TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I may be preaching to the choir with this, but this is something that has always bothered me time and time again. The general attitude towards others how they aren't entitled to anything, yet on the same token, not allowed to go in peace. In short, basically people who claim that no one owes one anything and that one should earn it or if they can't have it, then they didn't want it badly enough, didn't try hard enough, just unfortunate, but yet when it comes to wanting to die by suicide, everyone suddenly showers said person with platitudes such as how life is good, how life is worth it, how suicide is never the answer, death is always bad, etc. It really disgusts me how much society and people don't want to help the people who are suffering from whatever issue they are having, much less even shame and guilt them, but will NOT allow them a way out (via death, preferably death with dignity after chronic suffering). It baffles me how cruel society is and their attitudes towards things, "you aren't owed anything, but you aren't allowed to give up/quit!" It's like they want others to suffer and want to virtue signal, it's sickening.

Now onto my second point, which is about suicide itself, particularly rational suicide and the decision to do so after careful deliberation and planning (not impulsive or irrational). When it comes to LGBTQ rights, womens' rights, workers' rights, religious people's rights, free speech (especially on topics that aren't taboo or prohibited by society), and many other social movements, people push for those. If anyone violates those peoples'/groups' rights, society would very quickly and heavily shun, if not call them out and ostracize them. Yet, when it comes to one thing, a very personal decision, suicide, people suddenly do an entire 180 turn and immediately go against any right or choice of self deliverance or suicide (death on one's own terms). I used to be really shameful when I hurt someone's feelings or may have stepped on someone's rights (unintentionally), but now given how I see the world and the world at large, I don't feel as bad if I was an asshole to some people IRL (not that I go out of my way to make sure that I'm not an asshole or hurt someone's feelings, but if it happens, it happens).

So yeah in conclusion, those are my two points that really piss me off:
1) How society and people say one isn't owed anything and shames people for being entitled, yet would deny them the right and choice to suicide. They even go out of their way to make it so difficult that those who are serious about it not only have to keep quiet, go through lots of hoops and risk to acquire method, hope they don't fail, and finally wait for the right opening to go through (assuming their survival instinct or other variable didn't fuck up their attempt.).

2) How society respects and advocates for ALL other rights' and even condemns those who tread on those rights, but when it comes to right and choice to suicide, oh no we can't have that! How dare those people decide to end their suffering! Just criticize other groups or rights of other groups and one would find oneself quickly white knighted to oblivion and/or guilted/shamed, condemned (sometimes even attacked (physically) for it) by society.

I do apologize if I had already covered this somewhere, but this is really combining two points together about the ridiculousness of society and the hypocrisy itself. Does anyone relate to my reasoning or see things in the same (or similar) light?

• Love
Reactions: Reach, sadghost, all_pointless and 37 others
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
I really needed to read this...I laughed out loud at point #1..

Reactions: Trannydiary, TotallyIsolated, Wolfjob_dayjob and 2 others
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I may be preaching to the choir with this, but this is something that has always bothered me time and time again. The general attitude towards others how they aren't entitled to anything, yet on the same token, not allowed to go in peace. In short, basically people who claim that no one owes one anything and that one should earn it or if they can't have it, then they didn't want it badly enough, didn't try hard enough, just unfortunate, but yet when it comes to wanting to die by suicide, everyone suddenly showers said person with platitudes such as how life is good, how life is worth it, how suicide is never the answer, death is always bad, etc. It really disgusts me how much society and people don't want to help the people who are suffering from whatever issue they are having, much less even shame and guilt them, but will NOT allow them a way out (via death, preferably death with dignity after chronic suffering). It baffles me how cruel society is and their attitudes towards things, "you aren't owed anything, but you aren't allowed to give up/quit!" It's like they want others to suffer and want to virtue signal, it's sickening.

