Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Luckily I only drink at home alone so none of the latter affects me lmao

But jokes aside I agree and I wish life never gave me a reason to even try that shit in the first place
Drinking is affecting me when I am online. I don't remember everything I type, judgement is worse, and my comments are more intrusive. I apologize to everyone who have been offended.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zaya and Praestat_Mori
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
Cheap? That's gonna do it (me when I'm a student but still alcoholic lol)
But to asnwer the question that's wine and vodka. One, the other or in combination. Depends on the day. It sucks that you get tolerant to this shit

Reactions: Homo erectus
Zaya

Zaya

dead dreams, false hopes
May 3, 2023
Drinking is affecting me when I am online. I don't remember everything I type, judgement is worse, and my comments are more intrusive. I apologize to everyone who have been offended.
Same for me, I get way to talkative and tend to start oversharing which makes me cringe when I re-read it the next day..

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Same for me, I get way to talkative and tend to start oversharing which makes me cringe when I re-read it the next day..
I am not even brave enough to reread my messages. I hope they are never read. Sometime I think being ignored is perhaps not the worst thing.

Reactions: Zaya
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Alcohol is pro-life, because of beer googles. Alcohol is probably one of the worse mind-altering substances to put into the body, because it is highly additive, and a major cause of fighting and road accidents.
A lot of that stuff you can do if you're sober. You can abuse alcohol, but you can also use it. You can have a couple drinks and feel good. And enjoy the moment more. There's something to it. But it's really a matter of your own personality and discipline. You gotta figure out who you are.

alcohol, if you're meeting clients for a business lunch not only is drinking okay its probably encouraged. The same thing if you're meeting clients potential clients on a Friday night going out for a couple drinks. The alcohol will actually help you close the deal. Now look I think it's better if you don't drink. 🚱

There's really not much reason to drink it in my opinion. It's just bad for you. Caffeine not so much. That one I'm a little more open. One of the most successful guys I know doesn't drink. He's just like if I drink it makes me less sharp and off my game and its a fact. And he went on to make millions and millions of dollars. And I'm not saying to be, whatever... sober, I think a glass of wine every now and then is fine. But I just don't see any reason to get drunk. And I think not drinking is a sign of discipline especially in this day and age.

I quit alcohol completely even in foods for 6 years just as an experiment. I was never addicted or anything. Just experimenting.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, sserafim, Dliena and 1 other person
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
A lot of that stuff you can do if you're sober. You can abuse alcohol, but you can also use it. You can have a couple drinks and feel good. And enjoy the moment more. There's something to it. But it's really a matter of your own personality and discipline. You gotta figure out who you are.

alcohol, if you're meeting clients for a business lunch not only is drinking okay its probably encouraged. The same thing if you're meeting clients potential clients on a Friday night going out for a couple drinks. The alcohol will actually help you close the deal. Now look I think it's better if you don't drink. 🚱

There's really not much reason to drink it in my opinion. It's just bad for you. Caffeine not so much. That one I'm a little more open. One of the most successful guys I know doesn't drink. He's just like if I drink it makes me less sharp and off my game and its a fact. And he went on to make millions and millions of dollars. And I'm not saying to be, whatever... sober, I think a glass of wine every now and then is fine. But I just don't see any reason to get drunk. And I think not drinking is a sign of discipline especially in this day and age.

I quit alcohol completely even in foods for 6 years just as an experiment. I was never addicted or anything. Just experimenting.
Yes, business is about personal trust. All the other rules are just foundation upon which personal relationship is built. Therefore, alcohol helps to seal a deal because it makes people appear more attractive to each other.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Alcohol is pro-life, because of beer googles. Alcohol is probably one of the worse mind-altering substances to put into the body, because it is highly additive, and a major cause of fighting and road accidents.
I agree. I heard that it completely changes your personality and people do things under the influence that they would never do while sober. I heard that there were different kinds of drunks: angry drunk, sad drunk, happy drunk, etc. This is why I don't drink. I don't want to consume a substance that completely alters myself and decision-making capabilities. When my crush offered me a sip of his beer and asked me to go to a bar with him, I said no. Maybe I should've taken him up on his offer though, who knows what would have happened…I'm scared of getting addicted to alcohol though. It seems highly addictive and dangerous, it's the most lethal legal drug.

