Would you rather go to the past or future?

• Past

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Future

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
If time travel existed, and you could only choose one, would you rather go to the past or future (and why)?

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: 4am, EternalShore, Forever Sleep and 4 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Damn. You made me hesitant with this one.

In another thread I chose to not be reincarnated into utopia. But going back into past and behaving differently (if I could keep my memories), maybe I would power through hell just for the sake of goals I would give myself.

I would hug that child (myself) and offer him insights I never had.

So weirdly I take past. Well done lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore, Twntysix, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
In reality they are the same, the future is just walking forward following a predetermined path, what you leave behind is the past, what you step on is the present and what you see in front of you is the future (if you see it).

So it's a bit like asking do you want to rewind the movie forwards or backwards?, so if you want to understand the plot it's better to start from the beginning, otherwise you won't find out anything (if it's a bad movie you don't have much knowledge what's the point even if you go to the end, hehe).

At the end of the film, everyone is dead.

//

En realitat són el mateix, el futur només és caminar cap endavant seguint un camí prefixat, el que deixes enrere és el passat, el que trepitges el present i el que veus davant teu el futur (si el veus).

Així que es una mica com preguntar vols rebobinar la pel·lícula cap endavant o cap enrere?, doncs si vols entendre l'argument millor començar pel principi, sino no t'assebentaràs de rés (si és una peli dolenta no te gaire ciència saber de que va encara que vagis al final, hehe).

Al final de la pel·lícula tothom és mort.

Reactions: sserafim and username8888
U

username8888

-
Oct 11, 2023
If time travel existed, and you could only choose one, would you rather go to the past or future (and why)?
Lol my eyes searched for non-existence or afterlife. I would rather not to choose at all. Because for future, it might be a more dystopian place than now. And for past, it might be too cruel...

But If you had put a revolver on my head and say 'you have to pick one!' I might go with the distant pa-- can you just shoot me in the head instead!?

Reactions: sserafim and WAITING TO DIE
BlackMoon

BlackMoon

Peace-seeker
Oct 30, 2023
I don't believe in the future, even in 100 years. I'm convinced people will just be more and more hateful and violent against people like me. So I'll x1000 prefer to go in the past. At least I know what to expect and I'll be able to have a more simple (not easy, not the same) life, without the issues of technologies and their impact on the behavior of people today.

Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Ideally? Both the future and the past. I would initially travel to the past to see if rectifying any mistakes would have a noticeable impact on my life in the present, and then I would travel into the future from the present to see if my life stays on a desired trajectory after making said changes.

...But since we are only allowed to choose one for this thought experiment I would choose the future. Why? Firstly I believe that there is a chance that humanity could - not will - but could improve from what it is today, and if this happens to be true then I would like to experience it for myself; one of the reasons I want to commit suicide is because I am unhappy with the current version of the society which I live in, so the potential for a newer, improved civilization might renew my will to live... or maybe not. Secondly: I have a strong interest in science, science-fiction and general technology; given the technological and scientific advances of the present, it will be exciting to see what has, or rather will, be conjured up in the future.

If everything that I have said turns out to be false, and the future is not how I imagined it, then I could still always end my life - as originally intended.

Last edited:
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Past, so that I could see my dead friend again.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and R_N
S

Stinger4771

It's never too late. Unless you’re dead.
Jul 26, 2023
I was pondering this very question the other day. The past is the devil you know, the future is the devil you don't.

Reactions: sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and Nigh
C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023

But your poll allows both options! What happens if I vote for both? :ahhha:

• Yay!
Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
If we're talking about the recent past, I'd like to go back to maybe 15 years ago with the hope that my life would take another route. Other than that, I'd prefer the future to see if technological advancements can ever make life on Earth bearable or even enjoyable for people like me.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I would go back into the past ( but only if I had the knowledge that I have now ).
I could avoid all the trauma I've been through and be so much wiser about this dreadful world.

Reactions: sserafim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My past or, general time travel? I wouldn't want to revisit any of my past again. It would be my idea of hell to have to relive it.

In a general sense though- wow- that's such a difficult question. Honestly, I can only see the future getting worse, so I'd probably choose the past. Guess it depends on whether you're just going to be a tourist with certain safeguards. In which case- it would be awesome to see the dinosaurs. I always wanted to see the Crystal Palace and the Great Exhibition. So- the Victorian era. So long as I was wealthy!! In terms of actually living in an era- probably 30-50 years ago would have been better for me. Before computers came along and took a lot of the jobs in the creative industry.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and Dead Ghost
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I'd travel to the past. More specifically when all my problems began to arise. I was of course hesitant because I'd like to see what the future has in store for everyone involved, like new inventions. I know the society will be a lot worse and I'm not looking forward to that of course... But now that I think deeply about it, I believe going to the past and making different choices with what I did, even if they were all trivial, I'd currently be in a better state, mentally.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and Twntysix
piddincir

piddincir

Student
Nov 6, 2023
I would travel back 5 weeks and give my wife one last hug and live that wonderful last weekend we spent together before she took her life. Even if I couldn't change a thing and had to live through this nightmare from the beginning again, I would just to see her face and hold her hand more last time 🥲

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and Twntysix