Now onto my second point, which is about suicide itself, particularly rational suicide and the decision to do so after careful deliberation and planning (not impulsive or irrational). When it comes to LGBTQ rights, womens' rights, workers' rights, religious people's rights, free speech (especially on topics that aren't taboo or prohibited by society), and many other social movements, people push for those. If anyone violates those peoples'/groups' rights, society would very quickly and heavily shun, if not call them out and ostracize them. Yet, when it comes to one thing, a very personal decision, suicide, people suddenly do an entire 180 turn and immediately go against any right or choice of self deliverance or suicide (death on one's own terms). I used to be really shameful when I hurt someone's feelings or may have stepped on someone's rights (unintentionally), but now given how I see the world and the world at large, I don't feel as bad if I was an asshole to some people IRL (not that I go out of my way to make sure that I'm not an asshole or hurt someone's feelings, but if it happens, it happens).

1) How society and people say one isn't owed anything and shames people for being entitled, yet would deny them the right and choice to suicide. They even go out of their way to make it so difficult that those who are serious about it not only have to keep quiet, go through lots of hoops and risk to acquire method, hope they don't fail, and finally wait for the right opening to go through (assuming their survival instinct or other variable didn't fuck up their attempt.).

2) How society respects and advocates for ALL other rights' and even condemns those who tread on those rights, but when it comes to right and choice to suicide, oh no we can't have that! How dare those people decide to end their suffering! Just criticize other groups or rights of other groups and one would find oneself quickly white knighted to oblivion and/or guilted/shamed, condemned (sometimes even attacked (physically) for it) by society.

I do apologize if I had already covered this somewhere, but this is really combining two points together about the ridiculousness of society and the hypocrisy itself. Does anyone relate to my reasoning or see things in the same (or similar) light?
I completely agree with your point about how people who want to end their lives after years and years of suffering, physical or mental, are always either put to shame, called selfish cowards, and are always told God put you here for a reason. I've suffered for 14 years with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome which is the highest ranking pain condition in medical history. It's one of the most inhumane conditions I've ever seen. To me it's worse than cancer because with cancer there is hope that you'll get better. And if you don't get better you can die and are put out of your misery. So many people that have CRPS have committed suicide. A very good friend of mine did and gave me the peace of mind of knowing that what she did is going to work. I think it's selfish of OTHER people to try and make us feel guilty about wanting to leave.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, casctb, Nemeshisu and 5 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

Yeah also don't forget how you cannot die because people will grieve, and how your write notes so that they have closure and it's not complex grief. Now think of the reddit crowd, screaming 'Nobody owes you closure' when somebody breaks a relationship without giving the other closure and the other suffers complex grief.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, casctb, Lonely Music and 4 others
R

RightToExit

Sep 25, 2019

I agree there are double standards. OTOH, I wouldn't want people to resolve it by destroying other rights also. Looking at history and some other countries, things can easily be even worse.

But you are right, this also annoys me to no end. What really makes me angry is when people reframe suicide as though we wanted active help from the government to kill ourselves, when in reality they suppress the free market with bans and restrictions, lock suicidal people up against their will, and so on. Then they reframe it as passive, to play on people's act-omission-bias ("No one can demand that other people help him kill himself!", "Doctors should not be demanded to end patient's lives!" etc.), when in reality it is active violence by the police that suppresses the free market for such options. In a truly free market, we wouldn't even need permission of a doctor to buy N.

Reactions: Trannydiary, Nemeshisu, Élégie and 3 others
cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
People may mean well but their thinking can be stupid. Since I have no family i had one person tell me to think about how the emts who will find my body will feel, lmfao... Bold of her to assume they'd actually give a fuck. People working in health care are actually some of the coldest most inconsiderate people you'll run into.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, VabeniPokojneTmy, disabledandhopeless and 9 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
"You are not owed/entitled to anything you have to work for it and if you don´t like it too bad you have to! Because suicide is wrong" This is society in a nutshell I am not entitled to get enough money to live a comfortable life (financially) but if I don´t want to work and think suicide is a better option opposed to slave my life away working 8 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life on something I have no passion for then too bad I have to.

I hate how it contradicts itself so much that we are not entitled to being financially secure and we are not allowed to kill ourselves we are literally forced by law to wageSLAVE. If anyone knows we are actively trying to kill ourselves because we don´t want to slave away our lives working a job we don´t like then we will be "involuntary committed (legal kidnapping by government) and when we are clear to be released we are forced to work again to survive.

