Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Psychiatrists who are not only pill pushers tend to suggest meditation and mindfulness as two of the best approaches for maintaining mental clarity.

I have another thread on mindfulness which I will update periodically.

Attached is some information on yoga from Dr Kelly Brogan. Dr Brogan is one of my favorite psychiatrists online. She is extremely intelligent and well-educated having attended some of the best universities in the states.

If you have a mental health condition like I do have you ever tried meditation and mindfulness. Please comment on your experience below.

If you practice yoga which specific practice do you use and why? Do you perceive yoga benefits your mental health? Please explain.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Giraffey and Brick In The Wall
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Well, at this rate it looks like my SS yoga class is going to have a pretty sparse attendance level.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Thinking and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I believe any form of physical activity can be beneficial to mental health. Yoga and meditation can be a great starting point for many.

I feel like these sort of things are more beneficial for people with mild mental health issues. Not to say they can't help people with more severe problems though.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Brick In The Wall
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
Embarrassingly, I've never tried yoga. I work part-time as a hypnotherapist so I'm always recommending various flavours of mindfulness and meditation to clients, along with complementary techniques like progressive muscle relaxation and autogenic training. It's probably worth adding that if you can have someone experienced or professional to talk you through the techniques and guide you, it can be a real benefit. I had a friend who had a (thankfully uncommon) abreaction to mindfulness. Nothing serious, but if you're on your own it without any guidance it can be a scary experience. It certainly put him off mindfulness.

Still, back on topic - having taken a break from working right now I've got time to fill, maybe I need to look into yoga. Ultimately may not be for me (I don't ever remember being that flexible...), but I guess you don't know unless you give it a go.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44