turntechGodhead

turntechGodhead

currently starving
Sep 9, 2023
i genuinely do not understand how ppl consider existence so beautiful but when it comes to death they think it is the worst thing to happen to a person

i look at death like it is the most beautiful thing in the world, the nothingness in death brings peace especially if you think about how the everything in existence just causes harm

Reactions: CrystalDog69, pthnrdnojvsc, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Probably because they're scared of not existing and they can't comprehend the thought of ceasing to exist. And when someone ctb's, they're reminded of their own mortality. They think death is the worst thing to happen to someone because they themselves are scared of death and don't want it to happen to them.

Also because people are scared and terrified of the unknown, and nobody knows what happens after death. All I want is to not exist though, I wish I could just stay in the void forever. I just want to fall into a dreamless sleep and never wake up. I never existed for millions of years and it was fine. The world will go on without me too. I hate being a conscious sentient being in our world today

Reactions: CrystalDog69, Praestat_Mori and Deleted member 65988
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
It's the unknown. Also, for people to keep living day by day despise how shitty things are, they have to give life an inherent positive value.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Yavannah, AntHills and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because they have been brainwashed into believing such a thing, they are blinded by delusions. Death could never be horrible as all that causes harm is as a result of existence and without existence one cannot suffer, death is the absence of all suffering. In fact to die is the most normal thing, we are just waiting until all we know is erased and forgotten about in death and I do see so much beauty in the eternity of death, the thought of being dead comforts me so much.

Existence is what is horrible to me instead, it's horrific how existence just causes harm so senselessly and unnecessarily, the thought of decaying from age in this cruel and meaningless existence fills me with dread, it's undesirable, only death could bring peace.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess it's mainly the unknown element to it. Living is all we remember. Maybe we get close to death when we sleep but it's quite a step away from not existing at all. People may also fear an afterlife/ reincarnation.

Plus- it's not just our own deaths we fear. We fear to lose people we love and rely on. It's painful to grieve. I think many people fear other people dying more than they do their own death.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's the fear of the unknown and people have been brainwashed with various religions throughout the centuries that suicide is bad and you'll go to hell. Well for some or for the majority life is great no doubt and those people may want to become old and live long that's fine for them but not everyone want to be forced to live a life they don't want. This is the point here.

R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
yea, it's because people find life great that causes them to think death is bad. personally, i dont find there's actual value in either living or dying. neither seem to be that meaningful.

B

Bojackman

Apr 8, 2022
I think my response is going to be on the unpopular opinion side of this site but please try to evaluate it for its merit.

Imagine you see someone spill food into their expensive shirt. It's pretty messed up now and it's not something they can go out with. However, you, the outside observer recognize that this shirt is expensive and there are ways to clean it. In many situations, but not all, the shirt can be cleaned and can be worn normally. You may feel frustrated seeing this person burn their shirt (something irreversible) when you recognize the possibility of being able to clean it.

Back to real life, life is even less expendable than shirts. feeling cornered by life and your feelings can be a very suffocating experience. However, in the majority of situation, this feeling can be resolved. One study showed that 67% of people that undergo treatment for depression go into remission. This statistic is the result of just going through the treatment process without changing anything else. Imagine what the results would be for example if it included relief from environmental variables such as a toxic environment, life stressors etc.