Btw: I suffer from many problems my worst being physical problems but also horrible mental ones but even if most of those problems were cleared I still see no point in slaving away on a job I don´t like I even went down with depression 7 years ago at my first full time job after only 1½ month I just realized after 2 weeks that I had to get up at 5:30am 5 days a week working 10 hours a day 5 days a week and I would have to do this for the rest of my life I don´t know how regular people do this we aren´t talking a couple hours a day doing something we don´t like we are talking working 8-10 hours not included commuting till and from work and for what? Just to have 2 days to ourselves a week.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, jrums, Odd_Duck and 11 others
R

RightToExit

Sep 25, 2019
"You are not owed/entitled to anything you have to work for it and if you don´t like it too bad you have to! Because suicide is wrong" This is society in a nutshell I am not entitled to get enough money to live a comfortable life (financially) but if I don´t want to work and think suicide is a better option opposed to slave my life away working 8 hours a day 5 days a week for the rest of my life on something I have no passion for then too bad I have to.

Indeed. I have lost much respect for the "libertarian" movement when libertarians failed to support suicide rights. Some "libertarian" academics even attacked them, e.g. Alex Tabarrok. Since then, I have much less of a problem denying property rights to others, e.g. I use the welfare state here in Germany to the fullest extent, without feeling bad about it. I have ended my career and will never work again. I offered them a deal to forgo the welfare if I can legally buy N instead. They said no.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, Odd_Duck, casctb and 5 others
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I really don't understand the logic. I didn't ask to be born and I didn't ask for this life. Food, water, houses and everything else should just exist and be provided to us without any money, which shouldn't exist. I know I'm being dumb about this but I'd rather just kill myself than work a stupid job just to survive. What if I don't want to survive? I just want to drop dead already.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, sadghost, all_pointless and 6 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I really don't understand the logic. I didn't ask to be born and I didn't ask for this life. Food, water, houses and everything else should just exist and be provided to us without any money, which shouldn't exist. I know I'm being dumb about this but I'd rather just kill myself than work a stupid job just to survive. What if I don't want to survive? I just want to drop dead already.

The problem is that all those things are other people's work and they don't have to look after you. You should have the option to exit or contribute, and contribution should have a fair reward. But it is not realistic or fair to expect the world simply to baby anyone. Without the option to exit, and with the many flaws of all systems we have, what we have is slavery. That part is true.

Reactions: Trannydiary, Odd_Duck, Nemeshisu and 3 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I use the welfare state here in Germany to the fullest extent, without feeling bad about it. I have ended my career and will never work again. I offered them a deal to forgo the welfare if I can legally buy N instead. They said no.
I will do the same if I can get disability in Denmark, I actually can´t work because of a throat problem and social anxiety and also last time I went down with depression because the reality of adult "life" hit me too hard. But I never feel bad for getting money from the government all the money they have is money they have stolen from citizens with threat and intimidation and they waste so much money on all kinds of shit anyways so the money is better in my hands like the Danish government lost over 2 billion dollars over a few years and if I had just 2 million dollars I could live a comfortable life for the rest of my life and also if you see the prices of military equipment e.g. the Stinger missle cost 200.000$ just for one missile yet I am not entitled to have 1400$ a month to make my existence somewhat bearable.

Also since birth we are forced to obey thousands of laws and rules we never consented to like people can´t even grow certain plants without going to jail e.g. Cannabis, Physcedelic mushrooms etc so why should I feel bad to take money from them, again I actually can´t work but even if I could I wouldn´t feel bad at all for milking them for as much as I can get the government is run by elected dictators that force their will upon people without their consent in Denmark we aren´t even allowed to defend ourself if a person breaks into my apartment in the middle of the night and I shoot him I will go to jail.
You are not being dumb not at all I feel the exact same way, so what if I am weak, pathetic or not mature enough for my age it´s not my fault I was born without any consent into this flesh prison that feels impossible to escape from. I am indeed too weak for this world and if the government don´t wanna pay me money for a confortable life they should have an option to exit life peacefully from a economical point of view it would be cheaper from them too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trannydiary, all_pointless, Odd_Duck and 1 other person
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
The problem is that all those things are other people's work and they don't have to look after you. You should have the option to exit or contribute, and contribution should have a fair reward. But it is not realistic or fair to expect the world simply to baby anyone. Without the option to exit, and with the many flaws of all systems we have, what we have is slavery. That part is true.

