mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
@Maxtothemax what is your opinion on Biniyam and Ariela?

I think Ariela should have asked more questions about how Biniyam's standard of living in Ethiopia looked like, instead of expecting what she was used to. The fact that she was so unprepared for her move to another country really shows how privileged she is.

But I have to say that Biniyam gets on my nerves even more. He always only tells half of the story. So I get why Ariella's patients is running out. She is realizing that she can't trust him or rely on him for anything. Which must be scary as a new mother in a country you don't know, withoughg your family. ALSO! He keeps making the same mistakes he made with his ex, and at the same time putting pressure on Ariella to not react like his ex.
The conversion thing for example. His religion is super important to him. Well the same goes for her. So being pressured into giving up your religion, and picking up another within a few days, and being yelled at that your child is going to hell if you don't, must be so traumatizing.
OMG this guy. Rocks a Lamborghini but needs to spend 200k to talk to a Ukrainian con artist. That's absurd. There's plenty of gold diggers here in the US.

Now Caesar I felt bad for.

Yikes! The gold digger trope is sooo tired. :meh:
There are plenty of reasons why he is single. I don't know what it is with some dudes thinking, all it takes to find a partner is a Lambo. He is still gross, and creepy and gives of vibes that would make me feel unsafe in his presence.
And no, his car doesn't help me even consider him.

Did you see how uncomfortable Lana was around him? AND SHE IS AN ACTUAL GOLD DIGGING SCAMMER WHO WANTS HIS MONEY! She wanted to get out of his vicinity as quickly as possible, even though he was showering her with gifts and money. What makes you think, it'd be different anywhere else? :pfff:

Last edited:
Reactions: death137 and Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Like so many couples, Biniyam and Areola didn't think things through properly before deciding to have the baby. I don't remember if they mentioned the reasons why Biniyam doesn't get to see his first child. And way too many couples have problems over differing religious views. That's something that should be taken in account at the start of the relationship before you even think about marrying them.

@mooncake did you see the bowling scene? They had a little bet where if David got a strike, he would get a kiss. Every time he missed, I'm sure she was celebrating until he actually managed to get a strike and you could see the shock on her face lol

Reactions: death137
mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
I don't remember if they mentioned the reasons why Biniyam doesn't get to see his first child.

He said that she divorced him and took the kid with her to the states. At first I thoughg that he just couldn't get a tourist visa and she didn't put effort into visitibg Ethiopia with their child. But in a later episode, his sisters kind of confronted Ariella and made her promise she would run away like Biniyams ex. They never said what exactly happened but it must have been something big if a mother just runs away with her child and choses to be a single parent. Let alone the choice to completely cut the father out of the kid's life.

Also, Ariella spike about religion and how she was happy with her own and wanted to keep it. Biniyam acted like he didn't know he wanted her to convert before the birth. Im sure his ex had to convert to his branch of Christianity as well, so why did he only mention that so close before she gave birth and was alone? I'm really starting to dislike him, because I see signs if gaslighting from him and his family.
@mooncake did you see the bowling scene? They had a little bet where if David got a strike, he would get a kiss. Every time he missed, I'm sure she was celebrating until he actually managed to get a strike and you could see the shock on her face lol

Yeah taht was so gross. If you have to make a bet with someone to kiss you, and they celebrate when you miss, leave that person alone!!
I hate it when people feel like they can create situations where you are obligated to put out in any way. GROSS!

Last edited:
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Ahhh yes circa 1994.

I remember Puck fondly and Pedro too. Pedro was ground breaking. He brought HIV and LGBT issues into the mainstream, not many shows did that at the time. RIP

The Real World was arguably was the start of all this reality show madness, the slow painful death of MTV and the death of scripted TV as we know it.

Attachments

• EC3P-g5X4AE9Yc9.jpg
    EC3P-g5X4AE9Yc9.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Throwawaysoul
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Also! Are three days enough? I dont know why I find this so funny :pfff: maybd its the contrast of Yazan being entirely oblivious of what he just asked of her, and her being in complete shock. Aaand he doesn't even notice that :pfff::pfff:

This Nicki Minaj wannabe is a prefect example of women not learning and respecting their partners culture. This bitch shows up in the middle east with her fake tits hanging out and hard alcohol in her carry-on bag. Is she trying to get beheaded? I don't agree with how they treat women over there, but she has to be pretty damn dense to think they are going to change centuries of this behavior for her entitled ass. It makes for good cringe TV that's for sure.

mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
This Nicki Minaj wannabe is a prefect example of women not learning and respecting their partners culture. This bitch shows up in the middle east with her fake tits hanging out and hard alcohol in her carry-on bag. Is she trying to get beheaded? I don't agree with how they treat women over there, but she has to be pretty damn dense to think they are going to change centuries of this behavior for her entitled ass. It makes for good cringe TV that's for sure.

