Weebster

Weebster

Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022
It seems uncomfortable. Stepping outside my comfort zone is hard and it's hard for me to react when an attractive woman shows interest which is pretty often. I have low self esteem because of the childhood abuse

I sabotaged past encounters because I felt I didn't deserve to get what I want.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja, 710 and Circles
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
I've tried numerous of times going to bars and every time my social anxiety kicks into gear. So I don't know how to be social in such a social environment. It's like impossible to understand how normal people are 'able' to just do it themselves.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, 710, lofticries and 3 others
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
I've tried numerous of times going to bars and every time my social anxiety kicks into gear. So I don't know how to be social in such a social environment. It's like impossible to understand how normal people are 'able' to just do it themselves.
Are you a guy or a girl?

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
It is. For me anyway. But can you share some of that "attractive peeple showing interest in you often" with me because I experience the exact opposite and that's taking all of my hope for life away... I didn't think I was that fugly but I guess I must be. So it's not like I'm qualified for giving any advice but since I thought of possibly helful stuff, here you go anyway.

Anyway it's easier if it's a themed bar based on something you're interested in, for instance a gaming bar, where you can have an excuse for interacting with people / are put in a situation where you interact with others during games, meetings, whatever.

In a normal bar I have dreamed of brainwashing myself into just being natural with people and talking with them freely without taking my self perception in consideration at all (might be ruined by my fuglyness or awkwardness but might work otherwise). Maybe start by asking if it's ok to talk to them in a friendly way, just focusing on appreciating other people and not on yourself at all.

Now I've been dying too much to try it out but in some places like associative bars people might be more open to a direct approach and less judgemental overall. Otherwise maybe try to sit / stand next to someone and find an excuse to ask them something then start a conversation.

The point is to try and forget yourself, at least your trauma, past negative experiences, maybe get to a point where you feel decently confortable with yourself if you can but focusing on the place, the experience, and the people more than yourself can help take the anxiety away and make you more natural and friendly.

Hopefully that can help you feel less stressed about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 710 and Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
It is. For me anyway. But can you share some of that "attractive peeple showing interest in you often" with me because I experience the exact opposite and that's taking all of my hope for life away... I didn't think I was that fugly but I guess I must be. So it's not like I'm qualified for giving any advice but since I thought of possibly helful stuff, here you go anyway.

Anyway it's easier if it's a themed bar based on something you're interested in, for instance a gaming bar, where you can have an excuse for interacting with people / are put in a situation where you interact with others during games, meetings, whatever.

In a normal bar I have dreamed of brainwashing myself into just being natural with people and talking with them freely without taking my self perception in consideration at all (might be ruined by my fuglyness or awkwardness but might work otherwise). Maybe start by asking if it's ok to talk to them in a friendly way, just focusing on appreciating other people and not on yourself at all.

Now I've been dying too much to try it out but in some places like associative bars people might be more open to a direct approach and less judgemental overall. Otherwise maybe try to sit / stand next to someone and find an excuse to ask them something then start a conversation.

The point is to try and forget yourself, at least your trauma, past negative experiences, maybe get to a point where you feel decently confortable with yourself if you can but focusing on the place, the experience, and the people more than yourself can help take the anxiety away and make you more natural and friendly.

Hopefully that can help you feel less stressed about it.
Thanks. I suppose what I can do is swivel my head around and see if any woman is checking me out. Then approach
Ok. Did anyone notice you? Any woman eye you?

NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
if i had a date, i would certainly go, but if you mean go to a bar to meet some random girl there, i wouldn't, due to my past experiences, the chances i have luck there are pretty low.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
if i had a date, i would certainly go, but if you mean go to a bar to meet some random girl there, i wouldn't, due to my past experiences, the chances i have luck there are pretty low.
People meet random people though right? I can't think of anywhere else to do that in this antisocial society.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If it was pre-arranged then maybe but otherwise no. The kind of girl I might like probably wouldn't be in a bar randomly at all in the first place nor would she be interested in meeting me anyway,

Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
Thanks. I suppose what I can do is swivel my head around and see if any woman is checking me out. Then approach

Ok. Did anyone notice you? Any woman eye you?
No problem. I don't think you need her checking you out necessarily. She might not have noticed you or be shy. I know I have a stupid tendency of being intimidated by attractive people... Hence the not focusing on myself. But I would be glad if they approached me even randomly.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Why else do people go to gay bars?

gay GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Trilucid, lofticries and Talvikki
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Sounds like a great way to re-stock on suicide fuel.

