• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

"Nine out of ten people who attempt suicide and survive will not go on to die by suicide at a later date. This has been well-established in the suicidology literature. A literature review (Owens 2002) summarized 90 studies that have followed over time people who have made suicide attempts that resulted in medical care. Approximately 7% (range: 5-11%) of attempters eventually died by suicide, approximately 23% reattempted non-fatally, and 70% had no further attempts."

Why do you guys think that is? Is that because their attempts are impulsive or not thought through?

C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
I'd imagine it's a combination of some of these:
  • Others scrutinizing their actions more closely, to prevent them from making another attempt
  • The fear of messing it up again, possibly in a worse way
  • Actually having the memories of the pain and/or fear believing they are about to die, and not wanting to experience that feeling again
  • Their attempt causing their mental health to be taken seriously enough that they are actually able to get treatment that makes them at least not actively suicidal

That statistic also only accounts for successful attempts, there's still the 23% that try again, possibly numerous times.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I'd imagine it's a combination of some of these:
  • Others scrutinizing their actions more closely, to prevent them from making another attempt
  • The fear of messing it up again, possibly in a worse way
  • Actually having the memories of the pain and/or fear believing they are about to die, and not wanting to experience that feeling again
  • Their attempt causing their mental health to be taken seriously enough that they are actually able to get treatment that makes them at least not actively suicidal

That statistic also only accounts for successful attempts, there's still the 23% that try again, possibly numerous times.
Still 70% is a lot. Maybe they 7% annd 23% are the ones who could no longer suffer? And 70 are just impulsive ones?

Reactions: sserafim
I

ipunp

Oct 29, 2023

"Nine out of ten people who attempt suicide and survive will not go on to die by suicide at a later date. This has been well-established in the suicidology literature. A literature review (Owens 2002) summarized 90 studies that have followed over time people who have made suicide attempts that resulted in medical care. Approximately 7% (range: 5-11%) of attempters eventually died by suicide, approximately 23% reattempted non-fatally, and 70% had no further attempts."

Why do you guys think that is? Is that because their attempts are impulsive or not thought through?
I must be that 1 times 3. I've downed ridiculous amounts of sleeping pills 3 times in my life, the very first time on the night of my 13th birthday and am still alive. Never hospitalized, not so much as a missed day of school or work. Still looking for the permanent solution that will put me out for good. I guess others may have people intervening or they may have diversions, had such a horrible experience it scares them to try again. Still others may have changed their mind about suicide or just may not have the means/method to CTB or could be still trying to figure that out like me

C

cursedbynature64

Feb 23, 2024
Still 70% is a lot. Maybe they 7% annd 23% are the ones who could no longer suffer? And 70 are just impulsive ones?
I imagine that there is at least a significant portion of attempts which are impulsive. I do wonder if people who were successful would say they'd do it again. Obviously we can't ask them though.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Imagine if dying was just as easy as it is for two people to carelessly and thoughtlessly fuck each other and create a baby…

Only when death is that easy and carefree, will we know for sure how many people truly want out of this life.

Death is not an easy decision for people. And there are many people in this world, who are living lives of quiet desperation… wishing they had a reliable and peaceful way out.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Imagine if dying was just as easy as it is for two people to carelessly and thoughtlessly fuck each other and create a baby…

Only when death is that easy and carefree, will we know for sure how many people truly want out of this life.

Death is not an easy decision for people. And there are many people in this world, who are living lives of quiet desperation… wishing they had a reliable and peaceful way out.
Do you think that people would still f*ck so much and create babies if s*x wasn't pleasurable? I think that nature made it intentionally pleasurable just so that species would propagate and survive, and this is a detrimental thing. Procreation is the root of all suffering, it's immoral.

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

If death was easy and available and carefree like you say wouldn't you just see an increase in impulsive suicides? I'm not sure those people truly want out of this life maybe they would Just be acting on impulse after some negative event happens in their life.I'm not gate keeping suicide but if you want to see who truly wants out of this life wouldn't you want suicide to be hard to access so that only those who truly want it get it?

