davidfischer2021@pr

davidfischer2021@pr

Jul 20, 2024
I am looking to CTB through hanging but the question of "will anything be able to hold my weight without breaking on me?" has been plaguing my mind for a while now.

I am 5'9 and 210 pounds give or take. I am of course interested in partial suspension since that seems better considering my weight issue. How will one in my weight range go about successfully hanging themselves, preferably through partial suspension if they most likely have no access to structures that will hold that amount of weight without fail? By that I mean I have no beams, doors, etc to hang myself from. My doors will definitely not hold my weight. I have wooden bannisters but I'm not entirely sure if they can hold my weight.

I was particularly interested in Kate Spade's or Robin William's methods to CTB but I'm sure they were nowhere near my weight range. I'm sure my room doorknob I bought recently to replace a cheaper one, even though it seems more sturdy, will not sustain my weight even if I kneel on the floor. What are my best chances then? Is hanging turning out to be a total dud?

Reactions: kinderbueno
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If you don't find a strong enough anchor point then hanging is not the method. It should be possible to install a hook in the ceiling (if it's concrete) that can hold 300 - 400+ kg. If you have strong walls you also can consider a pull-up bar. Just make sure it can hold minimum 3-4x your body weight.

Reactions: davidfischer2021@pr
Upvote 1
davidfischer2021@pr

davidfischer2021@pr

Jul 20, 2024
If you don't find a strong enough anchor point then hanging is not the method. It should be possible to install a hook in the ceiling (if it's concrete) that can hold 300 - 400+ kg. If you have strong walls you also can consider a pull-up bar. Just make sure it can hold minimum 3-4x your body weight.
Unfortunately my house, like 90% of American homes is just some hollow stick box.

I forgot about pull-up bars, yeah my door frame seems pretty sturdy and protruded compared to my previous house. That probably will be my best bet. Thanks šŸ‘

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0