Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
The idea feels weird. I normally feel very anxious around other people, so I don't see much comfort in it. I feel if I did click with the person that it'd actually be harder to die.

• Love
Reactions: Salt, Walilamdzi, Sad_Autistic_boy_101 and 1 other person
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I wouldn't consider it. Besides the fact that suicide is a very personal act, to me, a myriad of problems arise in my mind. I'd take no comfort in teaming up.

• Love
Reactions: Walilamdzi, Bzrluvtriangle and Saed
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
No way, that's why I've never posted in the partners thread. Too many variables/things that could go wrong. Death is a pretty personal thing for me as well.

• Love
Reactions: Walilamdzi, Saed and SpottedPanda
B

Bustedhornet

Mar 21, 2020
Nope. I think if you need a partner to ctb then it's probably not your time.

• Love
Reactions: oivoi, Walilamdzi, Close_to_freedom and 1 other person
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
I had entertained the prospect at one point.
Some boffin with a car who really knows what he's doing for CO.
Highly unlikely I'd find one.
People have all kinds of agendas.
Also,they could bottle out at the critical moment,and call for help...

Reactions: itsamadworld and Walilamdzi
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
No way, that's why I've never posted in the partners thread. Too many variables/things that could go wrong. Death is a pretty personal thing for me as well.
What are some things that could go wrong?
I had entertained the prospect at one point.
Some boffin with a car who really knows what he's doing for CO.
Highly unlikely I'd find one.
People have all kinds of agendas.
Also,they could bottle out at the critical moment,and call for help...
I read a news report of a guy and a girl who teamed up in a car with gas. He bolted and she couldn't get out in time.
Nope. I think if you need a partner to ctb then it's probably not your time.
It's a good motivator though.

Reactions: Saed
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
Yes, I would. I've always wanted a partner to do it with. I've been alone for my entire life already, and it would be nice to spend my last few moments with someone I connect with on some level. But it's mostly a fantasy as CTB partnership is not very feasible in reality.

Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, itsamadworld and casctb
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
They could call emergency services on you. Or seek to exploit you in some way.
So they could be a secret pro-lifer in sheep's clothing? :O
Yes, I would. I've always wanted a partner to do it with. I've been alone for my entire life already, and it would be nice to spend my last few moments with someone I connect with on some level. But it's mostly a fantasy as CTB partnership is not very feasible in reality.
Same here. I had friends growing up though. A partner could remind me of the old days.

SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
The thing that stands out in my mind is one of the two surviving and ending up having to explain matters to the police.

Or, like has been mentioned, depending on the method, one party could call for help, having buyer's remorse, and leave the other one potentially brain dead.

Reactions: casctb and Saed
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
The thing that stands out in my mind is one of the two surviving and ending up having to explain matters to the police.

Or, like has been mentioned, depending on the method, one party could call for help, having buyer's remorse, and leave the other one potentially brain dead.
In theory, how could a partner sabotage a jumping plan? I suppose jumping first might make the second person suddenly too nervous lol.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
See I am torn on this, In some ways hell to the know, in case they either back out, turn out to be someone they don't claim to be or whatver,
On the second hand, if I could build a trust with someone, were we both knew 110% what was going down, then I would be happy to, but I would need strong confidence in them, chats, proof etc.
IF I was to go with a partner it would have to be SN, no other option. If I go alone, i am jumping

• Love
Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, VabeniPokojneTmy and casctb
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
See I am torn on this, In some ways hell to the know, in case they either back out, turn out to be someone they don't claim to be or whatver,
On the second hand, if I could build a trust with someone, were we both knew 110% what was going down, then I would be happy to, but I would need strong confidence in them, chats, proof etc.
IF I was to go with a partner it would have to be SN, no other option. If I go alone, i am jumping
Yeah I also have trust issues.

When you jump, will you fall forward or backward? I can't decide which.

• Love
Reactions: 262653
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I could build trust, but it would need to be one built over time, but time I don't have.

Reactions: mx5nb3 and 262653
HadesOfPurple

HadesOfPurple

Rummy odd-eyed cat
May 19, 2020

It's a romantic idea, innit?
But personally, no. Even if I had friends, I would like to ctb alone. My death is as precious to me as my life could be under different circumstances, but whereas I could share life to a degree with friends, I would not want to share my death with anyone. I suppose I am a pronounced individual. It's like, it's my play, it's my exit scene, and the door's not big enough for anyone else to steal my glamorous egress, I guess. I'm a very possessive person, not of people, but of beloved objects, books, moments, so I would not want to share my death with anyone. I hope I made some sense. Very interesting question ;)

Reactions: VabeniPokojneTmy
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
I consider suicide as an intimate act, so I don't consider to take any partner to do so, specially if he / she disagrees with my method (Hanging). Also I don't want to be judged as an fail love suicide, so in any scenario I discard a partner.

