Now_And_Then

Now_And_Then

If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
I am really heavily depressed , confused and have no feeling for how society is . My mind is also extremely messed up to the point of no return . I do not even know what is wrong with me , but I do know what is wrong with the world

I rarely smile because of that

But I was told by one aggressive person in his late 50's , a few years ago , that I need to change my attitude to life { after I tried to stick up for a lady he was yelling at }

He was referring to me being solemn and depressed in general { it had nothing to do with his argument with the lady , but because I tried to stop him yelling at her , he brought my depression up }

I knew him through another friend

What the hell did he mean ?

Was I being told to start agreeing with all the nastiness that happens in the world ? Was I being ordered to accept life and particpate in it ?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: justsad&done, demuic, Kat! and 3 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
When life changes it's attitude towards me, I'll change my attitude towards life.
Until then, life can fuck right off.

• Love
Reactions: Barracuda91, Superdeterminist, justsad&done and 7 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Pro lifers will always say that's our attitude that creates depression, if only it was so simple.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Superdeterminist, demuic and 1 other person
I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
I normally feel incapable of changing my atittude towards life, on the rare occasions that I've felt hopeful or optimistic about turning my life around it had nothing to do with me taking action to change my attitude, it just spontaneously happened.

Reactions: justsad&done, demuic, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019

"You need to change your attitude to life ' is a remark that bothers me"​

Ohhhh, this kind of statement really irks me as well.

How very seemingly arrogant and condescending.

This statement to me is a cop out; a verbal pat on the back when I am metaphorically bleeding my guts out all over the floor.

Until they have walked in my shoes, they are welcome to take that statement and stuff it.

Sighs... I would hope that a statement like this is their poor attempt at trying to help, as granted they probably have no clue how hard life is for some of us. But frankly, to me, it would be better if they had said nothing at all.

(Apologies - minor rant here)

Reactions: Superdeterminist, Good4Nothing, justsad&done and 2 others
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
100% agree. It's a ridiculously rude statement. As if we are choosing these feelings.
It's like my well-meaning but clueless mom telling me that "time heals all wounds" and "just try to smile more and you'll feel better." No!

Reactions: Superdeterminist and demuic

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
The remark comes from those who do relatively better in life, I presume? Or at least that's how it is for me.

Supposedly I have a healthy thyroid gland. Does that mean I always know better how it works, how to make it healthy and how to keep it that way, than those who have thyroid gland disorders or diseases? Having it better in a certain aspect of life doesn't necessarily make one more knowledgeable on this aspect, nor one's arguments valid toward those who have it worse.

Reactions: megafire, Good4Nothing and Superdeterminist