NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
... if I died this afternoon?

I have an appointment at a pharmacy for a covid booster shot in ~14h. I've handled the Pfizer shot just fine twice before, and plan to get it. But I'm deathly allergic to the Moderna shot [I've narrowed the allergy down to one of three ingredients the Moderna shot has which the Pfizer shot doesn't].

My first ever covid shot was Moderna. It seemingly went fine, but a few hours afterwards, I was covered in hives and breathing... it was thick, it took a bit of effort. But it faded after a day.

I went to get my second shot a few months later, told the nurse about the above reaction. She didn't give a shit, gave me Moderna again. This time, in the post-shot waiting area, I reacted within minutes. Hives all over my arm and inside my mouth and throat. Struggled to breathe. Still, I made it home.

For my third shot, I told the nurse [not the same one as above] about the previous reactions and she was horrified and made sure the medical system had a giant note about the allergy. She gave me Pfizer and even checked in on me in the post-shot waiting area. It went fine.

But wouldn't it just be nice, if... the pharmacist today doesn't see the note. Offers me Moderna and I don't protest. And just hope it's fast...

I know it's unrealistic. I'm in a pharmacy, they definitely have an epi-pen or shit like that. But it's nice to fantastize...

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, アホペンギン, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's really understandable just wishing to be gone, it's really dreadful how for those who want to die this society is so pro-life and focused on prolonging suffering no matter what.