• Yay!
Reactions: Hollowman, Someone123 and lofticries
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
If I pre-gamed and was tipsy I could probably do it, but if not, those first few sober brews alone would be pretty brutal. I can only stare at my phone while pretending I'm waiting for someone for so long. Once I'm drunk I can make friends with anyone though.

Reactions: SuicidallyCurious
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
Yes but not to meet other guys this is a bit gay, most bars have people older than me so i feel a little uncomfortable and if i want to meet any girl she needs to be younger than me so 18 and under, today i'm going to do it wish me luck

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
No problem. I don't think you need her checking you out necessarily. She might not have noticed you or be shy. I know I have a stupid tendency of being intimidated by attractive people... Hence the not focusing on myself. But I would be glad if they approached me even randomly.
Now that I think of it I don't know what to say. I can talk to cashier girls well
If I pre-gamed and was tipsy I could probably do it, but if not, those first few sober brews alone would be pretty brutal. I can only stare at my phone while pretending I'm waiting for someone for so long. Once I'm drunk I can make friends with anyone though.
I remember at University that I sat alone once in the cafeteria place and was so self conscious. It was unbearable.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I don't drink but even if I did, no. I'm extremely awkward in social settings. Also just waiting for someone to approach me sounds boring and bit soul crushing if no one does.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and Manaaja
gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
must be nice to have attractive women show interest in you🤣🤣

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
No.1 I wouldn't go to a bar
No.2 I wouldn't hook up at a bar
No.3 I don't want to date anyway, because I am suicidal.

Reactions: gottablast888 and Manaaja
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
No.1 I wouldn't go to a bar
No.2 I wouldn't hook up at a bar
No.3 I don't want to date anyway, because I am suicidal.
Why not a bar? Where would you meet someone if you weren't suicidal? I drive around and the only options are cashier girls, which rarely leads to anything.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
The female janitor at my apartment complex just asked if I wanted to smoke and chill with her.

I said "no, I don't like high maintenance women."

• Yay!
Reactions: SuicidallyCurious, Dr Iron Arc and lofticries
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I don't really drink alcohol, so no I wouldn't.

And I'd be too shy to go by myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: lofticries
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The female janitor at my apartment complex just asked if I wanted to smoke and chill with her.

I said "no, I don't like high maintenance women."
Was she hot? Did you boink her in the storage closet?

Last edited:
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Yes. I learned how to dance, not give a fuck, and know when to say no to something. Lot of people at bar try to take advantage of you or try to be your friend when they're going to use you in the end for free drinks or free tickets to whatever concert the club is having. I respect the club dancers, they became club friends later on.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Yes. I learned how to dance, not give a fuck, and know when to say no to something. Lot of people at bar try to take advantage of you or try to be your friend when they're going to use you in the end for free drinks or free tickets to whatever concert the club is having. I respect the club dancers, they became club friends later on.
How do I recognize the users?

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
They cling to you when they want something, and when they don't, they'll avoid you like the plague.
How do i tell the friendly girl looking for sex apart from the user?

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Don't go to the bar or club looking for sex, that's one way to leave being disappointed and it's not fun.

Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
Don't go to the bar or club looking for sex, that's one way to leave being disappointed and it's not fun.
So I won't meet a girl who will be down to go to a hotel or her place? I'm good looking though.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
So I won't meet a girl who will be down to go to a hotel or her place? I'm good looking though.

No. If you're good-looking, switch teams. We're always recruiting & someone is always down to go down on you.

• Yay!
Reactions: Symbiote