sorararara

sorararara

simple and clean
Feb 12, 2023
Basically, if you had enough money to live comfortably—never worrying about bills, being able to do whatever you want/buy whatever you want, you wouldn't need to work if you didn't want to, etc.—would you choose to live?

I would absolutely choose to live. A lot of my problems would remain even if I were rich, but I think enough of them would be solved. Plus, I'd be able to distract myself a bit better. lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, todiefor, cantthinkrn and 4 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Money could do a lot of things. But even money can't prevent horrible things like a stroke , old age, accidents which could be unbearably painful.

Yes If i were rich would still suicide asap.

Plus everyone is going to die anyway rich or not

I don't see what I could do today this week etc that will matter in 150 years. what about in 10,000 years? in a trillion years? will what i do today or next month matter then in a trillion years? no. nothing matters

Choose To live for what reason? I don't see any objective reason to live or do to anything

Many more reasons why I would kill myself asap

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36, Zhendou and 1 other person
Upvote 0
mckf

mckf

Jul 25, 2024
In my case, yes since I have a progressive chronic illness with no cure and which basically made me almost disabled in my 20's. Even with all the money in the world, it wouldn't allow me to travel the world, have a wife and kids, eat what I want, etc.

I have like a hierarchy of needs which is 1. Health, 2. Close family/relationships, 3. Money. I feel like being rich would cause a lot of trust issues and more problems as family and friends would be fake nice to me to have some of my money.

Reactions: Joarga, Zhendou and ForgottenAgain
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'd personally never wish for something as cruel and torturous as existing no matter what, I find having the ability to exist to be a terrible, hopeless burden that only causes me to suffer and what terrifies me about is that it can potentially get so agonising way beyond how anyone can imagine it to, I'd never wish to suffer for decades just to die painfully in agony from old age. In my case I'm just not meant for existence and find it completely undesirable, existing is the source of all my suffering and I don't want to suffer in any way, I just wish and hope for eternal nothingness where I'm finally at peace from the torment of existing as a conscious being.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, DrearyAsh348, Zhendou and 2 others
Upvote 0
F

findingquiet

Jun 4, 2024
Would 100% choose to live.

Reactions: BrailleTogepi, Zhendou and sorararara
Upvote 0
cosimaniehaus

cosimaniehaus

Oct 15, 2020
No. Money can't treat my mental illness, my looks, my behavior, and cant force people whom I like to like me for myself. Or people whom I love to love me for myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, etherealspring and sorararara
Upvote 0
Themogger

Themogger

Nah, I'd die
Jul 23, 2024
I'll ctb with a better method(the best money can but). Maybe not immediately but at least I'll have that insurance

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, BrailleTogepi, danzk and 3 others
Upvote 0
W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
I'd ctb even faster because I'd probably have access to better drugs for the process

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, DOHARDTHINGS24, thebelljarrr and 4 others
Upvote 0
C

CatLvr

Experienced
Aug 1, 2024
Uhmmmm I don't think it would change anything for me. If money could get rid of the injuries and chronic pain issues I have I would have already sold my soul and everything I own to make it happen.

Chronic physical pain is a grind I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Add to that the mental pain that comes from having a brain that never shuts off. I am just tired. Too tired a lot of the time to go on. But oddly enough, here I am, still putting one foot in front of the other.

On thing I am sure of -- I will know when enough is enough and I will be ready to succeed.

*Damned autocorrect. 🤬🤬🤬

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sorararara, pthnrdnojvsc and rocketman99
Upvote 0
Willowherb

Willowherb

Mar 16, 2024
I'll eventually get sick of it.
Yeah money surely does play a huge role in my desire to ctb but so does existing, it's far too unbearable.
As long as I'm living, I'll find a reason to not live.

• Hugs
Reactions: thebelljarrr, etherealspring, sorararara and 1 other person
Upvote 0
R

rocketman99

Jul 23, 2024
money can't cure my physical illnesses, so yes.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, mckf and sorararara
Upvote 0
Old

Old

Apr 25, 2024
I would certainly wait more years and enjoy my money, but ultimately I'd end up doing ctb. The brain is the source of the problems.

• Love
Reactions: Willowherb, ijustwishtodie, WaitingAllMyLife and 2 others
Upvote 0
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Yeah, and i'd feel so much better about it. Divide the money between my mother, one of my family memebers and my closest friend, buy a gun, then donate the rest right before i kill myself, that would be sublime.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Willowherb and sorararara
Upvote 0
sorararara

sorararara

simple and clean
Feb 12, 2023
No. Money can't treat my mental illness, my looks, my behavior, and cant force people whom I like to like me for myself. Or people whom I love to love me for myself.
that's understandable, i have a similar mindset (i'm just insanely easy to keep distracted, lol.)
i hope you find the peace that you deserve <3
Uhmmmm I don't think it would change anything for me. If money could get rid of the injuries and chronic pain issues I have I would have already sold my soul and everything I own to make it happen.