I was forced to drink some alcohol in China (Moutai) because alcohol is present at social gatherings and is a big part of them, and I just pretended to sip it lol. I think some of it actually got into my mouth, but it didn't even taste good. Idk why people drink alcohol tbh. I guess it's because alcohol is the most normalized and ubiquitous drug, it's a part of culture. Drinking culture is prevalent all around the world because drinking is a social event. If you don't drink you'll be seen as weird or strange, and people will keep asking you why you don't drink. I just say that I'm allergic haha, but there's still pressure to drink.

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I agree. It completely changes your personality and people do things under the influence that they would never do while sober. I heard that there were different kinds of drunks: angry drunk, sad drunk, happy drunk, etc. This is why I don't drink. I don't want to consume a substance that completely alters myself and decision-making capabilities. When my crush offered me to drink his beer and go to a bar with me, I said no. I'm also scared of getting addicted to alcohol.
It depends greatly on how much you consume at one time. One drink will liven your mood. Six is another story. Some people just can't handle their liquor and limit themselves to one or two for the week.

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It depends greatly on how much you consume at one time. One drink will liven your mood. Six is another story. Some people just can't handle their liquor and limit themselves to one or two for the week.
I don't want to consume any inhibitory or mind-altering substances though. I heard that hangovers are from the alcohol literally killing off your brain cells. Also, it doesn't even taste good (to me). I'm more of a caffeine person haha

Last edited:
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I don't want to consume any inhibitory or mind-altering substances though. I heard that hangovers are from the alcohol literally killing off your brain cells. Also, it doesn't even taste good (to me). I'm more of a caffeine person haha
Hangover occur from over drinking. 50% of them are caused by dehydration.

Excessive alcohol consumption can have negative effects on brain function and health, including impairing cognitive abilities, but it's not accurate to say that a hangover directly kills brain cells. However, chronic alcohol abuse can lead to neurodegeneration over time.

• Informative
Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
If I'm at a bar, Sex on the Beach. If I'm at home, a nice bottle of Lambic.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

I haven't touched alcohol for what? 5 years or so? Not because of any previous problems or addictions or anything like thar. Just to experiment and also because someone successful I look up to and admire did that. But I'd rather drink in the woods or on a nice beach somewhere tropical where there's less people. Like enjoying a couple drinks on the beach with some friends. I'd rarely drink at home alone. Just sometimes after I've had a long day and I want to be with my thoughts. Or some wine with a meal sometimes like especially with fish. Not getting drunk, just a drink or two. I've been on both sides, I partied a lot and went to a lot of nightclubs when I lived in Vietnam and I was on the opposite side when I lived with the Amish for 2 1/2 years.

Brewing beer is fun. My friend just made his own meed, I'd like to try doing that. I'm gonna try making my own wine on my hobby farm sometime.

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
Not getting drunk, just a drink or two.
i have no idea how you'd stop at 2 drinks. for some i think they really should but i'm generally a happy drunk. i don't get angry for no reason while drunk but have to be mindful of gout which i am prone to. i have no idea how i never got dwi. that was stupid of me but no worries, i won't ever drink and drive again

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
i have no idea how you'd stop at 2 drinks. for some i think they really should but i'm generally a happy drunk. i don't get angry for no reason while drunk but have to be mindful of gout which i am prone to. i have no idea how i never got dwi. that was stupid of me but no worries, i won't ever drink and drive again
I'm glad to hear that last part. I enjoyed drinking a lot when I was young and I went to parties and nightclubs and stuff. But I learned my limits and how to be responsible. When I did get drunk I was always just very happy and friendly. I always preferred pot and psychedelics over alcohol, personally. I think it can be fun but after having a moratorium on drinking, it's just amazing watching people ruffy themselves and how the conversations deteriorate haha. I don't hate it, I think it's a blessing to be enjoyed in moderation and if people get drunk and are reasonably responsible (to society) then thats great, too. No hate.

Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
Whisky,gin and lager.

C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
Whisky. Though beer/cider if with others needing to be more socially acceptable! Generally prefer spirits to minimise impact of calories.

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
Many cultures have an anise flavored liqueur but this arak is famous because it's sugar-free. It's from Lebanon 🇱🇧.
Arak is fucking perfect, especially with bbq or fish

Reactions: Homo erectus and narval
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
Special beers, preferably Imperial Stout or the likes. But I don't shy away from Port, full-bodied wines and Whiskey either. I favour to savour the flavour so I tend to drink slowly, taking simps.

falling_snow

falling_snow

Arcanist
Aug 9, 2023
bacardi with lemon (and ice!) no alcohol taste and it tastes like juice. mmm juice. but it makes me hot.

Reactions: Homo erectus and narval