• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Xmac000

Xmac000

Somewhere...
May 23, 2018
I'd take the money and get high on weed all day.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Money

Reactions: Mizule, not-2-b-the-answer and mattwitt
F

Flife

May 21, 2018
There is no love. There are only fake promises and lies and lost hope and pain.

Reactions: retarddd, bunny, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
I

Inertia

May 24, 2018
I already have a partner who is pretty much everything I could ask for, so I'd take the money. I could pay off my and my partner's debts and leave them in a better place financially.

Reactions: mattwitt, lv-gras and Kim
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
I would kill myself

Reactions: retarddd, bunny, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
N

Nova

May 26, 2018
$1.000.000 is worth nothing these days. You need to add a couple of zero's there.

Reactions: goxua, mattwitt and Maravillosa
P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I'd take the money.
I'm not good with people or relationships so I believe that it's in the best interests of all if I stay away from people.
I'd use the money to buy a small apartment and buy some game consoles and treat myself to some good food.

Reactions: mattwitt, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I've always asked people this question. I figure if I could have the perfect, apple-of-my-eye-and-soul woman, and she loved me like I loved her, everything else would work itself out. So I would take love. We'd be an unstoppable team. The $1 million could buy you a lot of dates and other distractions and pleasures though. What would you do?

Take the money, donate half of it, use the rest partying, and then leave whatever I had left over after I died to my family.

Reactions: mattwitt
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Money

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, mattwitt and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
One million dollars is not enough for me :smiling: If about half of the million dollars is to be taken out in taxes and since I want to give to charity and to the Church at least 10% of the gross (~$100,000), that leaves me around $400,000. It is difficult to buy a nice home in Southern California for that price. If I were to pay cash in full for the house or condo (as I would prefer), I would have nothing left to give to family, much less to spend on myself (e.g., travel, books, clothes, jewelry). I have thought about how much money would be worth the trouble, and I think that $200,000,000 is a minimum. With the money that I do not give to charity, the Church or my family, or spend on a nice house and my own desires, I could set up a charitable foundation in my will that could perpetuate my name (perhaps to help promising unpublished middle-aged writers?).

Reactions: mattwitt
Libido Torpedo

Libido Torpedo

oh um
Sep 18, 2018
money = bitches

Reactions: retarddd, not-2-b-the-answer and mattwitt
M

MAIO

Elementalist
Apr 8, 2018
I've always asked people this question. I figure if I could have the perfect, apple-of-my-eye-and-soul woman, and she loved me like I loved her, everything else would work itself out. So I would take love. We'd be an unstoppable team. The $1 million could buy you a lot of dates and other distractions and pleasures though. What would you do?

If she is always going to be your soulmate that I would defiantly take her. However if she is just your soul mate at first than I would take money in a heartbeat.

throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
Love is a lie. Take the money and CTB in style on your own private island. I've never seen true love in my life. It's very rare and even if there was, this world is cruel. Better to leave then suffer with another person.

Reactions: bunny, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, lv-gras and 1 other person
Libido Torpedo

Libido Torpedo

oh um
Sep 18, 2018
Love is a lie. Take the money and CTB in style on your own private island. I've never seen true love in my life. It's very rare and even if there was, this world is cruel. Better to leave then suffer with another person.
love is basically a social construct, but i feel like you're kinda genralising

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, lv-gras and worldexploder
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Love, I already met my soulmate.
She didn't.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have too. She also didn't. I don't mean that we haven't met because I was stalking her from a far either. Lived with her most of last year. Best 8 months or so of my life. I would do anything to get that back.

Reactions: Flife
M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
Neither

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and worldexploder
Kim

Kim

Daydreamer
Sep 18, 2018
I already have the perfect partner now. Our love is so strong. I'd never expected that something like that can be real.
The busticket was bought and I thought to myself: Give life a last chance... and there he appaered.

I would never trade that love for money or something else in the world.

Reactions: Ssname, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sayo and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I've been in "love" before...I see it as a form of addiction. When you lose that fix it will send you into mad withdraws. I'd take the money, then use my finances to find a peaceful exit for myself, as well as anyone else who wants to go out with me in style.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Flife, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
love is basically a social construct, but i feel like you're kinda genralising
It's a romanticized word for an addictive attachment - hence why over half of all marriages end up in divorce. When you're in "love", all those endorphins sort of make you high...like being on drugs. Like drugs, you build up a tolerance to it and poof! The honeymoon period ends and reality begins. I prefer the word "caring". It has a more intellectual connotation to it.

Reactions: goxua, not-2-b-the-answer and Flife
Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018
Love, absolutely.

I have always had a deep longing for a real and loving relationship. For years, I tried improving myself in order to attract somebody. My complete failure at my paramount evolutionary imperative is the biggest reason I want to CTB. I come from a rich family, and let me tell you: money does not make you happy.

A million dollars doesn't even get you that far nowadays (in a rich country at least). It could fund a few months of wild, awesome experiences, and then you'd be back to square one. If you're smart with it and continue to work for consistent income, a million bucks could set you up to be financially comfortable for the rest of your life, but it is far from crazy riches.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flife, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Sayo
F

Firefly1

Aug 30, 2018
Love without question. Having the perfect guy who loves me like I love him has always been a dream. If we're together we could get over the obstacles of money

Reactions: lostinthedream, Ssname, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
I'm satisfied in love, which I realise makes me very lucky, and am suicidal anyway. Some issues in the self can not really be overcome except through very committed distraction. I don't think a better partner would make up for my unhappiness inside myself. Maybe I'm just rationalising away what I could and couldn't live with. Bargaining etc

I agree with the posters who pointed out a million wouldn't do much in the medium term. In the short term I could burn through it and then die. In the long term it could have been invested I guess. It doesn't really improve things.

Love is one of the reasons I wish things were different. I think love could make things worth it if I were just not so fucked in the head, if I had less of a diminished capacity to feel it. I went hungry for years and years even as a kid, I just wanted love, perfect love. I made myself so miserable trying to find even the barest hint of it I think it killed some of my ability to internalise affection.

If I had a million I think I'd like to rent a boat and overdose on the water and leave the rest for my family. But there are river cops and I wouldn't be able to operate the boat by myself so...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I'd take the money and then buy me a new dog every 10 - 15 years who will love me unconditionally.

Reactions: retarddd, Winona, Desperate_Soul and 2 others
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I would say love. $1,000,000 while a lot, isn't really that much. Not that I wouldn't take it if someone offered it to me for nothing, but finding a perfect partner I think would actually save my life. Finding a person who is perfectly compatible is rare and if one just materialized worth more than $1,000,000 to me. Having a perfect partner to live and grow with would help me a lot. Unfortunately, though I used to be very good looking and girls and sometimes guys flirted with me all the time, I have social anxiety and so missed out on tons of experiences.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
I'd take the money and then buy me a new dog every 10 - 15 years who will love me unconditionally.
Ha, I like this.

The problem is grieving for the dog. My dog is dying and it's gonna fuck up my ability to connect with new animals for a while. The perfect lover only dies once. But I guess people have many attendant problems too.

I was reading dog grief stuff recently and there was a quote by some asshole Sir Walter Scott to the effect of - But if he [dog] lived for fifty years then died, what would become of me? I was like are you kidding, you could spend the best parts of your life with the dog. Perfect partnership.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and mattwitt
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Ha, I like this.

The problem is grieving for the dog. My dog is dying and it's gonna fuck up my ability to connect with new animals for a while. The perfect lover only dies once. But I guess people have many attendant problems too.

I was reading dog grief stuff recently and there was a quote by some asshole Sir Walter Scott to the effect of - But if he [dog] lived for fifty years then died, what would become of me? I was like are you kidding, you could spend the best parts of your life with the dog. Perfect partnership.

They can clone dogs nowadays : )

Reactions: Desperate_Soul
Brokenanddeadinside

Brokenanddeadinside

Arcanist
Aug 8, 2018
I'd take the love over any amount of money.

Reactions: Ssname and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
I'll take the money and buy myself a Caucasian Shepherd and a Siberian cat. We'll live in a small hut somewhere in Scandinavia.
That way I'll be rich and have a loving, fluffy family ^_^

I don't believe in human love.

Reactions: retarddd and mattwitt
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I'll take the money and buy myself a Caucasian Shepherd and a Siberian cat. We'll live in a small hut somewhere in Scandinavia.
That way I'll be rich and have a loving, fluffy family ^_^

I don't believe in human love.
Sounds perfect !

Reactions: Desperate_Soul and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
its scientifical proven that love is more important for the happiness of human than money given that you dont live under the existencial minimum

Reactions: Ssname