• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

V

VX1

Student
Jun 28, 2018
The bar is about 1 inch and around 6 ft off floor I'm 5'6"

Would it help if you cut the rope short, tied one end to a caribiner and a slipknot on the other, place the noose on your neck, tighten it up by hand then get on bucket or whatever then clip the caribiner to the bar and you're ready to go?
I don't know. You sound too close to the bar for it to be comfy, your almost touching the ground before you start. That would annoy me badly. I'd choose a better location, a tree most likely.

IMG 20180811 230343

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Would it help if you cut the rope short, tied one end to a caribiner and a slipknot on the other, place the noose on your neck, tighten it up by hand then get on bucket or whatever then clip the caribiner to the bar and you're ready to go?
I don't know. You sound too close to the bar for it to be comfy, your almost touching the ground before you start. That would annoy me badly. I'd choose a better location, a tree most likely.

View attachment 365
If I used a caribener wouldn't that make me closer to the floor to begin with I could use a slipknot on the bar instead of the hitch I used and I have no way to get to a tree to do it am I going to end up with partial if my toes just touch the floor

V

VX1

Student
Jun 28, 2018
Yeah, the caribiner makes it easy in one way but it will add a couple of inches to the deal which you just don't have to spare.
Could you not dig a 3ft hole where your feet be to give you decent working space? :-)

Reactions: lv-gras
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Yeah, the caribiner makes it easy in one way but it will add a couple of inches to the deal which you just don't have to spare.
Could you not dig a 3ft hole where your feet be to give you decent working space? :-)
It's a closet

V

VX1

Student
Jun 28, 2018
Yes, tricky. Your rope from bar knot to noose knot is only a couple of inches long. I can see why you think you might touch the floor.
I'm out of ideas really. It would drive me nutz having such small room for error. Rope will stretch a bit, you'll stretch a bit, before you know it your stood up.

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Yes, tricky. Your rope from bar knot to noose knot is only a couple of inches long. I can see why you think you might touch the floor.
I'm out of ideas really. It would drive me nutz having such small room for error. Rope will stretch a bit, you'll stretch a bit, before you know it your stood up.
That's what I'm afraid of if I put something under the knot would that get me off the floor some

V

VX1

Student
Jun 28, 2018
That's what I'm afraid of if I put something under the knot would that get me off the floor some
I can't see how. The knot is going to be pulled to the underside of the bar. If you put anything under it it'll mean its closer to the floor.

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
I can't see how. The knot is going to be pulled to the underside of the bar. If you put anything under it it'll mean its closer to the floor.
I just thought maybe between my neck and the kno th would make it a little shorter