• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

The.End

The.End

This too shall pass
May 18, 2019
Hypothetically speaking, if you could, would you delete the whole universe instead of CTB?

Deleting the universe would mean no more suffering for anybody.

• Love
Reactions: Egddios, puppy9, ExitTheDay and 9 others
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
no, why? everything dies anyways? i would just make society more rational, so people could ctb easier, etc

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kassender, not_a_robot and 5 others
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I would. It would've been better if humanity hadn't evolved to the point of self-awareness. Then again, there are people who probably want to live and I'd be taking that away. However, if you erased everyone at the same time, then no pain would be inflicted onto anyone and everyone would return to the state of non-existence where nothing will matter.

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Jojo81, Sunset Limited, not_a_robot and 11 others
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
If I could without anyone knowing it, it being over instantly and with zero pain for anybody I would yes. Without a doubt. It would end the horror and pain that is so widespread and springs from causes inseparable of life itself and prevent any further horror and pain from arising. Hopefully forever.

Even one single person experiencing great pain is too heavy a price for millions living in happiness (which is probably not even true but that's another discussion altogether) and I don't consider life ending instantly without any discomfort at all to be a great harm to anyone. Of course some people would still foolishly claim they'd rather live out their natural life and die horribly than it being over right this instant with no pain whatsoever.

Of course with the universe gone all intelligent life would be gone aswell so there would be no-one to debate the morality of the action after the fact.

This is aking to the question: would you have killed Hitler if it meant blowing up a whole stadium of supporters (many of them women and children) aswell? To me the answer tot that question would be hell yes since it would have prevented so much horror the decision would be obvious. Even as I'd likely be wrecked with guilt afterwards and would probably take my own life because of it.

I have no doubt some will greatly disagree with me on this and call me insensitive and immoral. So be it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jojo81, Sunset Limited, Righttodie and 9 others
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
Surely the whole universe is a bit extreme. Wouldn't destroying the earth achieve the same objective? Or simply deleting the human race?

It seems rather unfair to destroy all those other life forms on all those other planets. They may have already solved the problem of suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Sunset Limited, pole, crimea_river and 7 others
W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
anti-natalism always seemed very christian and overly sentimental in its emphasis and perverse infatuation with (the tragedy and allure of) pain. dunno, i guess I still hope evolution of civilization is possible. anti-n doesnt seem immoral to me, it seems overly moralistic. like, 'LOOK, NOONE should ever suffer like I DID, I'f I cant have meaning in my life, no-one should'. on the other hand, perspectivism is much better - saying we are vastly different from one another, and the range of experience is extremely diverse - true hapiness and bliss is as real and present on earth as suffering and anguish - or if that seems too much, none of them are really that important, neither bliss nor suffering, its just human egotism that makes them seem so important, dramatic, cosmically relevant

Reactions: C14, deflagrat and Superfluous
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
yes of course

• Love
Reactions: Circles, NoOneKnows and suffering
Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
I'd rather delete myself

Reactions: Élégie, LastFlowers, CuriousAboutThis and 8 others
Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Just myself. I know from happier times that there are people who want their lives. I don't feel qualified to decide for the universe all of life and death.

Reactions: Kassender, Circles, whatever1111 and 4 others
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
I wouldn't. I see other people having fun with their lifes. I can't take it away from them. I wish I could take part.

Reactions: alexithymia, quiet35, Circles and 2 others
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
I wouldn't delete the entire universe.
Just bc Earth sucks doesn't mean there isn't some kind of awesome alien species out there. I wouldn't even destroy Earth for that matter. I feel that self destruction is enough for me, no need to be a buzz kill for the entire population.

Reactions: Circles and whatever1111
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
If I had the ability, I would want to put the world out of its misery, since I'm a pessimist and believe that the suffering in this world surpasses any happiness. Just this planet though, not the entire universe. Then again, I would never want the power to destroy this world and would rather let nature take its course.

Reactions: AutumnEmbers, Circles and Chalken
W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
Never. It's not my place to decide the fate of billions of people and life forms on this planet. I can't project my misery upon others and call it righteous.

Reactions: quiet35, whatever1111, deflagrat and 2 others
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Hypothetically speaking, if you could, would you delete the whole universe instead of CTB?

Nope. You may be able to create some sort of arguement about humans generally being dicks but the planet but animal and plant life etc get a kinda raw deal here no?
Don't know many animals that are c***s in the same way as humans.
DBD

Reactions: _milo and not_a_robot
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I would rather just delete myself and make sure I never existed.

Although on days I have to deal with going out in public yes I feel like just deleting the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojo81 and Circles
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
anti-natalism always seemed very christian and overly sentimental in its emphasis and perverse infatuation with (the tragedy and allure of) pain. dunno, i guess I still hope evolution of civilization is possible. anti-n doesnt seem immoral to me, it seems overly moralistic. like, 'LOOK, NOONE should ever suffer like I DID, I'f I cant have meaning in my life, no-one should'. on the other hand, perspectivism is much better - saying we are vastly different from one another, and the range of experience is extremely diverse - true hapiness and bliss is as real and present on earth as suffering and anguish - or if that seems too much, none of them are really that important, neither bliss nor suffering, its just human egotism that makes them seem so important, dramatic, cosmically relevant

Anti-natalism has nothing to do with christianity at large: "Go forth and multiply" (Genesis 9:7) has been the credo of the church for millenia.

"perverse infatuation with (the tragedy and allure of) pain."

That is plain nonsense and nothing but empty rhetoric: antinatalism recognises the reality and omnipresence of suffering, contrasts it with non-being and draws an ethical conclusion from it regarding procreation. You mistake antinatalism for sadism and masochism.

'Overly sentimental': how callous does one have to be to categorize calling attention to the 31 million children who by malnutrition each year alone (UNICEF number for 2018) 'overly sentimental'? Or any form of great suffering and injustice for that matter. Do you care about nothing at all and do you feel nothing if you witness others' suffering?

"perspectivism is much better"

Physical and mental pain is universal and transcends barriers of time, space, culture and individual differences. Pain is essential to human existence and we've all felt it: to say it depends on the individual amounts to denying everyone has the same highly developed nervous system and an active mind and thus the capacity for great suffering. 'Perspectivism' is pure egocentrism and gleefully mocking of others' pain because one isn't at the moment suffering the same fate. Wait your turn and you'll quickly realize the folly of your view on this.

Aninatalism is a coherent philosophical position that does not rest on any individualistic perspective nor on the denial of the possibility of happiness. If you're going to criticze something at least know what it's about.

"none of them are really that important, bliss nor suffering, its just human egotism that makes them seem so important, dramatic, cosmically relevant"

I'm sorry but that's just dumb, pseudo-spiritual BS and a completely heartless, callous mockery of the very real suffering on this forum alone let alone the world over. In Buddhism there are several stories of supposedly enlightened monks (they were proclaimed by Buddha himself as having attained final Nirvana after their death) who slit their own throats to escape various terminal illnesses that caused them great pain but I'm sure you're more enlightened than they were and it'll all be nothing when you get to waste away from cancer or any horrible disease that causes great suffering.

Do you really think the Holocaust/Shoa to name just one example is 'cosmically irrelevant'? Whatever that may mean: the cosmos isn't a living being and we can't take that position. Not to mention the fact that we are the pinnacle of what the cosmos has to offer since as far as we know we're the only species able to make such abstract value judgements. Would you really call the completely inhumane, absolutely unjust, unimaginable suffering of millions on millions of innocent merely trivial? That is the consequence of an attitude such as yours which amounts to nothing more than the simple, unqualified denial of the reality and heavy burden of suffering which cannot possibly be reasoned away on anyone it touches.

Take a hammer, hit your thumb with it as hard as you can and tell me pain is 'cosmically irrelevant' and it's just human egotism that causes you to behave as if it actually mattered.

Whether or not you realize it you're clearly an optimist. Yet you're a member of a suicide forum: seems rather contradictory, doesn't it? Why would anyone even think of suicide if pain doesn't really matter and can easily be overcome by taking a lofty perspective?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Soul, AutumnEmbers, Ἡγησίας and 5 others
ZixivaldYrxes

ZixivaldYrxes

Archduke Demoness Villaintropic
Apr 3, 2019
I don't know about the whole universe but this planet at the very least

Reactions: Circles
weargon

weargon

Experienced
Apr 20, 2019
Zero it. Wipe it. Delete it 10x over, just in case.

Reactions: OceanBlue, woxihuanni, retarddd and 2 others
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Yes I would, or at east I¿'d delete all life. The natural state of the universe is death, and eventually will return to it, but meanwhile this aberration call life exists which alters the universe for worse.

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot, AutumnEmbers and Circles
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018

Sure, y not?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cold and Circles
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wouldn't because that would be violating the free will and freedom of all the other sentient and non-human life forms in the universe. Also, I would rather just make myself not exist, never born to begin with.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Circles
Lost Soul

Lost Soul

Unreachable dreams, broken hearts
May 13, 2019
Short answer: no.

W

whatever1111

Student
Feb 16, 2019
Anti-natalism has nothing to do with christianity at large: "Go forth and multiply" (Genesis 9:7) has been the credo of the church for millenia.

"perverse infatuation with (the tragedy and allure of) pain."

That is plain nonsense and nothing but empty rhetoric: antinatalism recognises the reality and omnipresence of suffering, contrasts it with non-being and draws an ethical conclusion from it regarding procreation. You mistake antinatalism for sadism and masochism.

'Overly sentimental': how callous does one have to be to categorize calling attention to the 31 million children who by malnutrition each year alone (UNICEF number for 2018) 'overly sentimental'? Or any form of great suffering and injustice for that matter. Do you care about nothing at all and do you feel nothing if you witness others' suffering?