You say you don't like how "they" treat women, yet you call her a bitch for not complying with everything.
Also, completely giving up your own culture, your personality, your interests, your religion, your family and your dream career, so your partner's family accepts you (all things that were asked of her) has nothing to do with being respectful. Often times she didn't even know what she was doibg wrong, according to his family, because no one explained most of the customs to her beforehand.

She lied about her husband but she was truthful about who she was. Yazan knew who he fell in love with and it wasn't her responsibility to erase literally every single thing about her identity to please people she didn't even really know yet. She would not have been beheaded. Jordan is not Saudi Arabia. The problem was how strict his family is.

And what do her tits have to do with anything? Lmao

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
yet you call her a bitch

I call her a bitch for acting like a bitch. Lying makes you a bitch in my book, doesn't matter what your gender is. Lairs are my number one trigger.

because no one explained most of the customs to her beforehand.

5 minutes of Googling, she would have found out everything she needed to know. Avery managed to do it.

And what do her tits have to do with anything? Lmao

Nothing in America. Why was Yazan telling her to cover up? Usman kept telling Lisa the same thing. (Different country , same idea) LMAO

Last edited:
mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
I call her a bitch for acting like a bitch. Lying makes you a bitch in my book, doesn't matter what your gender is.

So you think Yazan was honest with her? Do you really think she knew what she was getting into with him and his family? No he pretended to be much more open than he actually was. He left a lot of stuff out because she wouldn't have come there if he was honest. You didn't call him a bitch though.

5 minutes of Googling, she would have found out everything she needed to know. Avery managed to do it.

A 5 min Google search would have shown her that alcohol, premarital sex, dating, showing your hair, having fake boobs, PDA and posing provocatively on your instagram are all legal in Jordan and maybe frowned upon. Google could not have told her about the fundamentalist beliefs of her in laws. That would have been Yazans responsibility.

Nothing in America. Why was Yazan telling her to cover up? Usman kept telling Lisa the same thing. (Different country , same idea) LMAO

Haha if you dont want a partner that like to show skin. Don't get a partner that likes to show skin. Its that simple.
If you do get a partner that likes to show skin, you don't get to pressure them into changing their personality fundamentally.

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
@mooncake I agree with what you're saying and I definitely have an ignorant perspective on the matter.

At the end of the day, this show wouldn't as popular if all the participants, were honest with one another and made informed intelligence choices in general. :)

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
@mooncake At the end of the day, this show wouldn't as popular if all the participants, were honest with one another and made informed intelligence choices in general. :)
[/QUOTE]

so true!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 19654 and Throwawaysoul
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
@mooncake

Even though Jihoon is a lying bitch and doesn't take his responsibilities seriously. She's no parent of the year either

This is my all time favorite scene.

It definitely influenced my decision to buy one. :haha:

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
@mooncake

Even though Jihoon is a lying bitch and doesn't take his responsibilities seriously. She's no parent of the year either

It definitely influenced my decision to buy one. :haha:

They are getting a divorce I think

clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
Can't stand that show. What some people would do for a visa. I was myself a victim of that. But I opened my eyes on time.

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
But I opened my eyes on time.

Wow, good thing you did. I can't imagine having play all that money for the process and if things don't work and they go AWOL, having financially responsible for an adult for 10 years.

You dodged a bullet my friend.

clayp

clayp

Student
Sep 24, 2020
Wow, good thing you did. I can't imagine having play all that money for the process and if things don't work and they go AWOL, having financially responsible for an adult for 10 years.

You dodged a bullet my friend.
Not mention nationality of that person, but it's very common on them to do so.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
Not a fan of Jihoon but felt pretty sorry for him after the way Deavan and her mum got so mad at him when her daughter ran off. He may have let her run off but she should have been taught not to. Can't stand her mum

mooncake

mooncake

Student
Aug 7, 2020
Not a fan of Jihoon but felt pretty sorry for him after the way Deavan and her mum got so mad at him when her daughter ran off. He may have let her run off but she should have been taught not to. Can't stand her mum

lol yeah that was not his fault. Deavan should invest in a toddler leash :pfff:

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
lol yeah that was not his fault. Deavan should invest in a toddler leash :pfff:
That child is borderline feral lol. That scene where jihoons parents came to visit them in the US and her kid is sat on the kitchen counter with chopsticks between her toes.

Reactions: mooncake