B

bluelou

Nov 10, 2022
After 7 years of different meds and 4 different types of talking therapy, I have finally got a referral to the community psychiatry department where I will hopefully get more specific help than my regular gp. Thursday is my first appointment, I'm not really sure what to expect so if anyone has any experience or helpful advice I'd be grateful.

• Love
Reactions: achromatic, onlyanimalsaregood and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Just be honest and say how you feel so they can try best to help you. Remember that these things can take time. You need to be honest so they know how much help you need and don't just discharge you.

B

bluelou

Nov 10, 2022
Thanks, I'm worried that if they know I have this recurring suicidal ideation they will lock me away or that it will trigger the feelings more. At the moment they're under control but a month ago I was sourcing items. 😕

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Yeah that's true that they do detain people for that sometimes, IDK it's likely safer to present it as 'wishing you'd never been born,' and not admitting to plans or desires to kill yourself per-se. Maybe stress how previous meds weren't helpful if you're trying to get a different type, and stress how grief or depression stop you from doing work or taking care of yourself?

B

bluelou

Nov 10, 2022
I think at this point I would just like something to help me sleep.. I get night terrors and then anxiety about sleeping because of the night terrors. The tiredness leads to so many depression symptoms for me.