I think the ideal would be having Euthanesia for everyone but with safeguards for people under influence of drugs or impulsive actions. Idk, just thinking

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Do you think that people would still f*ck so much and create babies if s*x wasn't pleasurable? I think that nature made it intentionally pleasurable just so that species would propagate and survive, and this is a detrimental thing. Procreation is the root of all suffering, it's immoral.
You got.that right , if sex was not.fun and no orgasm , we would still be in peace in the void.

Nature is bad loll

All those.humans , 8 f..ING billions because of.orgasm that doesn't last long anyway. That's stupid.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023
If death was easy and available and carefree like you say wouldn't you just see an increase in impulsive suicides? I'm not sure those people truly want out of this life maybe they would Just be acting on impulse after some negative event happens in their life.I'm not gate keeping suicide but if you want to see who truly wants out of this life wouldn't you want suicide to be hard to access so that only those who truly want it get it?

I think the ideal would be having Euthanesia for everyone but with safeguards for people under influence of drugs or impulsive actions. Idk, just thinking

Only the individual knows how much they want out of this life. Desires are not always met with actions.

Your study does not account for how many people in society, secretly harbour a desire to get out of this life, but are unhappy with the available methods.

And as regards impulsivity, again this isn't some foolproof way of determining someone's level of motivation towards a particular course of action. Like I said, we do lots of things impulsively… fucking, eating, playing, fighting, talking, crying… etc. Impulse is natural, you could also describe it as instinctive. Some people are impulsive, some are not… but it doesn't really prove anything either way.

No, making death easy and carefree and completely peaceful/painless would be the ultimate way to gauge how many people truly desire a way out. If dying was no big deal, just like pouring yourself a cup of coffee… then we would see just how many people want to stick around in this life and how many truly want out.

Why should death be more difficult than any other process in life? We discriminate against death, even though we have zero evidence to suggest that death is a bad thing. Yet we have plenty of evidence that this life can become a terrible burden on many people, with no real limit to how much a person can suffer.

We should stop being biased against death, and treat it for exactly what it is, a perfectly natural biological process that causes no harm to anyone that we know of…

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Only the individual knows how much they want out of this life. Desires are not always met with actions.

Your study does not account for how many people in society, secretly harbour a desire to get out of this life, but are unhappy with the available methods.

And as regards impulsivity, again this isn't some foolproof way of determining someone's level of motivation towards a particular course of action. Like I said, we do lots of things impulsively… fucking, eating, playing, fighting, talking, crying… etc. Impulse is natural, you could also describe it as instinctive.

No, making death easy and carefree and completely peaceful/painless would be the ultimate way to gauge how many people truly desire a way out. If dying was no big deal, just like pouring yourself a cup of coffee… then we would see just how many people want to stick around in this life and how many truly want out.

Why should death be more difficult than any other process in life? We discriminate against death, even though we have zero evidence to suggest that death is a bad thing. Yet we have plenty of evidence that this life can become a terrible burden on many people, with no real limit to how much a person can suffer.

We should stop being biased against death, and treat it for exactly what it is, a perfectly natural biological process that causes no harm to anyone that we know of.
Lol we wouldn't have a society at all lmao. If death was so accepted and free so that after every minor inconvenience someone goes for euthanesia I think we would pretty quickly all die out. This isn't solving anything lol. Impulsively absolutely matters. You may want to stop the pain quickly which you would be allowed to do but you may not know that the pain would go away if you stick around a little bit longer.

Again. "Truly want out" doesn't mean hey my car broke down today I'm gonna ctb later this evening. Truly wanting out means discriminating between those who don't truly want out and those who do. To do that you have to have some sort of measure through which you can determine that. One of that measure is access to suicide. The easier it is to achieve the less likely you are going to determine who truly wants out because it will allow anyone who truly wants out and who don't. The harder it is to achieve the more likely you are going to determine who truly wants out.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023
Lol we wouldn't have a society at all lmao. If death was so accepted and free so that after every minor inconvenience someone goes for euthanesia I think we would pretty quickly all die out. This isn't solving anything lol. Impulsively absolutely matters. You may want to stop the pain quickly which you would be allowed to do but you may not know that the pain would go away if you stick around a little bit longer.

Again. "Truly want out" doesn't mean hey my car broke down today I'm gonna ctb later this evening. Truly wanting out means discriminating between those who don't truly want out and those who do. To do that you have to have some sort of measure through which you can determine that. One of that measure is access to suicide. The easier it is to achieve the less likely you are going to determine who truly wants out because it will allow anyone who truly wants out and who don't. The harder it is to achieve the more likely you are going to determine who truly wants out.

I respectfully disagree. We already have a system, where death is difficult. We have millions of people suffering with no way out. So we already know how your system would work, and it's not working.

Society will survive if it's supposed to survive… if enough people think it's worth sticking around to maintain it. Who said we're solving anything anyway? We have no idea why we exist, no idea if human society even matters… it could all just be some pointless game we're playing for all we know.

That ultimately should come down to individual choice. Nobody should be obligated to stick around in this life, just so we can maintain a society that is full of suffering.

Again, so many people have this ingrained bias. That life/society is inherently good, and death is inherently something bad. So we promote life and try to "protect" people from death (which really often means keeping many unhappy people as prisoners).

Do you have any evidence that death is inherently bad or harmful to people?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I respectfully disagree. We already have a system, where death is difficult. We have millions of people suffering with no way out. So we already know how your system would work, and it's not working.

Society will survive if it's supposed to survive… if enough people think it's worth sticking around to maintain it. Who said we're solving anything anyway? We have no idea why we exist, no idea if human society even matters… it could all just be some pointless game we're playing for all we know.

That ultimately should come down to individual choice. Nobody should be obligated to stick around in this life, just so we can maintain a society that is full of suffering.

Again, so many people have this ingrained bias. That life/society is inherently good, and death is inherently something bad. So we promote life and try to "protect" people from death (which really often means keeping many unhappy people as prisoners).

Do you have any evidence that death is inherently bad or harmful to people?
I don't think death is bad or harmful to you. But it is harmful to people around you. I could see how your system would work if everyone was just a cruel emotionless creature I guess. People have families, kids, get attached to each other. Dead children destroy families. Dead partners, husbands destroy marriages. It is absolutely impossible to have such a view of death as you have because fundamentally humans get attached to each other. Unless you live your life as a hermit without family, this kind of thinking doesn't lead anywhere. This is why death is considered last resort because your death is the worst nightmare for people who love you. And if we take this kind of thinking into broader society what you have is a huge disaster.

This is why when you have someone that loves you and if you come in and tell them. Sorry I gotta ctb, chances are if they love you they will be sad if not totally emotionally destroyed. And after your death they will suffer and miss you. This is part of the reason why our society views death that way.

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023
I don't think death is bad or harmful to you. But it is harmful to people around you. I could see how your system would work if everyone was just a cruel emotionless creature I guess. People have families, kids, get attached to each other. Dead children destroy families. Dead partners, husbands destroy marriages. It is absolutely impossible to have such a view of death as you have because fundamentally humans get attached to each other. Unless you live your life as a hermit without family, this kind of thinking doesn't lead anywhere. This is why death is considered last resort because your death is the worst nightmare for people who love you. And if we take this kind of thinking into broader society what you have is a huge disaster.

This is why when you have someone that loves you and if you come in and tell them. Sorry I gotta ctb, chances are if they love you they will be sad if not totally emotionally destroyed. And after your death they will suffer and miss you. This is part of the reason why our society views death that way.

So your argument hinges on obligation and emotional blackmail, basically?

Stick around for society and your family, even if you're in terrible pain? Seems pretty heartless and cruel towards the suicidal person…

That sort of thinking doesn't work. We know that guilt tripping unhappy people, is a terrible strategy to prevent suicide.

