Which group are you the most excited to see play?

• Total voters
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I know there's a couple of footie fans here. Come, lets rave and rage over our teams.:hug:

I'm rooting for belgium but have a strong feeling either france or portugal are going to win.

• Love
Reactions: soakmeinbleach, death137, BluesRunTheGame and 3 others
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
With all due respect with all the hardships most of us face here the last thing we care about is a bunch of guys running after a ball and getting millions of euros while we are depresssd and live in poverty.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: heraclitus23, GenesAndEnvironment, LM10 and 5 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Oh believe me I know but its the only thing that brings some excitement to my life atm(and actually provides a distraction from my misery). The topic should be good in the offtopic section since that's where all the misc topics go.

Reactions: heraclitus23, Celerity, Sans and 1 other person
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Love football takes away 90 minutes of pain and boredom, even though my team is, Wow what a bargain, haha it's nice to see a few exciting games.

Edit: I will be watching all the games.

Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: heraclitus23, _r1a, Bigpink and 2 others
Busticket

Busticket

Student
May 18, 2021
Oh believe me I know but its the only thing that brings some excitement to my life atm(and actually provides a distraction from my misery). The topic should be good in the offtopic section since that's where all the misc topics go.
I see.
If it helps you by all means keep watching football.

But for me personally since I became an adult and my life started becoming hard the last thing I care about is sports or celebrities.

• Hugs
Reactions: LONE WOLF., lobster salad and lofticries
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I see.
If it helps you by all means keep watching football.

But for me personally since I became an adult and my life started becoming hard the last thing I care about is sports or celebrities.
I don't really care about celebs either. I mean if they make good music or movies awesome but other than that I'm not up to glorify them. (Stan culture is toxic)

I don't know why but I see footballers as some kind of characters. Like wwe except real. I've been watching football for 14 years but didn't really get into it until 4 years ago at my lowest. now it's become kind of a hobby.
Love football takes away 90 minutes of pain and boredom, even though my team is, Wow what a bargain, haha it just nice to see an exciting game.

Edit: I will be watching all the games.

Cheers

Geo
Yesss! Don't forget the drama and banter that always unfolds as well. Glad the fans are back to amplify that!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
If we were all the same, the world would be a boring place, or should I say an even more boring place, lol.

I care about celebrities omg have you not seen the suicides statistics.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: lofticries
shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
Lul and I was wondering why I walked past people handing out flags today. At least SS keeps me in the loop.

• Yay!
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Many people in Argentina hates Germany's national team because they've kicked our as*es 3 times in a row (I stil can't get over 2014's finals match) but I like their team and players' skills so much!!

Thus, I'm really excited about GROUP F and I'll be rooting for Germany until the end!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
It's good to meet other football fans here. I'm not European but Portugal is my favorite team. If Portugal doesn't win it then I want France to win it so that Kante has a way chance of winning the Ballon d'Or.

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and checkouttime
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
It's good to meet other football fans here. I'm not European but Portugal is my favorite team. If Portugal doesn't win it then I want France to win it so that Kante has a way chance of winning the Ballon d'Or.
There is a lot of ppl from the uk here so I'm guessing there is quite a bit of football fans. Portugal missed out on two good players neto and podence(both from my team wolves) due to injury but at least they still have bruno and jota. Also ronaldo if he can manage to not get injured through out the tournament.

If france win then kante no doubt will have a better chance at ballon d'or. He was one of the stand outs in the champions league final.
Many people in Argentina hates Germany's national team because you've kicked our as*es 3 times in a row (I stil can't get over 2014's finals match) but I like their team and players' skills so much!!

Thus, I'm really excited about GROUP F and I'll be rooting for Germany until the end!!
They liked them after the Braz17 incident. :blarg:
But then again being winners of the world cup on your rival's land>that.

Germany has a lot of good players but a change in management could be for the better or worse. They'll be under a lot of pressure after finishing at the bottom of their group at the world cup.

Ah,good luck to Argentina in copa btw. Messi needs to win something with his nt for once. The copa is gonna be held in brazil....its fate maybe.:sunglasses:

There better not be a chile vs Argentina final! Last copa should have killed that curse already.:angry:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: death137 and WornOutLife
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
There is a lot of ppl from the uk here so I'm guessing there is quite a bit of football fans. Portugal missed out on two good players neto and podence(both from my team wolves) due to injury but at least they still have bruno and jota. Also ronaldo if he can manage to not get injured through out the tournament.