I didn't mean it in the sense that others look after us. I just wish that the world was such that work wasn't needed. If there is a God, then He should have just made a world where everything is given to us. I know it doesn't make sense but I'm not sure how to even word it.

You are not being dumb not at all I feel the exact same way, so what if I am weak, pathetic or not mature enough for my age it´s not my fault I was born without any consent into this flesh prison that feels impossible to escape from. I am indeed too weak for this world and if the government don´t wanna pay me money for a confortable life they should have an option to exit life peacefully from a economical point of view it would be cheaper from them too.

Thank you for not finding it stupid, I am weak, pathetic and immature aswell. I get distressed when things don't go my way and I don't mean it in that way. It's like me wanting myself, my mother and father to just have a good life and be happy. I didn't get that and I get really upset when I think about it. I don't want people to think I meant it in the sense of refusing to compromise. I just get emotional on how life treats me. I sound childish and pathetic. A person like me shouldn't even be alive. You're right about that. The world and the government are just stupid.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Trannydiary, Odd_Duck, Dawn0071111 and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I didn't mean it in the sense that others look after us. I just wish that the world was such that work wasn't needed. If there is a God, then He should have just made a world where everything is given to us. I know it doesn't make sense but I'm not sure how to even word it.

Thank you for not finding it stupid, I am weak, pathetic and immature aswell. I get distressed when things don't go my way and I don't mean it in that way. It's like me wanting myself, my mother and father to just have a good life and be happy. I didn't get that and I get really upset when I think about it. I don't want people to think I meant it in the sense of refusing to compromise. I just get emotional on how life treats me. I sound childish and pathetic. A person like me shouldn't even be alive. You're right about that. The world and the government are just stupid.
I sometimes feel guilty too about being alive because the resources I use just to exist although it´s very little compared to other people but still I eat meat so I contribute to the animal holocaust even though I don´t wanna live and the same with electricity, deforstation, oil drilling, mining (metals etc.) human nature is so destructive and we are all being part of it and I feel more guilty about it because I contribute to this without even enjoying life.

Reactions: Trannydiary
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I sometimes feel guilty too about being alive because the resources I use just to exist although it´s very little compared to other people but still I eat meat so I contribute to the animal holocaust even though I don´t wanna live and the same with electricity, deforstation, oil drilling, mining (metals etc.) human nature is so destructive and we are all being part of it and I feel more guilty about it because I contribute to this without even enjoying life.

I wish I wasn't born, I disgust myself immensely. I won't deny, I feel guilty for eating meat. I just think humans shouldn't exist, it should just be animals and nature. I find humans so repulsive, myself being the most. There's so corruption and tragedy in the world and the cause of it is only humans. I can't enjoy life, I feel like I'm faking it all.

Reactions: Trannydiary, Odd_Duck and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I wish I wasn't born, I disgust myself immensely. I won't deny, I feel guilty for eating meat. I just think humans shouldn't exist, it should just be animals and nature. I find humans so repulsive, myself being the most. There's so corruption and tragedy in the world and the cause of it is only humans. I can't enjoy life, I feel like I'm faking it all.
Yeah completely agree.

Reactions: Trannydiary and sadgirl2002
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
When I think about this thread, it reminds me of "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve: "You're a slave to money then you die". I'd rather be dead than be captive.

Reactions: Trannydiary, all_pointless, Odd_Duck and 4 others
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
Amazes me that all these "rights" and "human rights " to "protect you "yet you dont have the right to buy a small parcel of land and grow your own food and remove yourself from society , not in the uk anyway ,if you buy some secluded land you are only allowed to stay on it in a tent for two weeks a year , you must conform to having utility bills and pay taxes or you`ll go to prison ! We are already prisoners without setting foot in a jail

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, cowbain, all_pointless and 3 others
Dawn0071111

Dawn0071111

Hungry Ghost
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah also don't forget how you cannot die because people will grieve, and how your write notes so that they have closure and it's not complex grief. Now think of the reddit crowd, screaming 'Nobody owes you closure' when somebody breaks a relationship without giving the other closure and the other suffers complex grief.
Complex grief is horrible....

