• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Q

quiet35

Apr 22, 2019
Despite the need for money, I would never be able to do it. I always could only enjoy eating food alone, don't like when I'm exposed to observation.
What's for using such service, again, no. I almost sense how others are eating, that sensitivity cannot be decreased or ignored (I tried a lot in the past). I prefer non-interactive communication using messages - that's why I'm here.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I would do it in a heartbeat. Chubby, cranky, older woman that swears too much, and eats utter garbage. Someone would pay to watch that!
i always have some sick part of me that goes,
"yes, I want to meet the weirdo who will pay to see this. this is our destiny. Let's do it."

Reactions: Pilum Muralis
dhk96

dhk96

May 8, 2018
Mukbangs are great, with the right BJ (broadcast jockey) or streamer. It's a live form of interaction so they eat and reply to the messages people type in chat. Sometimes they'll review new foods that come out but most describe the taste of the food, talk about their day/life, and bring in other elements of entertainment in the stream like singing, dancing, etc. A lot of them branch out so they're more like entertainers (e.g. YouTubers) than just people who stream and eat.

With how crappy my social and eating skills are, I could never do what they do. I know a lot of people outside of Korea say "why not just eat with real people?" But I think the idea that conversation can be easier behind a screen and on keyboard is pretty universal. It can also be more convenient time-wise, and also for those who want to try something out or are on a diet, they leave it to the BJ to eat for them.

If you're good looking (and Korean), you'll likely do decent as a BJ since Korea is very, very superficial when it comes to appearance. But charisma and being able to "eat well" (make things look appetizing when you're eating) are very important.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
Mukbangs are great, with the right BJ (broadcast jockey) or streamer. It's a live form of interaction so they eat and reply to the messages people type in chat. Sometimes they'll review new foods that come out but most describe the taste of the food, talk about their day/life, and bring in other elements of entertainment in the stream like singing, dancing, etc. A lot of them branch out so they're more like entertainers (e.g. YouTubers) than just people who stream and eat.

With how crappy my social and eating skills are, I could never do what they do. I know a lot of people outside of Korea say "why not just eat with real people?" But I think the idea that conversation can be easier behind a screen and on keyboard is pretty universal. It can also be more convenient time-wise, and also for those who want to try something out or are on a diet, they leave it to the BJ to eat for them.

If you're good looking (and Korean), you'll likely do decent as a BJ since Korea is very, very superficial when it comes to appearance. But charisma and being able to "eat well" (make things look appetizing when you're eating) are very important.
there have to be some fetishists who will want an American for novelty or to practice their american english. I would add gimmicks keep it weird and make a lifestyle of it.

dhk96

dhk96

May 8, 2018
there have to be some fetishists who will want an American for novelty or to practice their american english. I would add gimmicks keep it weird and make a lifestyle of it.

Well, there are a few white entertainers that Koreans follow so it's not very novel anymore. Not strictly for mukbangs but like Youtubers that enjoy Korean culture and have learned the language and go to/now live in the country. I could only see it going anywhere for them as long as:

1) They're white. Korea isn't a big mixing pot like the rest of the world so discrimination is big, though subtle. It's only in recent times that so many different ethnicities have immigrated there because of jobs or culture (K-pop). Some places are even considered complete foreigner areas because of this.

2) Relatively good-looking. If you're white, as much as I don't like to say it, you'll generally be considered more on the good-looking side even if you look average in America or other western countries.

3) Speak some Korean. Not being able to communicate can only get someone so far when it comes to being an entertainer.

Pilum Muralis

Pilum Muralis

“We'll never be as young as we are tonight.”
Jul 2, 2019
i always have some sick part of me that goes,
"yes, I want to meet the weirdo who will pay to see this. this is our destiny. Let's do it."

Back in the long ago times of AOL, I put in my profile that Beelzebub kept me barefoot and pregnant. Some random guy IM me, wanting to cyber because his fetish was pregnant women. I told him it was a joke, we still chatted....I ended up dating him for 9 years.

Follow your dreams...

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot