• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
Does anyone else think about war, genocide, POW/internment/concentration camps, terrorism, and even naturally-occurring things like famines and droughts and floods and how people fight to make it through horrible circumstances, and wonder what could possibly drive someone to fight so hard to stay alive? And then feel like a worthless POS because comparatively you're perfectly comfortable and most likely have never experienced anything like the above, yet still want to CTB? I can't even imagine truly, fiercely wanting to live in my own circumstances, let alone in a crisis situation. I don't understand how people do it.

Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
Yes I have pondered this a lot, especially since I had some failed therapy (they pointed out to me that other people have worse lives than me and generally made me feel shitty and like I have to right to feel the way I do) I don't understand why they are so determined to live either, if a natural disaster came for me, I would thank it for the assist. Some people must truly enjoy life, or at least they can tolerate it because they have enough moments of positivity and love in their lives to balance it out. I can't say for certain, but I think I might fight if somebody tried to murder me, mostly because you can't really tell if they will make sure you die, and you don't really know what else they might do to you.
Perhaps people fight because of fear of pain rather than fear of death?
That seems more likely to me 0.o

Reactions: neitherherenorthere
neitherherenorthere

neitherherenorthere

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
@WornOutLife Isn't it great? Billions of years of evolution and all SI does is get in our way XD

@Spiral I hope you've had better therapy since then. That's pure incompetence.
Fear of pain and death are probably the biggest things keeping people alive, tbh. People with brain damage that affects their fear response do all sorts of dangerous/lethal shit.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
Spiral

Spiral

Experienced
Jan 22, 2021
@WornOutLife Isn't it great? Billions of years of evolution and all SI does is get in our way XD

@Spiral I hope you've had better therapy since then. That's pure incompetence.
Fear of pain and death are probably the biggest things keeping people alive, tbh. People with brain damage that affects their fear response do all sorts of dangerous/lethal shit.

I haven't had any therapy since then, It kind of put me off. If I had any therapy now it would just be so somebody can record my mental state before i ctb, maybe if I am 100% honest and hold nothing back they might find something that can be used to help people with mental health problems in the future :)
I think so too, nobody would choose to suffer more than they had to. It seems only natural to avoid pain.