ihavetoleave

ihavetoleave

Dec 28, 2020
Would You Rather Reboot/Restart after death or Shut Down forever? When you reach the end of your life, would you want the possibility of starting over anew or would you prefer to be nonexistent? Which do you think is likely to happen? Why do you feel this way?

For myself I want to restart. If we can restart we likely can't take any wisdom with us but I would still like to gamble on a better existence than what I have provided for myself in this life. Similar to how I would restart a game when I was younger to do better and be more pleased with the outcome.

• Love
Reactions: Spiny Lobster, adam&eve, Cherry Crumpet and 13 others
D

DrWh033

Student
Dec 23, 2020
Definitely restart. But of what use is it if I can't take the wisdom I accumulated with me? I would do the same mistakes and suffer the same fate.

Reactions: Fango, adam&eve, virginiawoolf86 and 11 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Great question!
I watch a lot of isekai anime because of this (well, they travel to another worlds generally but it's a restart anyway) so yeah, I'd really like to restart my life with my memories and knowledge intact.
I guess it sounds to perfect to be true but hey...why don't give a shot?

Anyway, if it's eternal nothingness, I won't mind either. After all, I won't exist so I won't be able to think lol

• Love
Reactions: adam&eve, epic, stygal and 4 others
K

karel1987

Student
Dec 29, 2020
Shutdown forever my biggest fear is recarnation

• Love
Reactions: Fthis, toasterairplane, CJ2002 and 12 others
NegativeSymptoms

NegativeSymptoms

trying to recover
Sep 4, 2019
I would like to have another life where I am not mentally ill but oblivion sounds good too.

Reactions: toasterairplane, throughtheglass, virginiawoolf86 and 5 others
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
no, never, non existent all the way. I don't want to have any chance of ending up in this hell again

• Love
Reactions: Fthis, kiki666, ovaltinee99 and 15 others
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
If I'd still be a part of the current reality I'd choose nonexistence instead. However, if there was an alternative reality where it was flipped and suffering was the minority while happiness was the dominant force then I'd choose that.

• Love
Reactions: Lady_Loveless, Fango, Élégie and 11 others
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Restart to a different body, to different country or even different planet, to different parents etc.

Some lives will be better and some worse, but I think it would be much better in this way that just this one shitty failed life and then over for eternity.

Reactions: throughtheglass, Merlay, Jarni and 3 others
Intotheflames

Intotheflames

a stranger in a strange land
Dec 23, 2020
On bad days I want it to be over for good, all traces of me erased in this multiverse, nine worlds etc. On good days I like to imagine there is a brand new life, one that is completely different better happier waiting for me.

Reactions: adam&eve, Cherry Crumpet, Kassender and 3 others
T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
I want be the Gods or Saints(depends on your religions), if it is achievable.

Reactions: ihavetoleave
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Would You Rather Reboot/Restart after death or Shut Down forever? When you reach the end of your life, would you want the possibility of starting over anew or would you prefer to be nonexistent? Which do you think is likely to happen? Why do you feel this way?

For myself I want to restart. If we can restart we likely can't take any wisdom with us but I would still like to gamble on a better existence than what I have provided for myself in this life. Similar to how I would restart a game when I was younger to do better and be more pleased with the outcome.
Re-roll for a better life and hope fate favors me next time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: epic, Kassender, needaplan and 1 other person
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I don't want to return to the current world but I want to experience a paradise with ppl I love but with the option to cease to exist forever.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Conker, patheticpartner, DivineMedicus and 3 others
BehindTheWall

BehindTheWall

May 21th 2020
Aug 26, 2020
Shut down forever, or going to a world similar to the movie "Wristcutter: a love story" and join my best friend.

Reactions: Lady_Loveless and ihavetoleave
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Reboot I wouldn't be opposed to living again. My main reason for CTB is getting closer to advanced aging , unacceptable societal shifts that have occured in my lifetime , etc. for example in my country its legal to tell young children pedophilia is acceptable and they should go to an organization where those values are taught. Sick, I want no part in paying into a system that allows that.

Reactions: needaplan and ihavetoleave
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
I choose shutting down forever.

• Love
Reactions: Conker, stygal, diyCTB and 5 others
AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness

permanent eternal absoluteNONexistenceNOTHINGness
Dec 17, 2019
Shut down forever. I simply just don't want to experience/live/do/participate in/explore etc etc bla bla not only 'life'/'existence'/'the world'/'planet earth' blahblah however tf it is etc but literally anything else in general at all of any type, of any way etc and no 'matter' 'what'/'how' etc it is and it's not because of a reason/reasons, there aren't any 'reasons' at all, I simply just dont and that's it. 'I' have a 'gOoD'/'gReAt'/'hApPy'/'pErFeCt' 'lIfE' and my 'parents'/'family' 'love'/'want' me a lot blabla and want for me to have a 'healthy'/'enjoyable'/'fun'/'exciting'/'satisfying'/'fulfilling' (or whatever the fck those """pOsItIvE""" 'ways'/'words'/'adjectives'/tYpEs Of 'lIfE' mean, couldnt care less lol) 'life' and blabla many other 'good'/'great'/'positive' 'things' and blabla whatever tf and I just literally DONT GIVE A DAMN SHIT lmfao, I simply just dont and never at all will and will never want to want to and i have absolutely NO "pRoBlEm" with that, why the f*ck would I? lmfao
I simply just don't give a shit about 'life' in general no matter how it is/how it works/what it's about/what there is etcetc nor absolutely anything else in general at all of any type whatever/however tf it is lol and have absolutely NO 'interest' for it (nor for absolutely anything else at all no matter what 'type' of 'thing'/'place' etcetc it is neither 'what'/'how' it is etc) no matter 'how' it 'is'/'how' it 'can be and a large etc. so OF COURSE I choose 'shutting down' for all eternity/forever, without any 'doubt'

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Conker, cassie, Weeping Garbage Can and 5 others
head full of static

head full of static

i've been waiting a long time for this
Dec 2, 2020
I would sure hope it's just a shut down. My whole reasoning for wanting to ctb is that I feel my continued life is ultimately meaningless. being reborn wouldn't solve this problem, as any enjoyment or progress I make in my life simply comes across as forced and, ultimately, I know it is all just a distraction to blow time until the end

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: apathetic., omoidarui, Conker and 4 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Do I get a healthy body? then yes, if that's not the case then I'll shut it down and never look back.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kassender, stygal, Merlay and 6 others
Toybox

Toybox

life fatigue
Oct 24, 2020
I'd only choose to restart if I could be guaranteed a better life than this one

Reactions: Kassender, Lost in a Dream, Merlay and 2 others
sourpink

sourpink

Student
Aug 27, 2020
shut down forever.
I do ascribe to a belief system that includes the notion of reincarnation but it is my great hope that perhaps that may be incorrect, or at least optional.
no way do I want any more of any of this, regardless of circumstances.

Reactions: Conker, stygal and ihavetoleave
DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Aug 2, 2020
Choosing between having to feel pain, which is inevitable if you exist , while having an opportunity to feel good sometimes , and feeling nothing, I choose felling nothing.

I am terrified by the concept of afterlife, or immortality. What a torture....

Noting compares to the blissful oblivion of non existence

I dream about it
Knowing I can get it at my own will makes life bearable

Death will come to me like an old friend and I will smile at her, greeting her like a welcomed guest

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, Conker, Lost in a Dream and 6 others
W

willtodie

Dec 3, 2020
restart with my memories or oblivion, no point in restarting if i can't go on from who i was before death. want a new game+ or to quit the game entirely if it isn't possible. i do not wish to subject myself to more of this shit regardless of who i might become by restarting everything, might be happy, might get simpler, might a lot of things but the bottom line is, no thanks, i don't want to play this game any longer and that's been final for some time now.

Reactions: adam&eve, Conker and ihavetoleave
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
Nothingness is smth more sure in terms of what it is (sounds like a paradox) than another life... So nothingness.

There is also an eternal recurrence like an option (Nietzshe)... Ahah :D

"With the eternal reccurrence, the only experience we have is life. We experience it the same way over and over again".

Not for me even if I love(d) my life (before) very much... I imagine that (almost) nobody on this forum wants it this way.

Otherwise I like very much the book of Cioran "The trouble with being born".

Reactions: adam&eve, ihavetoleave and sourpink
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Well, restart sounds great. If it's not on this world and not a human form of existence. Otherwise nothingness sounds better.

Reactions: adam&eve, DivineMedicus, Pookie and 2 others
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
If l'd been turned into a Terminator then Reboot, if not then switch off!

Reactions: ihavetoleave
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I've restarted several times. I'm ready for a restart

Reactions: epic and ihavetoleave
DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I'm honestly okay with both. It's not like I'll know, there's not much difference between shutting down to nothing and restarting without memories, either way you cease to exist as you are now. Restarting with memories is a different game, sounds good initially but if I'm taking my shit mental health back to childhood I'm not interested. I had my issues as I child but it wasn't this bad yet. Who knows what the logistics of memories vs brain development would be with a personalty disorder?

Reactions: neitherherenorthere and Good4Nothing
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

I prefer to be nonexistent and that is what i believe will happen anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: adam&eve, Conker, Worwyn and 2 others
H

Hurt

Paragon
Nov 13, 2020
2nd option

Reactions: epic and ihavetoleave
W

Worwyn

Dec 9, 2020
Restart, I wasted the opportunities and karma of this body. And if I could only restart knowing two things, that would be enough.

• Hugs
Reactions: adam&eve, throughtheglass, needaplan and 3 others