Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Even when I make friends online, they usually stop writing to me. And I'm not blaming them, I'm really not a fun person and I don't usually know what topics to talk about. Everyone ends up walking away from me. Sure a lot of people read this and think it's not important, but I just want it to end.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SuicideM4n, Un-, myway2ehighway and 54 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Hi @Eren. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I know I've certainly felt that in my "real life" relationships. I'm not sure about the specifics of your online relationships, but I can say in my experience those have been a little different. I find that when your only connection is online, it's a little easier to fall "out of touch" with people. When you meet friends offline, it's usually because life situations bring you into proximity with one another and you keep engaging with them. I've had several online relationships that have dissipated not because of any ill will or falling out, but just because my real life situation changed or my online habits changed. Might that be a possibility in your case?

I've noticed your posts on SS and I think you've made quite a contribution to this community. I think that in itself is a reflection that your social skills surpass your self-assessment of them.

• Love
Reactions: myway2ehighway, InterstateFlowers, AnotherBrick and 5 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I feel sorry for you becasue I am somewhat like that. Actually I am a combo motor mouth and rub people the wrong way and do not even know it. I am 64 years young and through the years I have had people get introduced to me and they would almost right off the bat say " I do not like you", and I would just stand there and wait for them to leave. Now also I have the habit of talking till people run from me. Now I had a girlfiend once, hey 1 girlfriend in 64 years, what a loser!, and she could walk up to everyone and no one and she was instantly loved. Never figured it out. So, yes I 100% know how you feel and my heart goes out to you. You are such a nice and caring person. LOVE and PEACE to you and lots of brillant sunny days with a soft breeze to pamper you!

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, TheHatedOne, Journeytoletgo and 15 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
basically i, even on this site i feel lost, imagine IRL, i only have two friends i made at school and they are so close to ctb

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: one.way.out, InterstateFlowers, LittleJem and 6 others
After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
I'll talk to you.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, LonelyDude15, enuff and 1 other person
Ren Elsie Jewelria

Ren Elsie Jewelria

I sneezed!
Aug 30, 2020
Guys, sorry, I know it's not fb, but look at your reaction score/ratio/likes. You guys are super popular online.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Meaninglesslife50, enuff and 2 others
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Even when I make friends online, they usually stop writing to me. And I'm not blaming them, I'm really not a fun person and I don't usually know what topics to talk about. Everyone ends up walking away from me. Sure a lot of people read this and think it's not important, but I just want it to end.

My life story.

What's your favorite tv show?

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, enuff, whywere and 1 other person
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Hi @Eren. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I know I've certainly felt that in my "real life" relationships. I'm not sure about the specifics of your online relationships, but I can say in my experience those have been a little different. I find that when your only connection is online, it's a little easier to fall "out of touch" with people. When you meet friends offline, it's usually because life situations bring you into proximity with one another and you keep engaging with them. I've had several online relationships that have dissipated not because of any ill will or falling out, but just because my real life situation changed or my online habits changed. Might that be a possibility in your case?

I've noticed your posts on SS and I think you've made quite a contribution to this community. I think that in itself is a reflection that your social skills surpass your self-assessment of them.

Thank you. I'm not sure if that's the cause, but it always happens to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, enuff, whywere and 1 other person
Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
I have this problem too.

• Hugs
Reactions: one.way.out, Élégie, enuff and 3 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, enuff, whywere and 1 other person
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
eso no es verdad...yo te hable por privado y me pareciste muy agradable.

thats not true, i sent you a pm and found you very pleasant

• Love
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
eso no es verdad...yo te hable por privado y me pareciste muy agradable.

thats not true, i sent you a pm and found you very pleasant

Gracias, aunque evidentemente no me refiero a ti.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere and MariV
C

Cocoon

Sep 27, 2020
I feel this! I've never really been able to keep friends. I was just always bullied, the two friends I ended up having in highschool became some of my worst abusers. I guess I'm lucky to have my partner and my one best friend now, but I have a lot of difficulty connecting to them and speaking my mind. Online is worse, I just don't have the energy to keep up with conversations and I even stopped writing/drawing. Loneliness everywhere, and not for a lack of trying for so many years. Now I just do not care for social stuff. Too much upkeep. But...there's a part of me that feels so sad for younger me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, one.way.out, quiet.rabbit and 5 others
S

Sir_nihilist

Sep 26, 2020
basically i, even on this site i feel lost, imagine IRL, i only have two friends i made at school and they are so close to ctb
You are one in a million haha.
PS I would want friends who are suicidal too. You can talk to them about stuff.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, enuff, deleted and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I like you. I'm just not super social either ❤️

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, InterstateFlowers, enuff and 2 others
DeadAimz

DeadAimz

Aug 21, 2018
feel free to message me anytime you want :) i have no friends and it'd always be nice to talk to somebody who also understands what each other is going through <3

• Love
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Im not sure, maybe two and a half Men

I like that one, may hate me for saying it; but I stopped watching once Ashton Kutcher replaced Charlie sheen.

My favorite is American Horror Story, although they're all really crappy.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Eren and whywere
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
Same. Although I am little bit better IRL but not nearly enough to make meaningful connections

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Eren and enuff
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
The lack of social skills is one of my reasons to ctb. I've always been treated like a weirdo because I'm quiet. I talk very little and that annoys some people.

Reactions: SuicideM4n, Journeytoletgo, one.way.out and 5 others
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
I think they think you are boring.if you want you can practice with me but i am very monotone.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
The lack of social skills is one of my reasons to ctb. I've always been treated like a weirdo because I'm quiet. I talk very little and that annoys some people.
That annoys people about me too. Why don't people like quiet people?

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Sprite_Geist, Eren and 2 others
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
That annoys people about me too. Why don't people like quiet people?
I don't know. But I'm the opposite. I hate people who talk too much.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, voidman, Eren and 2 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Just wanted to say no one will walk away from you on here. After all ,many of us would describe ourselves in the same way .People will always welcome your posts. We may be broken but we can still care.
And totally understand its important to you and the feeling of wanting it all to end.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Eren, enuff and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I think most topics just die out over time. It's not personal to anyone. You can always start a new one, and new conversation comes.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, enuff and Pharmaruined
LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
Feel free to talk to me anytime. We can make a communion of losers.

E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
yup, I can relate to that. i often say stupid offbeat offcolor offtopic and off-the-wall things, either out loud irl or in a forum like this. I feel awkward, stupid, embarrassed, and turned off so many times. I just stopped engaging with people because of it. I rarely go out anymore, I'm more than happy surfing the interwebs, programming and this place.

feel free to pm me if you want to talk about getting turned off

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and LonelyDude15
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Thank you all very much for your encouragement, really!

I understand you perfectly, it is one of the things that bothers me the most and one of my main reasons for ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, TimeToBiteTheDust and (deleted member)
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
I think they think you are boring.if you want you can practice with me but i am very monotone.

Yes, I also think the same, it is frustrating and sad, it also affects my self-esteem a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and (deleted member)
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
I like that one, may hate me for saying it; but I stopped watching once Ashton Kutcher replaced Charlie sheen.

My favorite is American Horror Story, although they're all really crappy.

I don't like him either since Ashton Kutcher appeared, Charlie is irreplaceable xd

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and (deleted member)
am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
Same here. My lack of social skills have made it really hard to get by in life. Most of the time I don't know what to say to people and that is why I speak so little. It is probably related to my schizophrenia.

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicideM4n, Journeytoletgo, sadworld and 3 others