• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
A mum left wheelchair-bound for life after falling from a 40ft building in an attempted suicide bid said the tragedy is what made her turn her life around.

Emma Mullen suffered a mental breakdown in 2009 and fell into a deep depression.

The 30 year-old said she attempted to take her own life on a number of ocassions.

And in August of 2010, in the depths of her mental illness, she climbed to the third floor of a building - ready to jump.

However, in her final moments Emma said she thought of her 12-year-old son and decided against taking her own life.

Tragically, when climbing back to safety, Emma slipped and fell 40ft down - shattering her spine in the process - but miraculously she survived.

The mum-of-one said: "I had no feeling from my waist down. I was on a permanent catheter and couldn't do anything for myself.

"If I had walked away and not fallen, I would still be depressed and suicidal, or I could have died and at 40ft and three storeys high I should have been dead.

She said: "Once you are at the bottom there is no other way but up.

"Suicide is a cry for help, it is someone saying 'look I am here, please help me'.

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
The recommended height is 10 story's or more. I saw someone fall from this height accidentally and it resulted in instant death, no scream ,just an echoing sound,that sounded like a metal folding chair being smacked on the ground as hard as you could slam it.

agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
I agree, when I was into "jumping", I've had estabilished the minimum as 10-11story and I was actively searching for a 15 one building for good measure, there aren't many of them around here.
I'll say never under 100ft if you're serious.

Reactions: Salvacion
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
"Suicide is a cry for help, it is someone saying 'look I am here, please help me'.

That doesn't make sense, once your dead it's gameover.

It's obvious that she just phrased it wrong. She meant "A suicide attempt". And for very many, that's true - especially those who attempt to overdose on pills, which has little real chance of working.

I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I would love to drop off the Golden Gate Bridge. Sucks that they put up the barricades now. People who have survived say they immediately regretted their action, but I would be ecstatic. I would get to be flying and feel complete freedom even for just a few seconds.

Reactions: Vvoiid