"perspectivism is much better"

Physical and mental pain is universal and transcends barriers of time, space, culture and individual differences. Pain is essential to human existence and we've all felt it: to say it depends on the individual amounts to denying everyone has the same highly developed nervous system and an active mind and thus the capacity for great suffering. 'Perspectivism' is pure egocentrism and gleefully mocking of others' pain because one isn't at the moment suffering the same fate. Wait your turn and you'll quickly realize the folly of your view on this.

Aninatalism is a coherent philosophical position that does not rest on any individualistic perspective nor on the denial of the possibility of happiness. If you're going to criticze something at least know what it's about.

"none of them are really that important, bliss nor suffering, its just human egotism that makes them seem so important, dramatic, cosmically relevant"

I'm sorry but that's just dumb, pseudo-spiritual BS and a completely heartless, callous mockery of the very real suffering on this forum alone let alone the world over. In Buddhism there are several stories of supposedly enlightened monks (they were proclaimed by Buddha himself as having attained final Nirvana after their death) who slit their own throats to escape various terminal illnesses that caused them great pain but I'm sure you're more enlightened than they were and it'll all be nothing when you get to waste away from cancer or any horrible disease that causes great suffering.

Do you really think the Holocaust/Shoa to name just one example is 'cosmically irrelevant'? Whatever that may mean: the cosmos isn't a living being and we can't take that position. Not to mention the fact that we are the pinnacle of what the cosmos has to offer since as far as we know we're the only species able to make such abstract value judgements. Would you really call the completely inhumane, absolutely unjust, unimaginable suffering of millions on millions of innocent merely trivial? That is the consequence of an attitude such as yours which amounts to nothing more than the simple, unqualified denial of the reality and heavy burden of suffering which cannot possibly be reasoned away on anyone it touches.

Take a hammer, hit your thumb with it as hard as you can and tell me pain is 'cosmically irrelevant' and it's just human egotism that causes you to behave as if it actually mattered.

Whether or not you realize it you're clearly an optimist. Yet you're a member of a suicide forum: seems rather contradictory, doesn't it? Why would anyone even think of suicide if pain doesn't really matter and can easily be overcome by taking a lofty perspective?
wow you're really butthurt, buddha. thanks for proving my point

Last edited:
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
I would only delete the power and societal structures that keep people wanting to kill themselves in the first place. The world needs a huge reset. It could be an almost Utopia compared to how it is now but not with the ways things are set up. The parasitical forces have too much control.

Reactions: CursedForDisaster, Circles and whatever1111
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
You see if the universe is truly infinite and lasts forever via a multiverse or whatever, it's not hard to imagine that we may have already lived our lives and will keeping getting born into the same life over and over again via eternal recurrence perhaps even with an infinite number of different variations of us in different universes. And not to mention that maybe all life in the universe is ONE life kinda like in the Egg story( https://lonerwolf.com/the-egg-by-andy-weir/ ) where you're basically everything and you live and die experiencing and suffering through every living being's life in the entirety of existence. And before you say anything, we truly don't know anything for sure about all of reality, life and death. Ever have deja vu? We can't know for certain cause we can't remember. Another thought of mine is the nonexistence that we experience in death may technically last forever from our perspective but have you ever fallen asleep for a long time and woken up feeling like time flew by? Talk about a drag. To finally be at peace and it all flies by like some mere nap? This shit is what truly frightens me and keeps me awake at night. So back to the question given how this may possible and with an infinite possibilies where suffering exists and countless beings forced to be born without consent, then YES, I would most definitely delete this whole fucking shit show. How else can we be for certain that everything including us can truly finally end and be gone for good? We can only finally rest if everything ends.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AutumnEmbers, The.End, Lost Soul and 1 other person
R

retarddd

Aug 10, 2018
Yes, everything in existence was a mistake.

Reactions: OceanBlue, throwaway777, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
U

Ukmale

Student
Sep 23, 2018
No probably not. Would rather just delete myself.

Reactions: Circles and throwaway777
maka

maka

iTaukei Mushroom
Apr 23, 2019
No because the universe is beautiful. It's the people that fucked this lovely-ass world up to the point of no return.

Reactions: Circles and CursedForDisaster
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019
YES .but would prefer for some sort of virus that made everyone sterile , so in 120 years there would be no humans left and mother nature could take back the earth and heal (loved this documentary )https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1433058/

• Love
Reactions: not_a_robot, Circles and crimea_river
C

CursedForDisaster

Student
Apr 1, 2019
No way, for every terrible thing we experience there's something great someone else is experiencing... I couldn't take that away, it'd be selfish...Our universe is a strange but beautiful mystery that should be appreciated, though respected..If I had the power to turn off the universe I'd try to use that energy to find a solution to my own mental turmoil. We as individual can choose if we want to quit or not, what you're considering is mass murder to the point of extinction, the extinction of good, bad, love, hate, life, death, time... and for what? The same outcome that you'd get if you just ended yourself..