Mar 22, 2020
No way. That would be really mean.

• Love
Reactions: Defenestration, Ashley_1988, Blue Rose and 7 others
L

Loser47

Student
Jan 14, 2021
If I have a child I won't CTB at all, bringing a kid into this world then leaving them like this, that's just not right

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ButterflyKilled, Fthis, DetachedDreamer97 and 6 others
N

needaplan

Student
Jan 31, 2020
If I have a child I won't CTB at all, bringing a kid into this world then leaving them like this, that's just not right
I guess it will have an unknown impact

• Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I would probably never ctb if I had a child. That's also one of the reasons why I'd rather not have one.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, sadgirl2002, ButterflyKilled and 10 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I would never bring an innocent soul into this meatgrinder moshpit. But if I had a kid I would at least take them out humanely before offing myself.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Mentalmick, Fthis, nohopeforethefuture and 4 others
Blue Rose

Blue Rose

Student
Feb 6, 2021
No, Never. I have no children, but I can imagine my pitiful children who must endure their extreme agony until their death.

it would be ridiculous or two-faced someone. But I think. As a pro-choicer or mild & passive pro-mortalist, we should not break 'the minimum rules' in our life.

Our right and liberty are dignified. AND those who are pro-lifer and those who are not pro-choicer have their dignified right and liberty. We should not trample over them.

Reactions: Fthis and mrscat
N

needaplan

Student
Jan 31, 2020
I would never bring an innocent soul into this meatgrinder moshpit. But if I had a kid I would at least take them out humanely before offing myself.
"take them out humanely" what does that even mean? oO

• Yay!
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
"take them out humanely" what does that even mean? oO
Whatever you want it to mean :) Most likely "take them outside" before I kill myself.

Reactions: Mentalmick
N

needaplan

Student
Jan 31, 2020
I just hope the remaining family members are not miserable after that,
someone wrote that the timing might have been the point and that the person just had the mood and opportunity to do it that day

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I just hope the remaining family members are not miserable after that,
someone wrote that the timing might have been the point and that the person just had the mood and opportunity to do it that day
It would be a birthday to remember, definitely.

M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
Absolutely not. I considered ending my life on the anniversary of my mother's death, but after my eldest niece was born, almost to the day, I decided against that as it would hurt her - she's only eight now. If I couldn't do it to my niece, I couldn't do it to my daughter.

Reactions: needaplan, DetachedDreamer97 and CC123
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
Friendly reminder not all of us on here have been suicidal / had awful existences our whole life. When I had kids my life was amazing. Fast forward 10 years and now it's time to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: angelfeather, Buffy5120, DetachedDreamer97 and 1 other person
sorella santini

sorella santini

Jan 19, 2021
I would never ever even think about doing that. They are the only things keeping me alive right now..

Reactions: needaplan and DetachedDreamer97
olieolieoxenfree

olieolieoxenfree

Dec 29, 2020
I don't believe in morals too much, but that's f'ed up. Lol

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, Pony and BluesRunTheGame
UselessMF

UselessMF

Dec 4, 2020
I would never ever even think about doing that. They are the only things keeping me alive right now..
Same thing here, constant fight in my mind between my love for them and my desire to end it all.
Friendly reminder not all of us on here have been suicidal / had awful existences our whole life. When I had kids my life was amazing. Fast forward 10 years and now it's time to CTB.
Exactly and to add to your comment is it more moral for a young person to ctb and leave parents and family behind or a parent ctb leaving is child behind ? Thats a question that no one have the real answer since moral is not the same for everyone.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97 and jakaka
imsorrythatimhere

imsorrythatimhere

They/He
Jan 18, 2021
If I had a kid I'd never CTB. Leaving a child like that is horrible. (Unless I was that shitty of a parent and could somehow ensure that the kid would be happier without me)

Reactions: needaplan, Fthis and DetachedDreamer97
UselessMF

UselessMF

Dec 4, 2020
IF I had a kid I'd never CTB
Almost everybody that have that opinion actually dont have kids. No offense but depression and desire to ctb are not planned years before. Sometimes it's hard to understand others realty.

I agree that every dad or mom should keep fighting for the love of their children but sometimes mental illness is too much overwhelming and you enter some kind of a tunnel vision that no reasons are enough to keep you alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, Callie Arcale, angelfeather and 3 others
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I've been suicidal since early childhood, and have always felt strongly that if I were to choose to have kids, I would also be choosing not to end my life prematurely... particularly while they're young.

I understand that not everyone shares my feelings on this, but ending your life on a child's birthday sends some truly awful messages and would most likely maximize the trauma experienced by that individual. It's a no from me.

Reactions: needaplan, Callie Arcale, Fthis and 2 others
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
No I wouldn't. I'm trying to avoid birthdays in general.

Reactions: needaplan, Fthis and DetachedDreamer97
W’ren

W’ren

Worthless
Oct 28, 2020
I have no children- but i am not going to ctb on anyone's birthday, (in my immediate family) out of respect- even though i was not always shown the respect i should have been shown by certain people...

The way i see it is if one can't avoid birthdays out of love, then at least avoid them out of respect.

Don't mar someone's day of celebration.

But that's my opinion, i understand that others may be seeking to get the person's attention and ctb on their birthday on purpose to cause grief or to prove a point... or to send a message.

• Love
Reactions: Callie Arcale and Fthis
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
You have 364 more days in a year. I don't know what kind of agenda would I have to have to select that particular day and ruin my childs birthday forever. Nah, if you want your own special day, pick your own special day. Don't hijack some other persons birthday. Do it on your own birthday. That seems more appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callie Arcale, Fthis and x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I'm wondering if this is a trick question... like, - if someone answers that they wouldn't even consider ctb on their child's birth date, then why would they even ctb if they HAVE a child?
I can't think of any reason why you would ask this question OP?
Sometimes, and dare I say it, quite often, you say the most ridiculous things!:ehh:
If I had a kid I'd never CTB. Leaving a child like that is horrible. (Unless I was that shitty of a parent and could somehow ensure that the kid would be happier without me)
Are you suggesting that you believe that every single member of SS, don't have children? :ehh:
Whatever you want it to mean :) Most likely "take them outside" before I kill myself.
But that isn't what you meant, is it.

Last edited:
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Now... I may be a selfish... but this is where I draw the line. It would really fuck things up for the child to have his birthday be associated with a relative's death... let alone if that relative is their parent. It'll be like a bad omen. I can only imagine the child would probably be blamed by grieving family members. The words that'll echo in his head is "YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!"

Reactions: Callie Arcale, saltshaker and Fthis
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
Now... I may be a selfish... but this is where I draw the line. It would really fuck things up for the child to have his birthday be associated with a relative's death... let alone if that relative is their parent. It'll be like a bad omen. I can only imagine the child would probably be blamed by grieving family members. The words that'll echo in his head is "YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!"
Hmm, I don't think OP meant 'would you ctb on the day that your child is born', moreso the anniversary of their child's birth.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
If i had a kid and i really hated them maybe. Weird question tbh.

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Hmm, I don't think OP meant 'would you ctb on the day that your child is born', moreso the anniversary of their child's birth.
I know that part... Though either way, it's still about as bad, if not worse.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x