If france win then kante no doubt will have a better chance at ballon d'or. He was one of the stand outs in the champions league final.
Oh you are a wolves fan. I like that team. But may favorite is Arsenal. A worthless team nowadays lol:

If France don't win it do you think Kante still deserve to with the Ballon d'Or? I personally think so. I mean Lewandowski is superb but he didn't win this year UCL and Poland has less chance of winning the Euro.

You said you are from UK (probably from the English part). What do you think about England chance in this Euro?

• Hugs
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Oh you are a wolves fan. I like that team. But may favorite is Arsenal. A worthless team nowadays lol:

If France don't win it do you think Kante still deserve to with the Ballon d'Or? I personally think so. I mean Lewandowski is superb but he didn't win this year UCL and Poland has less chance of winning the Euro.

You said you are from UK (probably from the English part). What do you think about England chance in this Euro?
Yep. Through thick and thin.:ahhha: I also watched spurs from time to time. In fact started watching a bit of spurs first but never became a fan. I just liked the way they played when they had poch. they really shined in 2018/2019 champions league...until the final that is.

Arsenal,ay? They better not take neves from wolves. praying that xhaka stays at arsenal so they won't have any money to swoop him up.:wink:

Nah, I'm american. Dad is originally from peru so that's where I get my love of football from. South americans are really passionate about football. probably even more than Europeans at times.

It all depends on kante's performance in the euros. de bruyne is also another contender. He was player of the season afterall not to mention another prem league title under his belt. If Belgium win then I think de bruyne will take it no doubt.

Not very good. I watched their friendlies and the likes of england who are top 4 in the world (I think) should have thrashed Romania and Austria. only beat one due to a pen. Sterling(out of form) and Kane(injured) look weak. Don't expect england to play the most exciting football this torment since it'll be really heavy on the defense. I think england will make it out of group stage pretty easily . Cant see em going any higher than quarter finals though .

Last edited:
Reactions: death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Yep. Through thick and thin.:ahhha: I also watched spurs from time to time. In fact started watching a bit of spurs first but never became a fan. I just liked the way they played when they had poch. they really shined in 2018/2019 champions league...until the final that is.

Arsenal,ay? They better not take neves from wolves. praying that xhaka stays at arsenal so they won't have any money to swoop him up.:wink:

Nah, I'm american. Dad is originally from peru so that's where I get my love of football from. South americans are really passionate about football. probably even more than Europeans at times.

It all depends on kante's performance in the euros. de bruyne is also another contender. He was player of the season afterall not to mention another prem league title under his belt. If Belgium win then I think de bruyne will take it no doubt.

Not very good. I watched their friendlies and the likes of england who are top 4 in the world (I think) should have thrashed Romania and Austria. only beat one due to a pen. Sterling(out of form) and Kane(injured) look weak. Don't expect england to play the most exciting football this torment since it'll be really heavy on the defense. I think england will make it out of group stage pretty easily . Cant see em going any higher than quarter finals though .
Yeah Spurs during Pocho time was good. As an Arsenal fan I'm expected to hate them but when I watch Lucas goals against Ajax I feel emotional lol. I think as a football fan all great moments should be enjoyed :)

I hope Xaka stays but it seems he will be leaving. I like neves but I won't mind if he didn't come to Arsenal (I will probably be dead soon anyway lol). It seems next season will be tough for wolves with the big change happening to them.

Oh sorry for mistaken you for a British. As an American what is your favorite moment/s from the USA national team?

Yeah de bruyne is another great contender. But I hope Kante wins it. I'm in love with him haha.

I see England as a funny team. They act like they are an elite team but they are just "little talent with great infrastructure" haha.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and Jumper Geo
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020

Kante is a god :heart: Chelsea

• Love
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
England's time is finally gonna come?!!

Football can be a good distraction from the misery; a major tournament a great one.

For now Italy are struggling to get a clear chance at goal against a pretty solid-looking Turkey.

Reactions: Jumper Geo, checkouttime and lofticries
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
England's time is finally gonna come?!!

Football can be a good distraction from the misery; a major tournament a great one.

