• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
I will be using Metopimazine as an antiemetic when I CTB by SN, as Metoclopramide is prescription only in my country and I don't wanna bother importing. I heard it's a dopamine blocker just like metoclopramide, so I hope it'll do the trick with some paracetamol and antiacid.

The thing is, a cap of Metopimazine is 7.5mg. My current plan is 1 30 mins before, 1 15 mins before and 2 5 mins before, for a total of 4 which is the max recommended amount. It's very fast-acting but I heard it's not strong for a long time which is why I take so much.

As you can guess, though, 2x7.5mg is 15mg, which is above the 10mg recommended dose of Metoclopramide before CTB. Does this matter? I worry an overdose might make me sick which is absolutely not what I need as I'll already be sick from SN.

Any help please?

Last edited:
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
Sorry, I don't really know the answer. I'm commenting because I'm curious about this as well.

Fin

Fin

Normality is a crowd-sourced fantasy.
Apr 20, 2019
First off, the doses you mean are in mg, not g. So 1,000 times less. Secondly, you cannot directly compare metopimazine and metoclopramide dosages without access to an equivalency chart. They are different medications that don't necessarily have the same potency. The fact that you would take 15 mg of metopimazine in a single dose doesn't say anything about the equivalent metoclopramide dosage. If 30 mg is the maximum recommended amount for metopimazine, then you should be safe taking the 4 pills. I'd recommend that you do a test for this stat dose beforehands. Metopimazine is indeed a dopamine D2 receptor antagonist and can produce extrapyramidal side effects like restlessness (akathisia).

From the WHO ATC/DDD Index I can see that the DDD (Defined Daily Dose) for metoclopramide is 30 mg p.o., while for metopimazine it is 15 mg p.o. So one could assume that metopimazine is twice as potent as metoclopramide. But if your leaflet says 30 mg/day of metopimazine is accepted, you could go by that too.

Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
First off, the doses you mean are in mg, not g. So 1,000 times less. Secondly, you cannot directly compare metopimazine and metoclopramide dosages without access to an equivalency chart. They are different medications that don't necessarily have the same potency. The fact that you would take 15 mg of metopimazine in a single dose doesn't say anything about the equivalent metoclopramide dosage. If 30 mg is the maximum recommended amount for metopimazine, then you should be safe taking the 4 pills. I'd recommend that you do a test for this stat dose beforehands. Metopimazine is indeed a dopamine D2 receptor antagonist and can produce extrapyramidal side effects like restlessness (akathisia).

From the WHO ATC/DDD Index I can see that the DDD (Defined Daily Dose) for metoclopramide is 30 mg p.o., while for metopimazine it is 15 mg p.o. So one could assume that metopimazine is twice as potent as metoclopramide. But if your leaflet says 30 mg/day of metopimazine is accepted, you could go by that too.
Yeah, I messed up the grams, sorry. (My fault for not having the packet in front of me when writing…)

I can't find any charts online about metopimazine but there are a lot of sites saying it's a D2 dopamine blocker like metoclopramide, so I hope it's close enough. I don't really have the patience, time or money, (for multiple boxes) to test on myself so I'm just gonna hope it works. The only other solution is no antiemetic which I heard is a risky route anyways.

The leaflet says it's 1-4 caps a day for adults, so I guess that's 30mg a day…? Which is also similar to the metoclopramide max dose. Another way they're similar.

Question though, what would happen if you took more than recommended? My box contains 8 caps total—not saying I'll take all of them but what will happen if I take 1 or 2 plus the 4?

Last edited:
Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
Can someone help answer my question?