You should not assume that everyone sees death as a "last resort"… it's a last act by definition, but not always the last resort.

Sometimes it's the preferred option, because people recognise that this life is full of pain and suffering, and there is no evidence that death causes any suffering. So it can be quite a logical and rational decision for many people.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
So your argument hinges on obligation and emotional blackmail, basically?
Lol if you think not wanting to destroy your family completely possibly for the rest of their lives is emotional blackmail then okay. And I mean you can pretend to act like you have no obligations on life and that's fine but I think moral people do what they can to help their close ones.
Stick around for society and your family, even if you're in terrible pain? Seems pretty heartless and cruel towards the suicidal person…
Who said anything about terrible pain? You are going from one extreme to the other. Everyone who commits suicide isn't in terrible pain. Some are, some aren't. If we had a society with beliefs like yours, then those who could handle it would quit, leaving everything and everyone behind them.
That sort of thinking doesn't work. We know that guilt tripping unhappy people, is a terrible strategy to prevent suicide.
How is it guilt tripping? Do you think anyone guilt trips a married man with a dead end job to stay alive? No, he has kids and a wife and if he dies they would go hungry. That's what you call having morals. But he can just quit you know, and them, well death is better for them, do I get this right?
You should not assume that everyone sees death as a "last resort"… it's a last act by definition, but not always the last resort.
I would say for rational people it is a last resort. For people with impulsive tendencies and under those in manic, psychotic episodes it can be the last act yes.
Sometimes it's the preferred option, because people recognise that this life is full of pain and suffering, and there is no evidence that death causes any suffering. So it can be quite a logical and rational decision for many people.
For those who are hermits who never came into contact with human beings possibly yes. For people who have families and loved ones, dying is absolutely illogical, assuming that they are healthy it is absolutely irrational.
"I have a healthy family, wife, kids, but life is full of pain so I'm gonna go die" lmao.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Lol if you think not wanting to destroy your family completely possibly for the rest of their lives is emotional blackmail then okay. And I mean you can pretend to act like you have no obligations on life and that's fine but I think moral people do what they can to help their close ones.

Who said anything about terrible pain? You are going from one extreme to the other. Everyone who commits suicide isn't in terrible pain. Some are, some aren't. If we had a society with beliefs like yours, than those who could handle it would quit, leaving everything and everyone behind them.

How is it guilt tripping? Do you think anyone guilt trips a married man with a dead end job to stay alive? No, he has kids and a wife and if he dies they would go hungry. That's what you call having morals. But he can just quit you know, and them, well death is better for them, do I get this right?

I would say for rational people it is a last resort. For people with impulsive tendencies and under those in manic, psychotic episodes it can be the last act yes.

For those who are hermits who never came into contact with human beings possibly yes. For people who have families and loved ones, dying is absolutely illogical, assuming that they are healthy otherwise it is absolutely irrational.
"I have a healthy family, wife, kids, but life is full of pain so I'm gonna go die" lmao.
I think that suicide isn't acceptable if you have dependents/children because they rely on you, but it is okay if you have none. I believe that it is okay if you have loved ones (and no dependents) because you're not responsible for how anyone feels. Also, doesn't the married man's wife have a job? Can't she provide for the family too?

Last edited:
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I
I think that suicide isn't acceptable if you have dependents because they rely on you, but it is okay if you have none. I believe that it is okay if you have loved ones (and no dependants) because you're not responsible for how anyone feels. Also, doesn't the married man's wife have a job? Can't she provide for the family too?
well in my hypothetical scenario she can't. But even if she could do you not think losing her husband would possibly change her for the rest of her life?

Of course you aren't responsible for how anyone feels technically speaking. But considering others feelings in your choice is what I would call compassion

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

Jul 18, 2023

Who said anything about terrible pain? You are going from one extreme to the other. Everyone who commits suicide isn't in terrible pain. Some are, some aren't. If we had a society with beliefs like yours, then those who could handle it would quit, leaving everything and everyone behind them.

For those who are hermits who never came into contact with human beings possibly yes. For people who have families and loved ones, dying is absolutely illogical, assuming that they are healthy it is absolutely irrational.

Can I ask why you reply with these "lol" "lmao" in your posts? It seems quite disrespectful, almost like you're laughing at anyone who has a different view to your own. This is a pro-choice forum, so there are many different valid perspectives on these issues.

So, back to your points. Yes, I think what you're describing is a form of guilt tripping or emotional blackmail.

This life was imposed on all of us, again by the family unit, which you are trying to use to guilt trip unhappy people into sticking around. So it's a type of circular argument, often used by religious people… family unit imposes life on a child against their will… then society guilt trips the unhappy person into sticking around… because "think of your family"…

This is a type of societal trap. But it doesn't work… it's a tired worn out ineffective method of persuasion.

So, you don't think suicidal people are suffering? That seems a bit of an odd statement, considering you're literally posting on a suicide forum full of thousands of suffering people?

I don't think dying is "illogical" or always a "last resort"… the evidence in life doesn't back this sentiment up.

There are plenty of calm rational and intelligent people, who make a reasoned and logical decision to end their life rather than endure needless suffering. There is nothing "irrational" about this, it's actually very sensible and displays great wisdom.

There is no evidence that any of our suffering in this life has any objective purpose. So you could describe someone who endures or embraces pointless suffering as being irrational and lacking in wisdom or intelligence. (Not all cases of course)

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Can I ask why you reply with these "lol" "lmao" in your posts? It seems quite disrespectful, almost like you're laughing at anyone who has a different view to your own. This is a pro-choice forum, so there are many different valid perspectives on these issues.
Ok I understand. My bad.
So, back to your points. Yes, I think what you're describing is a form of guilt tripping or emotional blackmail.
Not really it's just called having morals and compassion
This life was imposed on all of us, again by the family unit, which you are trying to use to guilt trip unhappy people into sticking around. So it's a type of circular argument, often used by religious people… family unit imposes life on a child against their will… then society guilt trips the unhappy person into sticking around… because "think of your family"…
I don't think you have actually seen what a grieving mother looks like who lost her child or husband. If you can look at her and say" hey you were actually guilt tripping your son into living an unhappy life, he did what he wanted so I'm sorry" I think there is something wrong with that don't you think?

There is a big difference between being unhappy and unwilling to change anything to being in horrible pain. Both can lead to ctb but one of them you can change if you work on it and change something in your life.

And allow me to depart and start speaking religiously. Why are you so confident you didn't choose this life? What makes you think that you aren't the one creating the next life you are going to live? And all the people who surround you. What makes you think you aren't the one who specifically chose them to accompany you on your journey before you were born? What if you chose this family to be born into for whatever reason but that choice was the decision of your soul before you were born?
This is a type of societal trap. But it doesn't work… it's a tired worn out ineffective method of persuasion.
I don't see how it is a trap. People are just surviving and living. The trap isn't forced on anyone.
So, you don't think suicidal people are suffering? That seems a bit of an odd statement, considering you're literally posting on a suicide forum full of thousands of suffering people?
Where did I say that? Everyone suffers, including regular people and suicidal people. The degree of suffering is different and this is why people should have the option to carefully consider if they can change something or if their only way is to leave the life.

The decision to ctb should be made by an individual who carefully considers how their ctb will affect others and whether or not they are capable of putting up with it or not. I think it's fairly obvious.
I don't think dying is "illogical" or always a "last resort"… the evidence in life doesn't back this sentiment up.
In some cases it is illogical. If you are happy, happy family good health good money. Why die? It's absolutely illogical to me.

Evidence in life for who? Some people live happy lives from birth till death. What evidence?
There are plenty of calm rational and intelligent people, who make a reasoned and logical decision to end their life rather than endure needless suffering. There is nothing "irrational" about this, it's actually very sensible and displays great wisdom.
Again, there is generally absolutely nobody who is perfectly healthy in mind, body, wealth etc who considers suicide. If you go and look at any celebrity who lived and ctbed you would always find that they suffered from something. The decision to leave life implies having a problem you are avoiding. In some cases the problems can be too big for you to deal with. In some cases they are not.

Catching the bus because life is generally suffering(but you are not suffering at the moment) is an illogical reason to die. So you are dying because sometime in the future you may suffer? Why not wait to see whether or not you can overcome it? Absolutely illogical to me.

Look at how many great philosophers our history has made. Why, if they were so smart and logical did they not just ctb? After all they could avoid needeless suffering? None of them did.
There is no evidence that any of our suffering in this life has any objective purpose. So you could describe someone who endures or embraces pointless suffering as being irrational and lacking in wisdom or intelligence. (Not all cases of course)
Refer to my comment above. Some of the greatest philosophers, thinkers, writers were simply irrational and lacking in wisdom or intelligence because they decided to continue living instead of dying. I think the greatest wisdom is to actually live inspite of suffering. And I say that as someone who will ctb soon.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Ok I understand. My bad.

Not really it's just called having morals and compassion

I don't think you have actually seen what a grieving mother looks like who lost her child or husband. If you can look at her and say" hey you were actually guilt tripping your son into living an unhappy life, he did what he wanted so I'm sorry" I think there is something wrong with that don't you think?

There is a big difference between being unhappy and unwilling to change anything to being in horrible pain. Both can lead to ctb but one of them you can change if you work on it and change something in your life.

And allow me to depart and start speaking religiously. Why are you so confident you didn't choose this life? What makes you think that you aren't the one creating the next life you are going to live? And all the people who surround you. What makes you think you aren't the one who specifically chose them to accompany you on your journey before you were born? What if you chose this family to be born into for whatever reason but that choice was the decision of your soul before you were born?

I don't see how it is a trap. People are just surviving and living. The trap isn't forced on anyone.

Where did I say that? Everyone suffers, including regular people and suicidal people. The degree of suffering is different and this is why people should have the option to carefully consider if they can change something or if their only way is to leave the life.

The decision to ctb should be made by an individual who carefully considers how their ctb will affect others and whether or not they are capable of putting up with it or not. I think it's fairly obvious.

In some cases it is illogical. If you are happy, happy family good health good money. Why die? It's absolutely illogical to me.

Evidence in life for who? Some people live happy lives from birth till death. What evidence?

Again, there is generally absolutely nobody who is perfectly healthy in mind, body, wealth etc who considers suicide. If you go and look at any celebrity who lived and ctbed you would always find that they suffered from something. The decision to leave life implies having a problem you are avoiding. In some cases the problems can be too big for you to deal with. In some cases they are not.

Catching the bus because life is generally suffering(but you are not suffering at the moment) is an illogical reason to die. So you are dying because sometime in the future you may suffer? Why not wait to see whether or not you can overcome it? Absolutely illogical to me.

Look at how many great philosophers our history has made. Why, if they were so smart and logical did they not just ctb? After all they could avoid needeless suffering? None of them did.

Refer to my comment above. Some of the greatest philosophers, thinkers, writers were simply irrational and lacking in wisdom or intelligence because they decided to continue living instead of dying. I think the greatest wisdom is to actually live inspite of suffering. And I say that as someone who will ctb soon.
What makes you think that your soul didn't choose suicide in your life plan?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Idk. I tend to think we have a general life plan of how things should go but because we have free will we can fuck it up. I fucked it up.

But maybe I did choose it. And if I did. That was a fucking stupid decision.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I find this is interesting in nde videos onn YouTube that some people choose suicide in their life plan

• Informative
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I find this is interesting in nde videos onn YouTube that some people choose suicide in their life plan
I also heard that some people choose to be autistic or mentally disabled because their actual soul plan is to teach other people around them. Idk how true it is.

• Informative
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yes, I've heard that too . I want to punch my higher self If I choose to be mentally ill
Honestly that's the only part that scares me. The fear that it might get worse after I die. But again; maybe people like that feel the weight of life differently than others, who knows