Reactions: Trannydiary and Lonely Music
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019

Ask a fish with a parasite that replaced its tongue, a wasp paralysed and kept alive to feed larvae, ask the prey when a baboon starts feeding on its groin and guts while alive. Sure we are terribly cruel, but so is everything.

Reactions: Trannydiary
purplemoon

purplemoon

I Have the Light Inside, Surrounded by Darkness
Sep 22, 2019
Amazes me that all these "rights" and "human rights " to "protect you "yet you dont have the right to buy a small parcel of land and grow your own food and remove yourself from society , not in the uk anyway ,if you buy some secluded land you are only allowed to stay on it in a tent for two weeks a year , you must conform to having utility bills and pay taxes or you`ll go to prison ! We are already prisoners without setting foot in a jail

EXACTLY!!! Right, and why is it that we have to get permission, or a permit, to cultivate a small patch of land that no one else is living on?

Why do other people get to designate a price along with taxes, if no one else is living there and you're not hurting anything?

Reactions: Trannydiary and marcusuk63
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
People may mean well but their thinking can be stupid. Since I have no family i had one person tell me to think about how the emts who will find my body will feel, lmfao... Bold of her to assume they'd actually give a fuck. People working in health care are actually some of the coldest most inconsiderate people you'll run into.
I would agree with you completely. I have never seen a profession teeming with sociopaths like health care professionals. They tend, to my mind, to be people who psychopathic. I was convinced, for example, that a doctor attending to me was a psychopath.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Ah this is one of my older threads and yes, what everyone said here is generally true of society at large. No one really gives a fuck about what happens, they just don't want to look like monsters or selfish people so they decide to hide under their veil of goodwill and niceness while they subconsciously and secretly hate us for wanting to check out of the system.

Yes, their statement is indeed contradictory, but they either are unaware or refuse to acknowledge it or worse, they accept it as ok. It's like saying they know it's bad but whatever they just don't care because their feelings and interests are apparently more important than us.

Reactions: Trannydiary and Nemeshisu
OneBigBlur

OneBigBlur

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I agree with your points. If society won't even help me get my basic needs met then why should I continue living for their misguided sense of morality? The expectation that I continue living despite suffering every waking moment and NOT getting any kind of genuine help from other people borders on insanity. I don't care about material wealth at all but it's a requirement for living in this world and people aren't willing to accept that some people can't survive on their own because of the adversity they've been through. They will claim people are taking advantage, they are lazy, and that if they work hard enough they'll get the things they need. Well, they can go fuck themselves because I've been struggling my entire life and gotten nowhere because I've never had any kind of help or safety nets. These same people would shit themselves if they lived through my life and they have the audacity to tell me that "hard work" means anything in reality.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Trannydiary, jrums, all_pointless and 3 others
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
You fought this country's wars; if anyone deserves support you do. I am very passionate about the plight of veterans, given that my father fought in ww2 as a navy seal. You deserve peace and freedom from want. No wonder the u.s. is going down the tubes...what else can I say, friend, other than to convey thanks for your service and to wish you well? I did not serve in the armed forces and can't imagine the horrors you encountered. Yes, indeed, I certainly would have shit myself were I walking in your shoes. Best to you, pal, and again all gratitude for your service.

ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
Yes, I'm suspicious of what increasingly strikes me as an irrational opposition to suicide. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the American Constitution grants people the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness but is relatively silent on the right to quit life.

Reactions: Trannydiary, TAW122 and TimeToBiteTheDust
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@ARW3N Yes, you are correct about the American Constitution in the context that it allows life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness (poh). However, I'd like to think that pro-lifers misuse this piece of language in order to reason through why life is good and why life above ALL costs. The Constitution says nothing about death or right to die, you are correct in that regard, but as a right to life, liberty, and poh, it doesn't mean that one should inalienably have access to it. In other words, what I'm saying is that just because one has a right to anything, one can also waive that right.

