WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
In America if you can't drive you might as well have no legs due to our non-existent infrastructure. Driving scares me because I'm afraid of getting into accidents. It feels like a scam, instead of building trains or buses, we're all forced to buy these mini-death machines. How many deaths a year can be prevented if we didn't use cars? I mean, I'm suicidal, but I want to die on my own terms and not in an accident, plus not all accidents are lethal and you might end up crippled instead.

Anyways, I've always disliked work because you barely earn much of your labor value, while most of the profits goes to your employer. It's exploitative and mentally crushing. But you have to work to survive right? Born to suffer. Born with a social contract imposed on you. Death might be preferable over slave labor. It's not like I've never worked before, I've been in a restaurant and the heat and grease and oil gave me sensory overload, it was extremely unpleasant as an autist. I couldn't get along with my coworkers because I lack social skills. If I stayed longer, I would've been bullied out of the job anyways. Normal people can sense your autism from a mile away.

What will I do when my parents retire? Kill myself. Or they might disown me before then. I don't want to live the homeless life or prison life. Suicide is the only answer I can think of.

"Man up kid, get your ass back to the labor camp."

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WhatPowerIs, etherealspring, pilotviolin and 7 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Driving puts me in such a fight or flight mode . Everytime I drive I worry the whole time I'm going to end up in a bad crash. Most people don't think like this and drive like maniacs

• Hugs
Reactions: tsumihoroboshi, tbroken, Agon321 and 2 others
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
Driving puts me in such a fight or flight mode . Everytime I drive I worry the whole time I'm going to end up in a bad crash. Most people don't think like this and drive like maniacs
Yeah, the average civilian can't be trusted with such heavy machinery. Meanwhile bus drivers and train operators are trained professionals.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
If it makes you feel any better, I don't like driving either.

I am 21 years old, I got my driving license at the age of 18.
I live in Europe, so the infrastructure is different here.

I hate driving. I don't feel completely confident.
This may be because I don't ride enough.
Honestly, I prefer to walk on my feet.
Of course I have to go to the store, etc. so I use a car.
However, it is not the most pleasant activity in my life.
I feel overwhelmed while driving.
I don't feel the space around me.
I much prefer a motorcycle... but I don't have a motorcycle driving license ;).
I don't have a motorcycle either.

Unfortunately, in the USA, public transport has been plowed by some groups.
I don't know what it's like now, but I've heard stories that it's very bothersome.

Reactions: pilotviolin, divinemistress36, Shadowpriest and 1 other person
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
i never learned how to drive because nobody wanted to teach me, people still refuse to teach me, driver's ed is too costly for us and i have to have transportation to even get to that so i can't ever get a license even if someone did teach me to drive.

i have One person that can drive me places and they're too tired to keep doing that. i've had bad experiences with public transport so i don't bother with those and my crippling agoraphobia makes leaving the house alone impossible.

i'd get so much done if i could just safely walk or bike to where i wanna go but people are dangerous. i don't trust i won't get killed on my way somewhere.

Shadowpriest

Shadowpriest

было плохо - будет хуже
Jan 20, 2024
If it makes you feel any better, I don't like driving either.

I am 21 years old, I got my driving license at the age of 18.
I live in Europe, so the infrastructure is different here.

I hate driving. I don't feel completely confident.
This may be because I don't ride enough.
Honestly, I prefer to walk on my feet.
Of course I have to go to the store, etc. so I use a car.
However, it is not the most pleasant activity in my life.
I feel overwhelmed while driving.
I don't feel the space around me.
I much prefer a motorcycle... but I don't have a motorcycle driving license ;).
I don't have a motorcycle either.

Unfortunately, in the USA, public transport has been plowed by some groups.
I don't know what it's like now, but I've heard stories that it's very bothersome.
I'm pretty much the same, recently got my driving licence (God knows how I passed, must have been really lucky) but I hate driving. It gives me major panic, anxiety and stress especially when I encounter pedestrians or when I have to squeeze between parked cars or drive through narrow spaces, especially when I have to park the car. I like traveling by foot or use a bicycle and for long distance I'll use public transportation or taxi, it depends. I took my driving licence just to have it in my wallet and make my family "proud".

Reactions: Agon321
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

Experienced
Jun 25, 2022
i never learned how to drive because nobody wanted to teach me, people still refuse to teach me, driver's ed is too costly for us and i have to have transportation to even get to that so i can't ever get a license even if someone did teach me to drive.

i have One person that can drive me places and they're too tired to keep doing that. i've had bad experiences with public transport so i don't bother with those and my crippling agoraphobia makes leaving the house alone impossible.

i'd get so much done if i could just safely walk or bike to where i wanna go but people are dangerous. i don't trust i won't get killed on my way somewhere.
Do you live in America? Imagine if we had walkable cities like other countries

Reactions: tsumihoroboshi
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
I would say that I'm an active and almost fearless guy, but trauma gave me also fear and i know what you mean.
But...
What will I do when my parents retire? Kill myself. Or they might disown me before then. I don't want to live the homeless life or prison life. Suicide is the only answer I can think of.

"Man up kid, get your ass back to the labor camp."
This, i do exactly this. Imagine we are living in a world where in certain parts of the world, Ukraine for example, they are fighting with bombs, drones, snipers, etc...
Think big and make accomplishing simple things easier... You don't necessarily have to DRIVE, you just need to be able to drive. I drive, but i don't like driving either, due to the many dangers of putting yourself on the road: pirates, engine failures, bad luck, OLD people driving reckless etc..