GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Yes, if that person and I fell in love, I woud definitely date him.

But I think a monkey has a better chance of writing a Shakespearean play than I do finding love.

I sense from this that you're limiting yourself.

It takes a room full of monkeys. Of course one isn't going to do it.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, deadgirlahsatan, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I won't ever date anyone, PERIOD. The reason is that I don't want to bring some new person into my life who will be affected by my inevitable suicide. If they are depressed like me, maybe we could understand each other better than most, but we would still bring each other down with our own negativity. If either one of us died before the other, than whoever is left behind would be worse off for it.

It's not worth the risk, imo. I'm better off being alone.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 19654, _Minsk and 4 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I sense from this that you're limiting yourself.

It takes a room full of monkeys. Of course one isn't going to do it.

And just like that I got a taste of SN (salty tears as my lips burst in a little smile).

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, deadgirlahsatan, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
Lucifer'sRight

Lucifer'sRight

Experienced
Feb 4, 2020
yes, we could kill ourselves together. Together forever ♡

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, TheSomebody, _Minsk and 2 others
casctb

casctb

Stubborn idiot that gives up too easily
Jun 7, 2020
yes, we could kill ourselves together. Together forever ♡
Yeah same. I would only date someone suicidal because they're the only ones who can understand me and we can go together

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, deadgirlahsatan and Lucifer'sRight
DeadAimz

DeadAimz

Aug 21, 2018
I started dating somebody before I knew they were suicidal and had other mental illnesses. Since finding out, he talks about it a lot and goes through moments of intense depression and tenancies. I don't want to sound selfish, but it does make things really hard for me and has made me feel more suicidal because not only do I have to deal with my own depression and suicidal tenancies, but also another. When he is depressed it makes me feel like shit. I would not leave him because of this because I am in love, but it is a struggle.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573, _Minsk and deadgirlahsatan
D

dundyfundy

Aug 4, 2019
I would. Battling depression/suicide would allow me to better understand her. I don't mind listening or talking through things, and I don't generally unload on people, so wouldn't weight down my partner. I would hope we could help each other and get better, survive.

I think if she would just be there for me that would be enough, hold and hug on the tougher days. I could help her by her not having to work if that's causing issues with recovery for her, could travel abroad often if wanted, or stay in - great at planning outdoor and staying-in activities. Also introduce her to some of my friends if she needed a new friends circle. Help her doing any day to day chores, if she is struggling with shopping, or going out, or going to a therapist if it's something she would like. Or just talking through and listening for hours.

Despite being depressed and having suicide on my mind, I am very upbeat and people say happy day to day, so I don't think I would wear down my partner with my thoughts, and other than that have my shit in life together. Being of the similar mind would allow us to connect and understand each other fully, knowing that sometimes there is no right thing to say but just listen, I think it would be very helpful for both.

• Love
Reactions: AynoTnTime, TheSomebody, _Minsk and 2 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
as much as i'd love to feel love again, i would decline. i don't want to hurt another person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 19654, TimeToBiteTheDust, deadgirlahsatan and 1 other person
win32

win32

I did it for me.
Mar 26, 2020
If out of nowhere a person appears, being interested in you/being with you, would go for it?
and what would you think in that kind of scenario?

for a time i dated someone who was MUCH more depressed than me, and moderately suicidal. we were both happy for awhile (with the relationship, not in general), and eventually broke up for entirely unrelated reasons.

• Hugs
Reactions: deadgirlahsatan and _Minsk
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I think I would chose not to date, because right now I just want to kill myself.
Same. I am not interested in being in a relationship anymore. The less people around me the better.

Reactions: Niirvana, Meditation guide, _Minsk and 1 other person
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
no but I say no only because my long term relationship broke down a few months ago so I'm depressed.
they do say you can only truly love someone once you love yourself first

This is definitely not true. You can learn to love yourself after loving someone else.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, _Minsk and dundyfundy
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Sure. At least they'd understand me better than the average person

Reactions: Ghost2211 and _Minsk
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
The real question is whether she would date me. lol
im a freak.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk
A

AynoTnTime

Earthling.
Aug 31, 2020
If out of nowhere a person appears, being interested in you/being with you, would go for it?
and what would you think in that kind of scenario?

Sure, if we made each other's lives better,and other qualifications.

Vannillahh

Vannillahh

Hope you have a happy life.
Sep 29, 2020
I've dated somebody depressed and suicidal, it didn't go very well as I have always been a very draining person, negative and ignorant. It did hurt to see how they felt the same way as me, however, I couldn't really help them as I couldn't help myself either. It wasn't a very balanced relationship and it was deemed to end. It would be useless to date somebody as helpless and lost as you. But it is a nice feeling to care and worry for someone, not as good when you can't help them though. Hope they have a happy life.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Sure, why not. It would be a bit silly of me to not want someone just for being depressed and suicidal since I am as well.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I've always been very self sacrificing if I like someone so yeh I probably would.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
First I'd ask her what are her intentions, why me and what she's expecting, and maybe do the same myself. Generally, yeah. I don't see it being any more dangerous than a regular date of non-suicidals, aside from possible legal consequences... maybe we shouldn't say anything about our plans and encouragement, in a way that can be used against us. You know, keep the job and the personal life separate.

Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I would even date a mannequin at this point

Reactions: Meditation guide
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I did for like 6 months and she was even a member here at one point. She went on to recover and we parted ways, I wish her the best, we're still friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573