kovkay

kovkay

Experienced
Jun 29, 2020
I feel kinda weird around men. I think part of it stems from my workaholic/alcoholic dad who was mostly absent throughout my childhood. I have troubles talking to guys, often getting shy. I have troubles asking for help from male instructors, or peers. There was a period of time I had to drink to have normal conversations with men. I don't have anything against them though, I don't think men are trash. I just have troubles interacting with them.

So I wanted to hear other people's attitude. Do you feel more comfortable around people of your own gender or the opposite?

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Luchs, FinalDestination and 3 others
T

Tiredofhurting

Feb 26, 2021
Just depends I guess. I can be shy with women to just depends on the setting.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I'm more comfortable around women, honestly. I'm a straight male, but the energy most men put off disgusts me.
All the macho bravado dick waving bullshit.

• Love
Reactions: Celerity, lobster salad, NeverSatisfied and 5 others
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I'm scared of most men (outside the internet), can't seem to shake it of.
There are a few exceptions of course - whenever I get to know someone better and don't feel like they're a threat anymore but generally speaking I feel more comfortable around women.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf, Dr Iron Arc and DocNo
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I have an opposite problem. I am okay with men, but I get really shy around other females. Especially attractive ones. Although, I suppose there are certain reasons why my situation is inverted.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: faex42, Celerity, virginiawoolf and 3 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I tend to be way more comfortable around women than men, although most of the men I am comfortable with are my friends and/or fellow subalpha males like myself.

The only time I get uncomfortable around women is when I feel attracted to them, they feel attracted to me, or I pick up some kind of vibe that they could be attracted to me but I don't act on it because I don't like them back like that. That's when things get excruciatingly awkward and I start panicking all the time whenever I even think of being around them.

Reactions: Panna
LittleBabyNothing

LittleBabyNothing

Suffering Autointoxification
Nov 22, 2020
i just feel uncomfortable around all people

Reactions: GrumpyFrog, notsure04, kovkay and 7 others
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
Well, considering I haven't met with anyone by myself in well over a decade, I wouldn't really know either way. I think I'd be more comfortable with women, but that's only a guess. Everything has its drawbacks. If I was around a bunch of rowdy guys that would only stress me the hell out, but I guess someone around the same wavelength as me would be alright. Even then, issues of anxiety would probably still crop up to such a point that I'd rather remain isolated.

In a similar way, if I found myself around a woman my age, or younger, then this would, in all likelihood, only make me feel nervous. Even moreso if she were attractive, which would only compound the situation to such a degree that I couldn't really feel comfortable. But again, if we had a lot in common and things didn't get weird, then maybe it'd be alright. It's probably because of the close relationship I have with my mom, but, overall, I guess I'd just feel safer talking/interacting with a woman instead of a man, assuming I had to pick between the two.

At the end of the day, I feel it's true that there are certain topics you can only really talk about candidly with a particular kind of person, regardless of whatever their gender is. It's also true that, for me, I can't really feel comfortable period, unless I happen to already know them. Which itself is a bit of a pickle, since if I'm too anxious to start the process of getting to know anyone, then I'll never reach such a point where I'd actually feel comfortable, leaving me in a predicament of permanent isolation.

Last edited:
Reactions: virginiawoolf and Belaya Noch
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
I find it easier to have deep conversations with my women friends than my guy friends.

Well except for right now I suppose haha. My social anxiety is making it difficult to talk to anyone about anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: NeverSatisfied
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
(I have a feeling most won't like my answer :ahhha: please keep in mind I don't mean everyone and its only from my personal experiences)

To start with I'm female.

I hate other females they are so annoying like nails on a chalk board.

I also hate males. Like a little fucking respect would be nice.

However, I get along best with males. And I do have a female friend or 2 but guys definitely have always had the higher ratio. It depends on the individual.

• Hugs
Reactions: TessB
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I've social anxiety so I fear being around any ppl but relatively speaking I'm more comfortable around my gender (male).

Reactions: Disappointered and lobster salad
Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I feel more comfortable talking with people from the LGTB community. It's where I most notice the "change" of mentality and way of seeing things.

• Love
Reactions: virginiawoolf, notsure04, kovkay and 1 other person
T

TessB

Warlock
Oct 13, 2020
I struggle with close relationships with women because being bisexual, I feel like when I get close with them and tell them stuff about me including my sexuality, it then feels like an issue to me.. like I start to worry if they think I'm coming on to them and also sometimes I do start to wonder if they could be bi-curious and want to give it a go.. sex becomes an issue. It clouds the friendship..Even my best female friend I used to think of in that way.
I get on with men well generally irl only because it feels like sex is on the table already, there is no confusion... I don't mean having sex with them.. but that a bantery flirty friendship comes naturally. I actually love men and find masculinity really interesting. I'd love to be a man for a week and know how it feels..

NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
I'm more comfortable around women, honestly. I'm a straight male, but the energy most men put off disgusts me.
All the macho bravado dick waving bullshit.
I seriously don't understand why society teaches men to act this way on purpose. Then meeting a full-grown man who hasn't reflected and try to grow/ grown out of it is nauseating.
I feel more comfortable talking with people from the LGTB community. It's where I most notice the "change" of mentality and way of seeing things.
This. It's like a community of just "be yourself" ...and they mean it. That's dope as hell.
I struggle with close relationships with women because being bisexual, I feel like when I get close with them and tell them stuff about me including my sexuality, it then feels like an issue to me.. like I start to worry if they think I'm coming on to them and also sometimes I do start to wonder if they could be bi-curious and want to give it a go.. sex becomes an issue. It clouds the friendship..Even my best female friend I used to think of in that way.
I get on with men well generally irl only because it feels like sex is on the table already, there is no confusion... I don't mean having sex with them.. but that a bantery flirty friendship comes naturally.
I do wish it was okay for women to have that kind of relationship and keep that shared womanly-understanding of boundaries. As a lesbian, just talking to other women I'm close with sometimes things start to feel weird if it gets too bantery/jokey and I'm aware I'm not the reason why. SERIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT MY TYPE LINDA YOU'VE SEEN ME HIT ON WOMEN AND KNOW I WOULD'VE GONE FOR IT BY NOW
...that may have gotten a pinch personal...sorry

• Love
Reactions: Lmd, kovkay and TessB
Nexey

Nexey

Student
Feb 18, 2021
I'm a nymphomaniac who pair bonds easily... Needless to say, I love men but it's difficult to understand where they're coming from emotionally. I often feel like I have to oppress my more succubus tendencies at first, so that they are less likely to see me as someone to just have "fun" with and abandon afterwards. That's the thing about men, you can't give them what they ultimately want right away, they often need a "chase" first for them to become attached. Frankly, it's annoying.

Reactions: virginiawoolf, notsure04 and kovkay
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
My relationship with both the same and the opposite gender is at 0

Reactions: FinalDestination
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Never talked one-on-one with a woman, really. Only via text online (lmfao), no idea what it's like (socializing in groups is complete trash and should be illegal, wait it kind of is in many places rn) since I would need to spend a few hours talking to one. Well, I have talked to first degree relatives that are women, but that doesn't count.

Reactions: Imaginos and Dr Iron Arc
throwaway2goawy

throwaway2goawy

Mar 7, 2021
I'm a bi guy. I struggle with men because I'm quite an emotional person but every man I've met hasn't been open at all with feelings and if I was it would turn awkward.

My best friends over the last few years have been women but each one has turned into some sort of relationship that has then ended, and it leaves me in a grieving process where that person I spoke to every day is no longer here. The last case of that happened in August and I've not got over it yet.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lofticries and kovkay
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
I'm asexual so I'm fine with both for the most part unless they are attracted to mine then I just find it really wierd.

Reactions: Skathon, Mentalmick and kovkay
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I'm male but I much prefer the company of women, always have done. My best pal when I was young was a girl. I don't feel comfortable or safe in the company of men.

Reactions: TessB and Good4Nothing
N

notsure04

Feb 1, 2021
I'm a nymphomaniac who pair bonds easily... Needless to say, I love men but it's difficult to understand where they're coming from emotionally. I often feel like I have to oppress my more succubus tendencies at first, so that they are less likely to see me as someone to just have "fun" with and abandon afterwards. That's the thing about men, you can't give them what they ultimately want right away, they often need a "chase" first for them to become attached. Frankly, it's annoying.
thats so true

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I feel more comfortable around men.
I love women but I find it really hard to have them as real life friends.
They're only my students, virtual friends or best case scenario I might date some girls a few times and that's it.
I dunno, it's as I felt some kind of pressure to look interesting and handsome all the time when I'm talking to women.
I guess it's my mom's fault because she has made me feel embarassed since I was a little boy.

When I'm with guys, even though they might be gay, everything feels so natural lol.

Anyway, I hope I can get some female friends someday!

Reactions: TessB
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I'm not sure if its ok because I usually don't feel comfortable talking about it but I don't care anymore. I tried expressing myself in other places like reddit but it was toxic experience.

Honestly I quit contacting humans long time ago and I'm fully aware how life is superficial. However, I'll answer based on how I always feel and its kind of complicated.

I was abused by men and women and my past relationships long time ago were bad and abusive. But I only feel comfortable with women.

I don't like men at all and I feel repulsed by them (both psychologically and physically). Sorry I don't mean anything bad or discriminatory but thats how it is specially how my experiences with them is almost always toxic even online. I don't like how they act and the masculinity stuff. I have anhedonia and other mental problems, their physical masculine qualities (like sound) and behaviors could easily make me anhedonic instantly. That being said, I had male friends and can listen to male singers and metal, etc so there are exceptions.

I feel way comfortable with women but its complicated. Of course they could give me brain chemicals and the feminine qualities are very comfortable to the brain (its like reducing brain heat and friction).

The attraction and comfortability isn't only because of mental problems. Actually I could be completely anhedonic and still prefer to be with women. Its more complicated than that. I've always felt comfortable with women and girls.

The thing is I'm like "double attracted" to women or very gynephilic. I know it sounds weird. I reverse roles and switch between them, its not a kink or necessarily sexual but like a complete different mode. Its like a woman has two versions (attraction and reverse attraction). Also its possible to share same role (4 possibilities and not only 2, like two feminine roles).

I have no problem with being male. But if I like or love a woman I don't mind transforming magically to a woman and be lesbian with her when she wants. I can be masculine or feminine (only for close women).

I don't know, its kind of fun and lovely but thats only theoretical. Practically humans sucks and I already don't interact with humans so it would be awkward. Also I'm already aging and I don't care about this life anymore. Though I think N with a woman I love would be a very nice ending.

Sorry if this offended anyone

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, lofticries, Good4Nothing and 2 others
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I'm not sure if its ok because I usually don't feel comfortable talking about it but I don't care anymore. I tried expressing myself in other places like reddit but it was toxic experience.

Honestly I quit contacting humans long time ago and I'm fully aware how life is superficial. However, I'll answer based on how I always feel and its kind of complicated.

I was abused by men and women and my past relationships long time ago were bad and abusive. But I only feel comfortable with women.

I don't like men at all and I feel repulsed by them (both psychologically and physically). Sorry I don't mean anything bad or discriminatory but thats how it is specially how my experiences with them is almost always toxic even online. I don't like how they act and the masculinity stuff. I have anhedonia and other mental problems, their physical masculine qualities (like sound) and behaviors could easily make me anhedonic instantly. That being said, I had male friends and can listen to male singers and metal, etc so there are exceptions.

I feel way comfortable with women but its complicated. Of course they could give me brain chemicals and the feminine qualities are very comfortable to the brain (its like reducing brain heat and friction).

The attraction and comfortability isn't only because of mental problems. Actually I could be completely anhedonic and still prefer to be with women. Its more complicated than that. I've always felt comfortable with women and girls.

The thing is I'm like "double attracted" to women or very gynephilic. I know it sounds weird. I reverse roles and switch between them, its not a kink or necessarily sexual but like a complete different mode. Its like a woman has two versions (attraction and reverse attraction). Also its possible to share same role (4 possibilities and not only 2, like two feminine roles).

I have no problem with being male. But if I like or love a woman I don't mind transforming magically to a woman and be lesbian with her when she wants. I can be masculine or feminine (only for close women).

I don't know, its kind of fun and lovely but thats only theoretical. Practically humans sucks and I already don't interact with humans so it would be awkward. Also I'm already aging and I don't care about this life anymore. Though I think N with a woman I love would be a very nice ending.

Sorry if this offended anyone
You haven't offended anyone. And if you have I will obliterate them.

• Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Life sucks, TessB and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
You haven't offended anyone. And if you have I will obliterate them.
I am offended, it's time for us to see who is the strongest joker on the forum.

• Yay!
Reactions: Makko and Mentalmick
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I feel more comfortable around women than men, none of their likes have ever went well with my own, even though ironically I've never had rl woman friends, just from what I've seen while walking and watching. Guys (especially the jock types) are just too loud, and too tiring to be around.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
In high school I liked being with girls more because they were sweeter, but once I finished I barely had contact with women and now I usually get nervous with them. With men I feel calmer.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lmd and Dr Iron Arc