• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Very sad story of a 15 year old boy who CTB, like most of us in the UK if you use the NHS mental health services it's a like a nail in the coffin. What will surprise you, when he googled for a harmless fashion to commit suicide, he ended up getting his method from YouTube, WOW.

What also surprises me is the bullying in schools, what can be done this seems to be a very big problem, causing anxiety and mental health problems in children.

Cheers

Geo

Last edited:
flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
that's really sad. I see myself in him, my first big breakdown was at 16 largely due to being so isolated and subject to bullying. it annoys me that in these articles the doctors always say "he said he didn't have any plans or suicidal thoughts" to cover their own arse. I said the same thing because my mum was sat in the doctor's room with me and of course I wasn't going to admit to half of the shit that was actually happening. my heart goes out to him :heart:

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
that's really sad. I see myself in him, my first big breakdown was at 16 largely due to being so isolated and subject to bullying. it annoys me that in these articles the doctors always say "he said he didn't have any plans or suicidal thoughts" to cover their own arse. I said the same thing because my mum was sat in the doctor's room with me and of course I wasn't going to admit to half of the shit that was actually happening. my heart goes out to him :heart:
Yeh like no shit he said he didn't have suicidal thoughts. He didn't want to be treated like an animal and prisoner. sometimes I swear doctors view us as numbers

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I have posted this previously but I thought it was a good time to repost it, The London Ambulance are attending 37 attempted or suicides daily now that is for the London area so god knows what the figures are for the UK. I don't see that many UK members on SS or goodbye threads, so maybe we should start a petition to get YouTube shut, :smiling:

If you scroll down and read the messages there is a tweet from someone who was bullied at school and has just recovered from it and is now working with bullied children.

Cheers

Geo

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
It seems obvious. When I was a teen I always thought about it every time I got on a train for school. I shouldn't think you would need a youtube video for this or maybe it's a specific location or method.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Omg Geo. on YouTube?

Yes I was surprised but here are a few more resources people probably never thought about and they are both comedies.

Cheers

Geo

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Yes I was surprised but here are a few more resources people probably never thought about and they are both comedies.

Cheers

Geo

Wow I didn't even think of the yt videos that are indirect. I was thinking of the ones that are straight up guides lol

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Konjac

Konjac

Experienced
Oct 25, 2020
"He had told a psychologist he preferred playing Fortnite on his Xbox with online friends than face-to-face contact - but a coroner denied the game played a part in his death."

This sticks out to me- the bullying and utter incompetence from mental health services drove him to suicide? Nah. Video games bad. I mean, come on, even if they ended up denying it, why would that thought even enter someone's head? Are these so called 'professionals' so blind to their own shortcomings that they'd rather try to blame a dumb video game than take responsibility and, I don't know, learn a lesson from this situation? If they'd have done their job properly- listened to him, at least tried to have helped rather than just being the lazy fucks they are and discharging him- then hell, who knows, he might still be here today. Either way, everyone involved just wants to cover their asses, and this poor guy's death won't change anything. As far as the NHS is concerned, I'm sure he's just another number, just another liability. Seriously, the state of this fucking country. I hate it here.

Rage aside, rest in peace, man. I hope you're in a better place.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
"He had told a psychologist he preferred playing Fortnite on his Xbox with online friends than face-to-face contact - but a coroner denied the game played a part in his death."

This sticks out to me- the bullying and utter incompetence from mental health services drove him to suicide? Nah. Video games bad. I mean, come on, even if they ended up denying it, why would that thought even enter someone's head? Are these so called 'professionals' so blind to their own shortcomings that they'd rather try to blame a dumb video game than take responsibility and, I don't know, learn a lesson from this situation? If they'd have done their job properly- listened to him, at least tried to have helped rather than just being the lazy fucks they are and discharging him- then hell, who knows, he might still be here today. Either way, everyone involved just wants to cover their asses, and this poor guy's death won't change anything. As far as the NHS is concerned, I'm sure he's just another number, just another liability. Seriously, the state of this fucking country. I hate it here.

Yeh the fact they were even going to try to blame video games. Like what?

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Damn that sucks, youtube blocks harmless videos and then they keep shit like this.:// and we are the villains here apparently
I used to get bullied at school and it has damaged me and tainted my entire life. I'll never be the same as how I was before. Probably one of the reasons why I have anxiety and depression

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

đźš«Safety is a figment of the imaginationđźš«
Jul 1, 2020
i thought it was going to be this site and a post proving why you dont need an account to be "encouraged".

i never thought about the harmless ones like comedies. i do remember though that when i was about 15 i would watch "suicide note videos" i guess youd call them on youtube. the whole "hi my name is....and this is what ive been through." thing.