For example, one has the freedom of speech in the US, so one is allowed to say whatever they wish (within limitations, without threats of violence, causing public danger (e.g. yelling FIRE in a crowded venue where there is NO actual fire).), however, the individual does not need to exercise it. It only simply means that one has that right. Another example would be the 4th amendment, which is protection from unreasonable search and seizures, meaning that the government is not allowed to search and seize a person's property without probable cause or a warrant. However, this doesn't mean that everyday citizens don't voluntarily waive their 4th amendment rights to the government (police searching their home, vehicle, dwelling, belongings, etc.), it only means that the citizen has the right to refuse search and seizure by the police/government official (unless the police/authority has a warrant, or court order that grants the agent permission to override said 'right').

With all that said, what I mean is that the individual does indeed have the right to life, liberty, and poh, but it doesn't mean that he/she must execute that right. He/she could waive that, just like the other bill of rights in the Constitution. However, pro-lifers and suicide preventionists don't see it that way, they see it as someone's duty to live, which is wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, a.h and ARW3N
R

realjunes

Warlock
Oct 1, 2019

Brilliantly stated and brilliantly worded. It is all so on point. Thank you. Seriously.

Reactions: Trannydiary and TAW122
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Bumping this topic as it is really important and highlights the hypocrisy and irony of society.

It is almost halfway into the year 2020 and yet society still strongly denies us a peaceful, dignified exit. If I were someone in charge and made the rules, laws, I would at least allow people to have a peaceful, dignified exit if nothing else. That's the least a mature and compassionate society can do for someone. Sometimes there are no solutions and there is no peace or resolution for someone, therefore, the best and kindest thing society and government can do is just to allow said person to forgo indefinite amount of suffering by granting them a peaceful, dignified exit. But no, euthanasia is still illegal in many parts of the world, death with dignity only applies to terminally ill people 'who are of sound mind' (which is of course, determined by the physicians, medical professionals in charge, to their sole discretion).

However, society refuses to allow that due to antiquated religious dogmatic views, cult-like beliefs that life is a virtue and that life is valuable (secular humanism), and for government, consumption and generation of taxes, revenue (ironic since there are people who don't contribute to society and a subset of those, who are malignant). As long as things remain as they are today, many people will continue to suffer and those that choose to leave will resort to methods that are less reliable, violent, and/or result in collateral damage, greatly inconvenience the people around him/her, and other unwanted consequences. Sometimes, I'd think that society and government doesn't care about the result, the consequences, and that it may be part and parcel of the sick, twisted, modern society we live in, but what do I know...

Last edited:
Reactions: all_pointless, clocktower and EmbraceOfTheVoid
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Bumping this topic as it is really important and highlights the hypocrisy and irony of society.

It is almost halfway into the year 2020 and yet society still strongly denies us a peaceful, dignified exit. If I were someone in charge and made the rules, laws, I would at least allow people to have a peaceful, dignified exit if nothing else. That's the least a mature and compassionate society can do for someone. Sometimes there are no solutions and there is no peace or resolution for someone, therefore, the best and kindest thing society and government can do is just to allow said person to forgo indefinite amount of suffering by granting them a peaceful, dignified exit. But no, euthanasia is still illegal in many parts of the world, death with dignity only applies to terminally ill people 'who are of sound mind' (which is of course, determined by the physicians, medical professionals in charge, to their sole discretion).

However, society refuses to allow that due to antiquated religious dogmatic views, cult-like beliefs that life is a virtue and that life is valuable (secular humanism), and for government, consumption and generation of taxes, revenue (ironic since there are people who don't contribute to society and a subset of those, who are malignant). As long as things remain as they are today, many people will continue to suffer and those that choose to leave will resort to methods that are less reliable, violent, and/or result in collateral damage, greatly inconvenience the people around him/her, and other unwanted consequences. Sometimes, I'd think that society and government doesn't care about the result, the consequences, and that it may be part and parcel of the sick, twisted, modern society we live in, but what do I know...

They don't give people the means to live and they don't give them the means to die. This society pushes people closer to suicide whether it wants to admit it or not. It's a far worse dystopian nightmare than I've ever read of in any book.

Reactions: Trannydiary, all_pointless, Odd_Duck and 1 other person