• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
LTNS ! :smiling:

No one can predict the future, yet we have to use the knowledge that we have to plan for the future. Where do you think you belong? Where will you fit in best? Where will you thrive?

I have spent many years contemplating life, pursued business ventures for about 11 years, traveled a lot around the world. Bad health made me lose interest in most things in life. I am not interested in getting married, or making more money, or to accumulate things. Almost all my family died, and it brought me to a point where I wonder where do I go from here? What is next for the bachelor?

Just the other day I read something that Ajahn Chah said about the types of people, some roam all their life, they never able to settle down, find peace, take refuge in their lifestyle, or faith. He said that this type of person has a lot of knowledge, but he compared it to having a bottles of medicine, reading the labels, but never taking any medicine (just wants to be a smart ass) I think I pretty much find myself in that situation, I spent too many years probing, peering, yet not applying any of my knowledge.

I am in my late 30's, and in the last few weeks I started to realize that I have to make decisions, and go all in, before time is running out. As the saying goes "the problem with people is that they think that they do have time". As family members dies, this saying is starting to resonate, now more than ever.

I would likely end up somewhere around the Himalayas, to live a simple lifestyle among like minded people, while focusing on meditation, and further philosophical studies. I think that is ideally where I would like to end-up, I cant think of anything else that can give me with "closure" to this life. Personally, I would want closure, to a rather traumatic past.

How about you?

Wolf
:heart:

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
We're almost the same age!

If I keep on having a decent life like now, I might be happy in my 40s but I'm worried about my health and weight. I know I gotta exercise but I'm teaching English all day and end up with no energy left lol.

To make matters worse, here in Argentina you can't be on the streets after 8pm!

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
We're almost the same age!

If I keep on having a decent life like now, I might be happy in my 40s but I'm worried about my health and weight. I know I gotta exercise but I'm teaching English all day and end up with no energy left lol.

To make matters worse, here in Argentina you can't be on the streets after 8pm!
High intensity at-home workouts in combination with calorie deficit should work. You can even skip the exercising since it's way easier (and cheaper) to not eat rather than to burn calories. When we don't eat our bodies naturally take more fat than muscle for energy (it'll still take a lot of muscle, of course, and this can be offset by protein + resistance training).

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
High intensity at-home workouts in combination with calorie deficit should work. You can even skip the exercising since it's way easier (and cheaper) to not eat rather than to burn calories. When we don't eat our bodies naturally take more fat than muscle for energy (it'll still take a lot of muscle, of course, and this can be offset by protein + resistance training).

Hey, dear! Thank you very much for that info!
I'm actually eating less, for some reason. Maybe my new meds? So, I'm not gaining weight as fast as in the past.

If I could just exercise a little bit I bet I would lose some weight! I have a spinning bike in my apartment but it's full of dust because I seldom use it! :pfff: . It's time to give it a try!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Hopefully in my coffin.
If I was to be alive, I would maybe like to live quite isolated in the countryside. I do like that kind of environment. If I could maybe erase some memories and get rid of some of my physical health problems I could be okay with that.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
prettycontent

prettycontent

Dec 30, 2020
10 years seems like such a long amount of time to me. I am really not sure If I see myself more as dead or alive in future as far as that. I will hopefully graduate university by then, and either will be working somewhere in the psychology field, or just some random place, maybe a shop. I feel like I experienced everything I ever wanted in life already, and from now on just a simple peaceful existence will do.

Reactions: luten
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I don't belong anywhere or with anyone because even when I'm getting along with people my edginess forces me to suddenly become contrarian on even things I agree with. My stupid brain always feels this innate need to carve my way through life to try to be as special snowflakey as possible and I'm pretty sure if I found a group of people who were exactly like me in terms of values, beliefs, and opinions, I'd probably just want to kill them all. Hopefully in ten years I will be dead, defeated by the forces of good. All I can ask for is their mercy through the peace of death even though I don't deserve it.

• Hugs
Reactions: prettycontent
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
I'd like to be at least partially recovered, and living a normal life. A decent job, good friends, pursuing my hobbies, and taking good care of my family. But I think I will be dead, realistically I will probably die from my depression. It's a matter of when, and whether it's by my own hands or my bad choices leading me to a fatal situation.

• Hugs
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
If I don't manage to kill myself in the next 10 years, I'll be forced to punish myself by killing myself

• Hugs
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Why not ? Do you live in BA ?

Because of the curfew.
Yes, I live in the city centre in Buenos Aires and recreational activities such as walking randomly or running are forbidden after 8pm. Only essential workers such as delivery guys, nurses, etc should be out there. It sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Bat 17
Bat 17

Bat 17

Bat 17
Mar 30, 2021
Because of the curfew.
Yes, I live in the city centre in Buenos Aires and recreational activities such as walking randomly or running are forbidden after 8pm. Only essential workers such as delivery guys, nurses, etc should be out there. It sucks.
I'd love to visit Buenos Aires it has so much history and I've heard really positive things from people who have been there. Hope to get out someday - let's go for a 'pint' when I do!

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'd love to visit Buenos Aires it has so much history and I've heard really positive things from people who have been there. Hope to get out someday - let's go for a 'pint' when I do!

Hell yeah! I will take you to the best places and we'll have lots of drinks plus a very popular food while drinking alcohol here: cheddar cheese + french fries lol.

• Yay!
Reactions: Bat 17