Chronic physical pain is a grind I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Add to that the mental pain that comes from having a brain that never shuts off. I am just tired. Too tired a lot of the time to go on. But oddly enough, here I am, still putting one foot in front of the other.

On thing I am sure of -- I will know when enough is enough and I will be ready to succeed.

*Damned autocorrect. 🤬🤬🤬
i see, i'm really sorry to hear that. having mental problems is tiring enough, i couldn't imagine living with chronic pain on top of that. it seems absolutely exhausting, I hope you can find relief and/or peace <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cosimaniehaus
Upvote 0
Gangrel

Gangrel

Student
Jul 25, 2024
Probably, but later in life, not working is such a plus lol

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, etherealspring and sorararara
Upvote 0
sorararara

sorararara

simple and clean
Feb 12, 2023
I would certainly wait more years and enjoy my money, but ultimately I'd end up doing ctb. The brain is the source of the problems.
i have a similar mindset. i would just indulge in lavishes and cool experiences to keep myself distracted, then ctb when the distractions stop working.

Reactions: Old and like-spoiledmilk
Upvote 0
C

cryptoinvestor

Jul 12, 2024
i made one million from crypto in my late 20s, im 31 now and i want to die now more than ever

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Andrew10, Hotsackage and 2 others
Upvote 0
Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
Yes. Money changes very little for me. I just don't like this world. 90 % of people are just evil and destroy this planet and their fellow humans souls.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, pthnrdnojvsc, cryptoinvestor and 1 other person
Upvote 0
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
It is a very good question. I think being rich would at least postpone it, since financial worries throughout my entire life are a major contributor to my ctb decision. But I am a nihilist. I conducted a thought experiment where I imagined my life is totally free of problems. I came to the conclusion that I still have absolutely no interest to exist. If I were rich, maybe I would not have become a nihilist though.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Upvote 0
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Yeah, because my brain is damaged. Yeah a lot of money would make it easier, but I would wish to ctb anyways

• Hugs
Reactions: mckf, thebelljarrr and Hotsackage
Upvote 0
like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
Yes. I'd just ctb in a cooler way. Like, buying a jet plane and doing a triple barrel roll.

• Yay!
Reactions: ceus and ijustwishtodie
Upvote 0
fivebeyond

fivebeyond

Eternal calmness
Jul 14, 2024
Yes. But money would help me to last longer, as there is a lot of things I'd like to do before I die.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Upvote 0
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
No amount of money can help me escape my thoughts. I've done the spending, done the running and yet my head has followed me everywhere I go and everything I've achieved. However if your ideation is based on purely monetary situation, then I can imagine it would help.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
Upvote 0
maidens

maidens

" more dead than alive, I endure it "
Aug 27, 2023
no lol. most of my problems would remain, I'd still be unbearably mentally ill etc etc but if I was rich I'd be able to do and get soooo many things that would make me wanna live nonetheless. god I wish I was rich

• Hugs
Reactions: pilotviolin and Hotsackage
Upvote 0
T

timetodie24

Warlock
Apr 14, 2023
Yes i would still ctb as my reasons won't go away with money.

Last edited:
Reactions: demitriusmigsysvotf and thebelljarrr
Upvote 0
Ironborn

Ironborn

Experienced
Jan 29, 2024
I would probably carry on a few more years but one thing I am sure of is I don't want to get old. My back and knees are fucked already so arthritis is a guarantee for me. I'm not ending up as an invalid.

Reactions: demitriusmigsysvotf and divinemistress36
Upvote 0
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
The issue why I want to CTB is pretty much related to society and how I suck at adapting to it, so more money wouldn't just solve it magically, it'd simply change the issues I'll face. However it'd surely make me feel better, because who wouldn't benefit from some extra cash?

Reactions: demitriusmigsysvotf
Upvote 0
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Money could do a lot of things. But even money can't prevent horrible things like a stroke , old age, accidents which could be unbearably painful.

Yes If i were rich would still suicide asap.

Plus everyone is going to die anyway rich or not

I don't see what I could do today this week etc that will matter in 150 years. what about in 10,000 years? in a trillion years? will what i do today or next month matter then in a trillion years? no. nothing matters

Choose To live for what reason? I don't see any objective reason to live or do to anything

Many more reasons why I would kill myself asap
Stroke survivor I agree
It would be easier to ctb rich . Could fly my private jet to peru and get some N or pay a corrupted doctor to euthanize me aww the possibilites would be endless

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, demitriusmigsysvotf and pthnrdnojvsc
Upvote 0
Roadrunner

Roadrunner

Student
Mar 18, 2024
I'd like to try being rich then getting back to you on that.

Reactions: divinemistress36, cosimaniehaus and DeathSleep
Upvote 0