For now Italy are struggling to get a clear chance at goal against a pretty solid-looking Turkey.

I really enjoyed the fact the football was on nearly everyday due to the pandemic and them showing all the games on TV!!! It was nice to be distracted for a few hours!

Reactions: BluesRunTheGame
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
That Turkish defense is strong af. I still feel italy will pull through. tbh i'm not too invested in either team. I think i'd prefer italy because they're the more entertaining of the two.

damn italy had 13 shots and the majority of possession while turkey had 0. Italy better win.

edit: and it a was only a matter of time before italy scored.
Yeah Spurs during Pocho time was good. As an Arsenal fan I'm expected to hate them but when I watch Lucas goals against Ajax I feel emotional lol. I think as a football fan all great moments should be enjoyed :)

I hope Xaka stays but it seems he will be leaving. I like neves but I won't mind if he didn't come to Arsenal (I will probably be dead soon anyway lol). It seems next season will be tough for wolves with the big change happening to them.

Oh sorry for mistaken you for a British. As an American what is your favorite moment/s from the USA national team?

Yeah de bruyne is another great contender. But I hope Kante wins it. I'm in love with him haha.

I see England as a funny team. They act like they are an elite team but they are just "little talent with great infrastructure" haha.
Ahh, yes I actually teared up a bit at the last min lucas goals. while that was going on liverpool made an impossible comeback against barca. But I hate liverpool so the ajax vs spurs game> liverpool vs barca.:hihi:

I really wish nuno was given another chance. raul getting injured was what truly doomed him as a manager. To put it into perspective of how much: raul missed 75 percent of the season yet still was the 2nd player to contribute the most goals....We had pretty much no one to rely on but an 18 year old who had never played in the prem before.:eh:

Nah,it's cool,bruh. I don't mind.

I havn't been much of a fan of the usmnt since 2014 world cup tbh. Good for them winning the concaf cup. Even though I was rooting for mexico.:ahhha:

Everyone loves kante. I would love to see what his speech would be if he won since he's so shy.:))

England has good players they just can't click together for some reason(mismatched egos?). It could also be down to management. Yes southgate got them to the semi finals of the world cup but lets not pretend they weren't up against some easy teams. The colombia vs england game would have been a different story if james rodriguez played.

I wouldn't underestimate england but I also wouldn't overestimate them either. I'm rather neutral on the nt. Majority of eyes will probably be on them this euro cup no doubt.

Damn,first opening goal is an own goal.

"Italian based turk"

secret agent.

Not sure if italy are back to being world class after 98275918374 years or turkey is just bad.

Last edited:
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Turkey not so solid after all... Italy looking good.

Reactions: lofticries, death137 and Jumper Geo
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
We pulled off an 1911

I didn't watch the match, just heard that Italy beated Turkey and wanted to make the joke

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Turkey were basically sitting ducks in that game. Not sure where italy nt are exactly when it comes to competition. I'll have to at least see them play Switzerland to make my guess.

wales vs Switzerland next. My bets on Switzerland.

on a lighter note this was cute and a bit extra.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: BluesRunTheGame, Jumper Geo and death137
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Turkey were basically sitting ducks in that game. Not sure where italy nt are exactly when it comes to competition. I'll have to at least see them play Switzerland to make my guess.

wales vs Switzerland next. My bets on Switzerland.

on a lighter note this was cute and a bit extra.

You beat me to it, lol I want one, mind you, it would be funny if it hit a 50 million pound player when whizzing off after the ball delivery.

Cheers

Geo

• Yay!
Reactions: death137, BluesRunTheGame and lofticries
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Switzerand surely gonna win this one.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Wales 0 Switzerland 1 ;-;

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and death137
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Not impossible for wales to tie at least. They have bale afterall. However yann sommer is a good goal keeper. That's the swiss nt's main strong point.

no srsly i've seen yan vs whole nts before. namely that game between england at the nations league for 3rd place .

Last edited:
Reactions: death137 and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Wales 1 Switzerland 1, :love:

• Yay!
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Wow! They looked well out of it.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Damn what a comeback! Its what the swiss deserve after letting wales dominate them so long in the beginng of the 2nd half.

I think it'll end in a tie with the way things are going so far. If not I think wales will take it since they look more lively.

Last edited:
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Wales 1 Switzerland 2 disallowed :ohh::love: