• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

V

V0latile

And God decreed, “Coronavirus spread forth!”
Sep 24, 2019
I hear it can work stabilize a person.

Reactions: Woodnote and Susannah
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Personally, I just don't understand the concept of meditation. I don't understand it to the point it makes me angry. I subbed to /r/meditation and everyday people are like "I had a great sit today", or " meditation changed my life" or "15 minute sessions are hard". What the fuck do these people mean? I can sit on a pillow, with my legs crossed and stare at the wall for hours and it doesn't change anything. Throughout the day I can stare off into the void and not think about anything. "Just be mindful, they say." Ok throw some more buzz words at me why don't you. Maybe I'm too stupid to grasp it.

Reactions: azucaramargo, ithappens, End Piece and 3 others
V

V0latile

Sep 24, 2019
Personally, I just don't understand the concept of meditation. I don't understand it to the point it makes me angry. I subbed to /r/meditation and everyday people are like "I had a great sit today", or " meditation changed my life" or "15 minute sessions are hard". What the fuck do these people mean? I can sit on a pillow, with my legs crossed and stare at the wall for hours and it doesn't change anything. Throughout the day I can stare off into the void and not think about anything. "Just be mindful, they say." Ok throw some more buzz words at me why don't you. Maybe I'm too stupid to grasp it.
Do a guided meditation first. I recommend this one. It's 10 min. Their whole channel is great. Too many choices for me though, so it stresses me out looking at the selection.

Reactions: Susannah and Throwawaysoul
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
Yes:-)
I never tried nor believed in meditation (or Yoga, Qigong) before I got injured. Thought it was just a hype and very trendy eastern bullshit. But it definately works if you give it a chance, and you have to practice (boring of course), I would say at least twice a week. It's all about breathing, fill your whole body with fresh air, through your nose, and exhale all the useless "toxic" in your body.

I got a 20 min meditation guide from my pain therapists 2y ago, and I still listen to it. It reminds me of how important it is to breathe correct, and also how to relax muscles.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Morphinekiss and Throwawaysoul
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Yes:-)
I never tried nor believed in meditation (or Yoga, Qigong) before I got injured.

Yoga and stretching I completely grasp and understand. While I don't practice yoga, I do feel great after a good normal stretch. I can just imagine how my body would feel stretching parts that haven't stretched before and using muscles that have been inactive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Susannah
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
Do a guided meditation first. I recommend this one. It's 10 min. Their whole channel is great. Too many choices for me though, so it stresses me out looking at the selection.

I'm subscribed to that YouTube channel. I think their videos are great. I love guided meditations. But meditation without them just stresses me out. I can't get myself to focus. It helps for me to listen to something.

Reactions: Susannah and Throwawaysoul
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
om om om.
It feels good only on that moment.
After that life sucks again.:sick:

Reactions: Tegan_sky, Susannah and Throwawaysoul
W

wuumb

Sep 19, 2019
Instead of sitting still, active meditation can be very good. This one is:

And there is one in this video:

(Visualizing your heartbeat is coming from the earths core)
Narf, always have the thought, that sharing these kind of messages from sources of metaphysical origin might interfere with a person's soul's plan to have a non-spiritual experience on earth, but i guess it is all part of the effing orchestration, yo.
But every activity you enjoy can be meditative. Cutting wood, folding paper, cooking. Just something where you are in the flow and can forget the past or future and just be in the moment (which is the only thing there is, because your consciousness shifts from parallel reality to parallel reality billions of times per second, every reality is a still snapshot and you create the illusion of continuity by making connections to similar realities, you literally die that many times are really a new person, you can define yourself anew every moment (which is only a new perspective on the same moment of creation)).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
My meditation was driving on the motorway.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Susannah and Throwawaysoul
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I recently joined a meditation group and yeah, I found that it helps. It's kind of like therapy though in the sense that you might have to try a few things to find what works for you.

My group is a Sahaja yoga group and I like it because they're not trying to impose any kind of specific religion on you or anything like that. It's more about just being with the group of people and trying to be in the moment and try to clean out negative energy.

I don't how real that stuff is obviously and it hasn't worked when I try to do it by myself at home or anything. But it does help some when I'm in the group.

Reactions: azucaramargo and Susannah
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
om om om.
It feels good only on that moment.
After that life sucks again.:sick:

However I think we are in a situation where we should appreciate every moment of peace. Even if it only lasts a few minutes.

Reactions: puppy9, Sensei and Susannah
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Meditation helped me for many years. I found zen buddhism, meditated on a daily basis, and learned to relax and live in the moment. It took me a while to understand how meditation really works and I guess that goes for everyone. I think the trick is to just sit, breathe and expect nothing, and then peace and insight will follow eventually.

Now I feel really inspired to meditate, something I haven't done for a long time. Thanks for starting this thread and reminding me of meditation. :)

Reactions: Susannah, V0latile and Temporarilyabsurd
F

Frank

Aug 22, 2019
It got ruined for me because they pushed it on me during my stays in psych wards. After almost a year of a mandatory 1h session I don't think I could ever do it again.

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I've been warming to meditation lately.
Spammed Tara Brach here on another thread ... the non-practicing newly converted zealot ...
( an old habit of commitment phobia . )

I like the neuro science and buddhism connection ... the " you can make new connections in your brain " idea .

Just the other day I tried to think " Loving Kindness" ... the thing with that was , for years i was such a
negative nancy ( via my own logic and a childhood of negativity ) that the idea of Loving Kindness was almost taboo or heresy .

Living without that warm self regard was my path .

It still feels awkward and some how just not right .

Essentially , i have , at this stage , decided I can go with the good vibes ( however much that flies in the face of 'the natural ( dog eat dog ) order because it is just a nicer way to be .

I have a lot of trouble attributing any Universal Truth to 'good vibes' as nature just seems indifferently cruel ... but that being said , we as humans can 'choose' to focus on goodness and compassion , and that might be as good at it gets .

( had a six month stab at meditation - it did help , must must must get into it again ... )

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Can't stand the thing. The only useful meditation is physical, pure animal, turn your mind off intimacy. And some idiots throw it away for whatever else.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sunset Limited, ImsooDone1N and Susannah
V

V0latile

Sep 24, 2019
Instead of sitting still, active meditation can be very good. This one is:

And there is one in this video:

(Visualizing your heartbeat is coming from the earths core)
Narf, always have the thought, that sharing these kind of messages from sources of metaphysical origin might interfere with a person's soul's plan to have a non-spiritual experience on earth, but i guess it is all part of the effing orchestration, yo.
But every activity you enjoy can be meditative. Cutting wood, folding paper, cooking. Just something where you are in the flow and can forget the past or future and just be in the moment (which is the only thing there is, because your consciousness shifts from parallel reality to parallel reality billions of times per second, every reality is a still snapshot and you create the illusion of continuity by making connections to similar realities, you literally die that many times are really a new person, you can define yourself anew every moment (which is only a new perspective on the same moment of creation)).

You're making a lot of claims, but I'm not seeing any evidence.
Can't stand the thing. The only useful meditation is physical, pure animal, turn your mind off intimacy. And some idiots throw it away for whatever else.
Sex doesn't interest me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Susannah and wuumb
W

wuumb

Sep 19, 2019
You're making a lot of claims, but I'm not seeing any evidence.
I wanted to avoid anything that is near of having an argument and trying to convince etc. etc., but here:
Our current concept of "evidence" is not compatible with the true reality. It only applies to human's shallow construct of infinite creation and its uninformed misunderstanding of the underlying, 'low-level' mechanisms.
Most information i presented you i got from the extra terrestrial hybrid who calls himself Bashar. Since 1984 he comes through Darryl Anka in a channeled manner, talks to us and answers questions.
I listened to his teachings and the experiences of others and had my own results from doing particular practices.
How do you define evidence?
Occurrences that can be reproduced? If it is relevant for you to experience this, you are able to.
Multiple unconnected people sharing similar things? All over the place.
Stuff that is produced with the help of machines to counter the fallible human form? ITC.
You have to look for evidence, i have given you a map. It's all there.
If you really really really have all distrust in this world for this, then it is not for you to know it. Instruction from you higher self.
And there is propably mohre tu säy to play the endless "I'm not convinced until Brad Pitt talks about it on Oprah"-game, but Jack became a dull boy.

Last edited:
V

V0latile

Sep 24, 2019
I wanted to avoid anything that is near of having an argument and trying to convince etc. etc., but here:
Our current concept of "evidence" is not compatible with the true reality. It only applies to human's shallow construct of infinite creation and its uninformed misunderstanding of the underlying, 'low-level' mechanisms.
Most information i presented you i got from the extra terrestrial hybrid who calls himself Bashar. Since 1984 he comes through Darryl Anka in a channeled manner, talks to us and answers questions.
I listened to his teachings and the experiences of others and had my own results from doing particular practices.
How do you define evidence?
Occurrences that can be reproduced? If it is relevant for you to experience this, you are able to.
Multiple unconnected people sharing similar things? All over the place.
Stuff that is produced with the help of machines to counter the fallible human form? ITC.
You have to look for evidence, i have given you a map. It's all there.
If you really really really have all distrust in this world for this, then it is not for you to know it. Instruction from you higher self.
And there is propably mohre tu säy to play the endless "I'm not convinced until Brad Pitt talks about it on Oprah"-game, but Jack became a dull boy.
"Most information i presented you i got from the extra terrestrial hybrid who calls himself Bashar. Since 1984 he comes through Darryl Anka in a channeled manner, talks to us and answers questions."

I stopped reading there. Wow.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo, wuumb and Susannah
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I personally think the secular version ( 'waking up' by Sam Harris ) of meditation offers some 'objective' helpful
opinions ...

I listened to that audio book and like it .

I am flirting with the 'loving kindness ' mantra kind of thing as an addition to a past 'neutral' breath focused
meditation I practiced for a while .

The woo woo associations with meditation can be very alienating .

I was damaged by religion as a child so it took a while , and a secular modeling of the benefits of meditation , to give it a try .

edit to add : I am so anti-institutional , that I can't believe used the word 'practice' - like fuck I practiced ! pffffft .

Also the word 'teachings' just sears my fundamentalized nerves .. but that'smy own dirt .

It's difficult to entertain ideas that seem conservatively traditional for me .

Last edited:
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
It got ruined for me because they pushed it on me during my stays in psych wards. After almost a year of a mandatory 1h session I don't think I could ever do it again.
Everytime I hear about people being forced into doing things at the psych ward, I get so angry. You have my deepest sympathy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Tegan_sky and Frank
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I personally think the secular version ( 'waking up' by Sam Harris ) of meditation offers some 'objective' helpful
opinions ...

Agreed. That's why I've only practiced Zen Buddhist meditation, zazen. Pure Zen Buddhism is a philosophy and an attitude to life, not a religion or a belief. That's why it's not a contradiction that the die-hard atheist Sam Harris is interested in Zen Buddhism and the Jesuit priest Robert Kennedy actually is a Zen buddhist.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Temporarilyabsurd
W

wuumb

Sep 19, 2019
Also Binaural Beats can be helpful in achieving meditation-states.
Remote viewer Joseph McMoneagle worked together with Robert Monroe to get to gamma or delta state, increase these brain waves inside the head.
Monks who practiced meditation for years were surprised that participants of some experiments get into such deep meditation states in just some weeks which they needed decades for.
Don't necessarily use these youtube vids rather use sbagen and gnaural:
You can get the Gateway Experience freely from the web in some corners.

Mr. Monroe told Mr. McMoneagle after a while, that he doesn't need the sound anymore, because he can remember it and produce the state on his own.

Also this:

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
If your intention is to learn meditation, then I would suggest the video below.

In my opinion, Barry Long is the greatest spiritual teacher....

ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Having been suggested this many times due to my anxiety & stress... you'd think I would have given it a go.. but it's so much easier to smoke a bowl or something. But it must have some value to
Certain people. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime... however I've low to no expectations. I would love to have an off switch though.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, azucaramargo and Weeping Garbage Can
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Having been suggested this many times due to my anxiety & stress... you'd think I would have given it a go.. but it's so much easier to smoke a bowl or something.

What can be easier than sit, breathe and count your breaths? That's how you start. The rest comes later.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I'll give it a go. Idk, hard to quiet that voice inside my head telling me "your worthless so why even try?" And other things like that. But I really will give it a genuine chance.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'll give it a go. Idk, hard to quiet that voice inside my head telling me "your worthless so why even try?" And other things like that. But I really will give it a genuine chance.

Won't cost you a dime to try it. :wink:

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
What the fuck do these people mean?
Hahahahahahahahaha! That's me, too.
Definitely with you on this. I found some article once -- no, I don't remember where or by whom -- that suggested that meditation -- or maybe it was journaling -- was NOT in fact helpful for EVERYONE. Many of us struggle with disordered thought patterns and flawed reasoning and distorted images of ourselves, and we need another person on the outside helping us to see things differently. That's what the info in this article suggested, anyway.
I recently joined a meditation group and yeah, I found that it helps. It's kind of like therapy though in the sense that you might have to try a few things to find what works for you.

My group is a Sahaja yoga group and I like it because they're not trying to impose any kind of specific religion on you or anything like that. It's more about just being with the group of people and trying to be in the moment and try to clean out negative energy.

I don't how real that stuff is obviously and it hasn't worked when I try to do it by myself at home or anything. But it does help some when I'm in the group.
That is cool that you did this, JF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Throwawaysoul