Reactions: Jumper Geo
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
The cure for bullying is to shut down the schools. The way to shut down the schools is to implement the standard 15 hour workweek for a single household wage earner holding full health and dental benefits which should have been standard at least 70 years ago. Society is racing backwards towards the human race's long deserved extinction.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
There's no way that method is harmless.

That's why I showed comedy movies with suicide scenes people get there ideas from everywhere, that's why hanging is still the most popular method as they probably heard a friend of a friend CTB by hanging at least SN seems to be a better and more painless..

Cheers

Geo

D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019

i also play video games from the moment i wake up till i go to sleep just so i dont have to live this reality. think that kid was the same as me. i also dont want to be seen by friends only on video games 9 (im deformed) maybe he had body dysmorphia or was really shy in public

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Mind you we are in lockdown in the UK so it's about finding something to keep you occupied as we are spending so much time inside, you find something you like you will do it.

Cheers

Geo

Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
Wow I didn't even think of the yt videos that are indirect. I was thinking of the ones that are straight up guides lol

That Pandora's Box wasn't simply opened centuries and millennia ago, it's been empty for so long it's stuffed and packed with cobwebs. Suicide sells tickets and books (which makes opponents of Sanctioned Suicide incredibly naĂŻve, ignorant and stupid). This movie was a box office smash in 1978...:

the-end-movie-poster-1978-1020240733.jpg
1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_(1978_film)

Incidentally, the ninth billed cast member of The End was making her movie debut, heavily hyped teenaged 1970's actress Kristy McNichol, who would later essentially end her career after 100 episodes of the later television series "Empty Nest" due having to bipolar disorder, a common condition in the acting profession which did not yet exist as a diagnosis when McNichol and other sufferers like Patty Duke originally became famous in Hollywood. (Duke would not get diagnosed and placed on lithium until 1982. What she is displaying with her dual roles in the 1960's "Patty Duke Show" and her histrionic performance in "Valley of the Dolls" is a channeling of her yet undiagnosed mental illness.)

Many performers in acting derive their ability from being bipolar, but acknowledging having that condition remains a questionable choice, as the downward career trajectory of Catherine Zeta-Jones after revealing her diagnosis demonstrates. (For McNichol, there were hardly any reruns of "Empty Nest" to provide residuals, although that was her likely objective in reaching 100 episode tapings for syndication. "Empty Nest" was a spinoff of "The Golden Girls," which does remain heavily in American syndication to this day. "Golden Girls" lasted 180 episodes, "Empty Nest" lasted 170 episodes. Why didn't "Empty Nest" ever succeed in syndication? Perhaps a variety of reasons, but the stigma still attached to Bipolar Disorder may not have helped when syndication was attempted from 1993 to 2000, ending shortly before the death of star Richard Mulligan.)

Anyhow, there are shit tons of ways one can die which have always been depicted in movies and television shows. (I mentioned Patty Duke's bipolar fueled performance as Neely in "Valley of the Dolls." In that movie, murdered actress Sharon Tate's character commits suicide with an overdose. "Valley of the Dolls" was originally to have the drug addicted Judy Garland return to movies after a five year absence as Helen Lawson, but art imitated life as Garland's own Demerol and alcohol fueled demons ruined her chances. Fox wanted Raquel Welch to portray sexpot Jennifer North, but Welch wanted to play Neely instead, giving Tate the biggest break in the only successful movie of her career. That movie was Fox's highest grossing film up to 1968 without a roadshow theatrical release, while Jaqueline Susanne's 1966 novel on which it was based was the best selling novel of 1966, and the best selling novel of all time by 1974. It appears that drugs, alcohol and suicide sell profitably, while bipolar disorder is not so profitable.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
That was shocking what happened to Sharon Tate such a talented actress, I must admit it's part of growing up if you watch a movie or old TV show and your with older people they tell you if they committed suicide and how they done it, if I think back over all the films and comedies I've watched it does shock you how many try to be funny with suicide scenes, I was watching murder she wrote keeping my mum company and low and behold there were methods I've not heard of and she said do you want to watch something else and I laughed and said no I'm enjoying this, lol but the writers obviously do their homework and the poisons used in the murders actually exist.

Cheers

Geo

N

needaplan

Student
Jan 31, 2020
Now I wonder which "easy" method he had chosen

blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Had a similar experience when I mentioned crying more than usual at the time. The doctor sat at his desk more occupied with his computer and replied "Everybody cries". Some healthcare professionals wonder why people suffer silently...