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I consider suicide as an intimate act, so I don't consider to take any partner to do so, specially if he / she disagrees with my method (Hanging). Also I don't want to be judged as an fail love suicide, so in any scenario I discard a partner.
Fail love suicide?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
No. It's dangerous. Open to abuse. Legal issues.

Reactions: completelyincomplete, coldeyes, 262653 and 1 other person
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
How would you build trust?

Honestly I don't know, gut instinct tells me to find some here, read their posts, watch their consistency, mail them, chat to them over a course of time, question their motives, move to social media, or some other form of communication, live chat with them, potentially met them once, look for honesty and openness,
I have serious trust issues as is, so maybe Im over caustious, but if someone is serious about this, they would accpe thte above

Reactions: ERASED, Lorntroubles and casctb
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
It depends if they lived near me and it depends on the method. But I would be afraid of a set up like the police arresting me or other problems.

Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, mx5nb3, casctb and 1 other person
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
It depends if they lived near me and it depends on the method. But I would be afraid of a set up like the police arresting me or other problems.
Or a cereal killer

Claudia

Claudia

Student
Jun 21, 2020
I wouldn't want a partner as in a person to ctb with me, but I like to be close with somebody with the same ideation as me. So a ctb partner in the emotional sense, not as a physical presence when the time comes. I think that can be a very intimate thing, like that's the only person you can speak to about plans etc. And knowing they would probably be the last person I'd speak to before I do it and they wouldn't stop me.

• Love
Reactions: itsamadworld, VabeniPokojneTmy and casctb

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I like the idea, but it will probably stay on the dream stage. As previous commenters have pointed out, it's too risky and takes way more trust than I'm willing to give.

I just recently watched a Black Mirror episode (can you imagine, suicide appears in almost every episode; very unusal for something so popular and highly-praised), and there was a scene I really loved... I don't know if I should spoil it for people who will read this comment before watching it, but people who did probably also get the idea. That was imo the most romantic scene I've ever seen in a work of fiction, and I kinda wish it would happen to me.

Reactions: itsamadworld
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
I like the idea, but it will probably stay on the dream stage. As previous commenters have pointed out, it's too risky and takes way more trust than I'm willing to give.

I just recently watched a Black Mirror episode (can you imagine, suicide appears in almost every episode; very unusal for something so popular and highly-praised), and there was a scene I really loved... I don't know if I should spoil it for people who will read this comment before watching it, but people who did probably also get the idea. That was imo the most romantic scene I've ever seen in a work of fiction, and I kinda wish it would happen to me.
That pig fucking episode turned me off the show.

• Hugs

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
That pig fucking episode turned me off the show.

That was the only episode I regret watching. Okay, not the only one... I wish someone could say to me: skip to the second, don't watch this shit. Well I'm here and I'm telling everyone, who might get interested in this TV show but didn't watch it yet, to skip the first episode if you feel you're being fed with shit, because chances are that you are. I don't know why they decided to put it in, but it differs greatly from all the others... maybe they wanted to make a contrast between the way the world is now and the way it could be.

I also don't encourage watching it either. Just because we both didn't liked the first episode doesn't mean you'll like all episodes that I liked, obviously.

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

May 19, 2020
That was the only episode I regret watching. Okay, not the only one... I wish someone could say to me: skip to the second, don't watch this shit. Well I'm here and I'm telling everyone, who might get interested in this TV show but didn't watch it yet, to skip the first episode if you feel you're being fed with shit, because chances are that you are. I don't know why they decided to put it in, but it differs greatly from all the others... maybe they wanted to make a contrast between the way the world is now and the way it could be.

I also don't encourage watching it either. Just because we both didn't liked the first episode doesn't mean you'll like all episodes that I liked, obviously.
Watch Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams. It's better.

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
If I didn't have a fear of leaving my house on my own and having obsessive parents then hell yeah I would!
Be nice just to have some final meaningful contact before going. Maybe drink the night away and do weed beforehand and just have a good time before going. That would be so peaceful.

Reactions: ERASED, itsamadworld and VabeniPokojneTmy
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
When I leave, I want to go alone. I don't know why really. I see it as my personal journey, I guess.

Reactions: tryingtoescape and completelyincomplete