• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
there was a doctor hotline that sounded good but the person became shit, idk what happened. they had a great sounding Ted talk and project, and it seems they sold out since then. maybe their work wasn't good at its peak, I wasn't there or seeing posted criticism

but there seemed special support for suicidal doctors.

I remembered because I don't find suicidality-informed doctors, which to me meant informed about all kinds of crisis, because crises get mistaken often and then those mistakes become chains that often end in a ward or checks or psychology field using mental&emotional abuse and physical force

so I wondered if there was anyone helpful to prevent stuff like that, because I hear people needing purpose, and people needing medical trust/safety, but I didn't hear those come together.

I don't mean I didn't want to hear from medical providers if they couldn't help that, though. and I was also interested if people might be able to help this, even if they weren't providers?

for me, a doctor saying 'plans/means are different than thoughts' hasn't felt very relieving anymore, if they don't understand how to psychologically respect someone and understand what life is like when vulnerabilities show someone what rational chronic suicidality is like

I guess that's one way to put it? doctors seemed paid too much to experience too many barriers to do most things, even to eat or use bathroom or to ask for anything or go anywhere or be noticed. basic things that become dead ends or obstacle courses needing difficult frequent planning?

I don't know, I'm embarrassed about these things, but I was reminded of these questions by the medical pressure on me when my body overwhelms me in ways that I don't know if here is the place to describe, in the archives I didn't see people describe chronic body distress here yet

Last edited:
D

DoubleUp8

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
Where are you? I'm in the United States where mental health industry is completely fraudulent and health care generally isn't usually going to be better than that either.

Reactions: restinpeace2 and Forveleth
A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
Where are you? I'm in the United States where mental health industry is completely fraudulent and health care generally isn't usually going to be better than that either.
I'm there

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Where I live doctors and medical staff will usually get their fitness to practice medicine called into question if they are suicidal, so most hide it. I have known quite a few medical students and they have to conceal their problems in fear of getting called into fitness to practice procedures.

There have been doctors on this forum before, but they were not pleasant to interact with and had extremely low empathy despite being suicidal themselves. One of them kept acting like diseases like CFS and fibromyalgia weren't real and mocked chronically ill people.

A lot of doctors surprisingly lack compassion. If you read forums where they hang out, you quickly realize the sheer number of people who shouldn't be allowed to work in helping professions. The culture is extremely toxic and making monsters out of medical staff due to the rampant bullying, litigious policies, etc.

Reactions: thot88 and Ah.ow
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I'm on the earlier end of becoming someone in the psychology field. Not what you were asking for, but if I don't ctb I may be a medical provider. Hard to say though, I can't imagine actually succeeding.

Reactions: restinpeace2
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Where I live doctors and medical staff will usually get their fitness to practice medicine called into question if they are suicidal, so most hide it. I have known quite a few medical students and they have to conceal their problems in fear of getting called into fitness to practice procedures.

There have been doctors on this forum before, but they were not pleasant to interact with and had extremely low empathy despite being suicidal themselves. One of them kept acting like diseases like CFS and fibromyalgia weren't real and mocked chronically ill people.

A lot of doctors surprisingly lack compassion.
The psychiatry sub is definitely most illuminating. Or perhaps corroborating is more accurate because they never really cared to hide how they view us. But it was still a bit jarring to see just how brazen and open they are about their views on there.

I'm certainly quite embittered about doctors.

But perhaps it shouldn't be all that surrising. We both have experienced how quickly and easily caring seems to disappear in people with whom we had personal relationships. It stands to reason that doctors wouldn't care that much either.

• Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I work in healthcare, but I am not a physician. Even in a professional setting doctors can be rather hard to work at times with to be quite honest. A great doctor is amazing, it's finding a great doctor that's the problem. It's often the bedside staffing doing the advocating for patients in my experience both as a healthcare worker and as a frequent patient. In my own experiences as a patient doctors are so often dismissive and condescending, it's honestly a miracle when I have one who listens and takes me seriously. I can't speak to how many doctors are suicidal, but other healthcare staff have a lot of personal struggles, I can tell you that much. The people fighting for your life are often the ones fighting for their own when they go home.

• Hugs
Reactions: restinpeace2, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, LaVieEnRose and 1 other person