L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
With how much technology and science has evolved I am wondering if somehow one day in the far future the ability to regenerate cells and therefore restore the structures that create consciousness could be possible.

Therefore it may seem like you wake up in an afterlife eventually but it's actually the real universe.

Would you want this? To wake up in a world filled with possibilities and most legitimate problems of life already solved? A world where none of what has happened to you during this lifetime could ever possibly happen to you again?

Personally I think I would want that. However, if the world were exactly like it is today — no thanks. I'd prefer to stay in the void.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Smellanie, Deleted member 23885, KleinerWolf and 4 others
Ender

Ender

Dec 29, 2020
Keep me asleep. Humanity is hopeless.

Reactions: Deleted member 23885, Going Home, Bacon and 10 others
Deleted member 23774

Deleted member 23774

Nov 14, 2020
All I want to do is find peace.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, Deleted member 23885, Going Home and 8 others
OrdinaryDay

OrdinaryDay

Hollow
Dec 6, 2019
I wish I could wake up in the time line where none of the things that have happened in my life have actually happened

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: I screwed up, patheticpartner, Cowtipper and 2 others
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
Asleep 1000%.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 23885, NightmareTour, patheticpartner and 2 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I want to wake up to a better world where I'm not suffering at all. I'm kinda afraid if I do ctb, there would be nothing

• Hugs
Reactions: yetme and NodusTollens
M

massiveblackhole

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I honestly don't believe in utopia - I don't think there could possibly be a world that wouldnt be wrought with problems so ill stay asleep thanks

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NightmareTour, patheticpartner, demuic and 2 others
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
With how much technology and science has evolved I am wondering if somehow one day in the far future the ability to regenerate cells and therefore restore the structures that create consciousness could be possible.

Therefore it may seem like you wake up in an afterlife eventually but it's actually the real universe.

Would you want this? To wake up in a world filled with possibilities and most legitimate problems of life already solved? A world where none of what has happened to you during this lifetime could ever possibly happen to you again?

Personally I think I would want that. However, if the world were exactly like it is today — no thanks. I'd prefer to stay in the void.
I could only want this if the fundamentals of the human psyche are radically changed so that the capacity for evil and illogical actions are eliminated or greatly diminished. Maybe if alien overlords took over.

If there was some kind of simulation like reality where I could just chill out, become skilled at all the things I ever wanted to do, watch a bunch of shows and play video games and somehow never get bored or unsatisfied, that would be ideal. That is impossible to acheive in the real world, but that would be like a simulated universe inside the real world, so it kind of relates to your question.

Reactions: _Minsk and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
I just want to end this stagnating life of mine ...

W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
No thanks. Humans are evil - a virus that will hopefully die off. This pandemic won't be enough to kill them off - unfortunately - but some day a real rain is gonna fall.

Reactions: massiveblackhole
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
An ideal world where I could find happiness... though I doubt such a place exists.

Reactions: Deleted member 23885
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
human technology is only 1000 years behind from extracting the same consciousness.
I want a different nationality, body, family of my own choice.

I enjoy exisiting only if I am able to customise it.
Otherwise it'll just be torture and a lifelong shitshow.
Screw that.

Reactions: yetme and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I might want to.
I'd prefer a time travel machine to fix my past mistakes, though.

Reactions: nox_ghoul
L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
After reading the responses and thinking more about it, I think I'd rather stay asleep too lol

Reactions: AutoTap and pthnrdnojvsc
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
At this moment in time. I'd stay asleep, maybe tomorrow I'd feel differently. Because I know what the future holds and it ain't pretty.

Reactions: AutoTap
wannagohome

wannagohome

Jan 6, 2021
Regeneration in a way to continue just where you stopped will never be possible i think. But kind of cloning from existing cells might be very well possible one day. Interesting idea but also frigthening as -once again- you do not know the conditions you will be starting from. Might be better or even worse. So i'd prefer to stay asleep. Never change a run out system ...

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Stay asleep.

Reactions: AutoTap and pthnrdnojvsc
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Probably asleep, I'm just tired of everything and I don't even have motivation to do something great or fulfill my dreams

Reactions: Deleted member 23885 and AutoTap
mado

mado

Dec 23, 2020
Yes i would want this. The whole reason i consider suicide is because i only see things getting worse for me as time goes on. I would choose the opportunity for a better life and world. In this scenario i would have a perfect body again and such an advanced society could probably just make me a cis woman. I'd definitely be happy if such a thing happened.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I prefer to be nonexistent if such a thing were ever possible. I have no interest in existing and entertaining a "better world".

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, massiveblackhole and AutoTap
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I'd prefer to say non existing. That way can't tell what's going on, suffer, or anything like that. It's just finally peace.

Reactions: massiveblackhole
Samsara

Samsara

Experienced
Mar 9, 2020
would rather remain in non-existence. Life inevitably involves suffering, and even if the length, intensity, and frequency of suffering is less I would rather remain unaware of it all

Reactions: AutoTap, massiveblackhole and pthnrdnojvsc
ARW3N

ARW3N

Melancholia
Dec 25, 2019
There is a theory in physics which tries to solve the problems of time travel by postulating multiple universes. One of our multiple selves might be more happy in another universe than in this one. The problem with the multiple universe theory is the more complex a scientific theory is the less likely it is to be probable. I would much prefer consciousness to be permanently extinguished when we die. No more experiences.

Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I just want to be done with this life

Reactions: nox_ghoul, Going Home, Ender and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Seems to be a bit of an unpopular opinion here but I am pretty indifferent. I have no real issue with being born again, I don't necessarily want it but I don't live in fear of having some other life either.

Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
All I want to do is sleep for eteeeeeeeeernity.

Reactions: Deleted member 23885