GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

The sun rises to insult me.
Jul 15, 2024
I initially thought I could wait until February, but I am not that comfortable with waiting anymore. I want the closure that my attempt will be the end of it all. There is simply no way I can survive this fall. It is estimated to be between 250m to 300m. A lot of people have died there so I assume it will be patrolled. My biggest fear is chickening out and getting caught. I don't have a fear of heights but I've never stared down a cliff with the intent to jump.

• Aww..
Reactions: cassie and kinderbueno
Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
The SI involved with falling/jumping is brutal. I've been on the edge, over the railing twice and couldn't personally do it. Then again I couldn't do 'safe' cliff diving and bridge diving either so I may not be the best person to ask.

Reactions: cowboypants, GuessWhosBack and kinderbueno
C

cosmicsoleil

Aug 19, 2024
The SI involved with falling/jumping is brutal. I've been on the edge, over the railing twice and couldn't personally do it. Then again I couldn't do 'safe' cliff diving and bridge diving either so I may not be the best person to ask.
I was the same. Have been on the edge/over the railings 5 times and couldn't do it any of those times. It's like my brain wanted to, but I couldn't physically jump, it's awful.

• Aww..
Reactions: maynoname and GuessWhosBack
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
All the time I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next minutes and jumping always comes into my head. It's such a terrifying thought. I've seen someone jump on video because I do think about it and they sure as fk didn't get to the bottom peacefully. They screamed and they were terrified, naturally. When they got the bottom it was lights out, but getting there was horrific. It's truly terrifying and so I don't know if I could actually do it.

I've had people I've known jump off a bridge and I always wonder, did they die on impact or die from drowning because they got paralyzed from the fall.

Reactions: WhatMightHaveBeen and GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

The sun rises to insult me.
Jul 15, 2024
I always wonder, did they die on impact or die from drowning because they got paralyzed from the fall.
I wouldn't jump if I were landing in water. There is flat rock protruding from the base of this particular cliff.

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I'd probably take a half bottle of vodka with me and once I'd had it I'd be up for doing something daft like dancing on the edge or trying a handstand. Hoping I'd slip and fall without having to actually nerve myself up to jump.

• Yay!
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
It's the uncertainty of it that leads to SI kicking in. The absolute fear of it being traumatic, painful and that by some disaster you survive it and end up a crippled and or brain damaged mess. If it was absolutely guaranteed then you'd be more likely to do it, but there are no absolute guarantees, hence your brain goes into overdrive weighing up the risks and then SI kicks in.

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
B

badK9wolf

Jul 18, 2024
guess i'll probably have to. i don't know of any other options now.

Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
I would have to go that way if I had no other option, because I just need to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09
C

CantDoIt

Wizard
Jul 18, 2024
I guess so. I would try to get something to lessen the feeling though...SI is insane with jumping

Danby

Danby

Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Aug 13, 2024
No. I don't want to think about it on the way down. I suppose I could get drunk first to lessen the fear . . .

cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
No I am scared of heights. I would find some other option

attheend13

attheend13

Oct 1, 2023
I was the same. Have been on the edge/over the railings 5 times and couldn't do it any of those times. It's like my brain wanted to, but I couldn't physically jump, it's awful.
I live on the top floor of my building it's the 30th floor but actually the building is 26 floors there's no number 4s in the building. I think about jumping every day. Then when my boyfriend suggests looking over the rail I'm so scared to look I can barely do it. My biggest fear isn't jumping it's getting on the rail and not jumping and dealing with the consequences. I can't do that to my daughter or my boyfriend. It's not their fault I am what I am. Which leaves a bridge but then I have to be deliberate. And why wouldn't I? Some sick pathetic hope people will suddenly care?

possessed

possessed

Aug 10, 2024
If I could find such a tall place (250m to 300m), I'll definitely do it.

warriorkot

warriorkot

enjoy the unknown
Sep 20, 2023
i would, it would just have to be tall enough. i've often thought about it, i don't have many other options

Emeralds

Emeralds

Aug 29, 2024
I doubt I would be able to jump because I am afraid of heights. I would really have to be very desperate to be able to jump. I think the only way I would be able to go through with it would be to jump immediately when I got there. If I looked down or stopped to think what I was doing, I would be too scared.

Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
If there was really no other option I might. I have been on several ledges thinking to jump though and never did. I think I would have to trick myself into it, like others said get drunk, and probably also close my eyes, run at the ledge while thinking about something bad that happened to me, and trick myself into thinking I'm jumping in water right below. But SI is really powerful it seems.

J

JR_Timm

Sep 10, 2024
If opportunity present itself I will probably make a run for it for sure. But it has to be very high place, very scared of ending up messed up and paralyzed.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc