• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

LookMomImFlying

LookMomImFlying

Apr 23, 2018
For those who don't know, a lucid dream is one that you somehow are aware you are dreaming and can control what's happening in the dream. I dreamed about my ex-girlfriend who I never got over. We were out eating at a restaurant. Of course I kissed her a lot and told her I loved her and always would. It felt VERY real.

I wanted to test something, hoping I didn't wake up. I ordered sushi and a Bloody Mary because I've never eaten or drank either in real life. The order got there and I took a bite, a sip, and instantly woke up, but not before I tasted both.

I just left a 24 hour sushi restaurant just now, and ordered sushi and a Bloody Mary with a pickle because the one in the dream had a pickle in it (thankfully I have a credit card since I'm broke). Both taste exactly like they did in the dream and the textures were the same too. How is that possible? How could I dream about something I've never experienced, and the dream was exactly what the real-life experience was? For some reason this makes me believe that everything is simulated in our brains and life is a simulation.

Crazy I have a lucid dream this soon after I decided I'm jumping in July. I so love my ex-girlfriend still. That was such an incredible experience; the dream and her in real-life. I fucked it all up, so I can blame nothing and nobody but myself. I'll probably not have another lucid dream in the rest of my short life. But I'm glad I got to kiss her one last time.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I think I had similar experience. How did you achieve this?

Reactions: dano6533
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
And yea, life is a simulation. The brain can simulate stuff for us and life itself is the bigger machine and simulator.

I think the brain can effectively simulate many things that are not actually happening either in a dream or giving different signals. (feeling of pain for example when you have nothing wrong physically)

Reactions: dano6533
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I don't know about simulation, but I have had really weird dreams in the past and those dreams are the reason I consider the possibility of the existence of "something else", whatever may it be. Some of my dreams feel more like lost memories, but none of those "memories" are from things I experienced in this life. So, some possibilities I can think of:

1. They are memories from a past life.
2. The dreams are giving my brain weird signals and it is misinterpreting what it is supposed to feel.
3. They might be related to this astral projection thing mentioned here and I am just having flashes of what my "other selves" are living.
5. I am crazier than I thought.

I never really had any lucid dreams, though. But boy, do I enjoy dreaming... Most of the time, anyways. Some of my favorite "memories" are from dreams I had. I suppose that speaks a lot about the kind of life I have.

Reactions: dano6533 and Kira