DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I'm not sure how many of you ever been told this. But honestly, every time I hear this, I feel like I'm about to go berserk. My life began 23 fucking years ago. And in those 23 years, I've seen and experienced all I need to know what comes out of life, between seeing and witnessing bullying, racial discrimination, rejections and a bunch of other shit. I do not care on how much more there is to living. I think about it every day, the possible relationships I could have, wealth, security, and whatever else there is that life might have to offer. But the thing is... I honestly do not care for any of those anymore. None of that shit matters to me. Not anymore. And I hate taking gambles; especially when there's little to no chance I'll ever win or gain anything from it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ecmnesia, Metalhead, demuic and 19 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Anybody who successfully hunts a life-long partner has done so by that age, so yeah. The rest is work and die in isolation in the best case scenerio.

If you find someone, they will be secretly rubbing one off thinking of their teenage 'love' and treat you as a temp file of unknown extension.

• Aww..
Reactions: AutoTap, OopsIdidntwanttodie, Silvermorning and 4 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I don't understand how there are people that enjoy living like that.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ecmnesia, demuic and 2 others
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I said the same at 23.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I've been told something similar in meaning, mostly from much older people. It felt dismissive, and invalidating of my own experience, my judgement, and capacity for rational thought.

I don't understand how there are people that enjoy living like that.
Maybe their living is different enough. It can be hard to understand how it's like to play as a warlock when the only class you've ever played is rogue. Or insert any two different classes, I don't know.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and sadworld
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I'm a year younger than you and have been told that constantly. If I'd managed to develop in the way most have by my age, or at least had any evidence that I could eventually I'd probably aggree with them to an extent, but because I haven't it feels like their trying to sell me their lives, not my future.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and woxihuanni
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I've been told something similar in meaning, mostly from much older people. It felt dismissive, and invalidating of my own experience, my judgement, and capacity for rational thought.
Yeah, see? It felt like exactly that. I honestly wanted to say "fuck you" every time! Like... just because you enjoy life and have things to live for, doesn't mean there's a guarantee I will.
I'm a year younger than you and have been told that constantly. If I'd managed to develop in the way most have by my age, or at least had any evidence that I could eventually I'd probably aggree with them to an extent, but because I haven't it feels like their trying to sell me their lives, not my future.
Pretty much how it is, they don't know about how my future will be, and even though I don't know either, I have just enough experience to imagine how things will be as my life goes on.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and MrBlue
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I'm 26 will be 27 next year,
my life by far is a total disaster,

I feel your pain.
In terms of having expected more enjoyable experiences to happen in life.

Detours sometimes,
Not very nice.

Last edited:
  • Love
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
I honestly do not care for any of those anymore. None of that shit matters to me. Not anymore

You make my suicidal thoughts dance in laughter

You are absolutely right, the values of a good life is just a facade. It's a fucking joke

• Love
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Yeh, they say your still young, have so much to experience still, so much to explore! Yeee no thanks

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and demuic
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I don't want to live life, that's the whole point.

Reactions: these_days9, DetachedDreamer97, ecmnesia and 1 other person