B

Bodydysmorphia34

Oct 31, 2023
Assuming you were to become filthy rich, like on a Kylie Jenner level, would this affect your desire to ctb?

Last edited:
Reactions: MiMif and sserafim
Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
Hm... I think it'd prevent me from wanting to CTB coz I could distract myself much easier if I was crazy rich. I mean, I'm sure I would still want to on some level, but it'd be much easier to distract myself from the desire. Maybe I could go to all sorts of different therapies to solve my trauma better, too?

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
Hell ye, now I'm too poor to afford SN and all that shit :pfff:

todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
For sure. Maybe I'd be even more convinced as I would already be on "top" know for sure that life won't get better.
Not being rich keep my hope of things getting better if I am able to get X or Y

Reactions: whateverr and sserafim
gvmi

gvmi

Losing my sanity, and scared
Nov 9, 2023
I don't think i'd CTB. At least, i'd try other things... More expensive therapy, drugs that could help...

Reactions: Fimbulvetr and crazy world
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
nope, it wouldnt change a thing.
money doesnt mean anything to me.
money wont fix my problems.

but latetly ive been wishing for money....but only for my bf....
considering ive completely changed my beliefs for someone, the exact thing people advise you to not do.......idk how im feeling about that.....

• Love
Reactions: schizochicken, Timelapse, Fimbulvetr and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Assuming you were to become filthy rich, like on a Kylie Jenner level, would this affect your desire to ctb?
Yeah, I would still ctb eventually. I don't want to live past 25. I just don't want to live out my mid 20s and beyond. I have no desire to ever get old. Unfortunately, being filthy rich can't prevent aging and old age.

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, UtopianSoliloquies, ijustwishtodie and 2 others
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I doubt it would matter. I'm broke myself, since I've been on disability for years, but my family has money. Not Kylie Jenner money, but enough to look after my fucked-up ass. The chronic pain, depression, and effects of childhood trauma still eat me up inside. I'm trying to outlive my father, since supposedly if I die first it will kill him. (Debatable, but I don't need shit over it.)

After my dad dies, all bets are off.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fimbulvetr
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Eventually, but not like now where it's looking like I'll have to because of money in a few months.

W

whateverr

Oct 19, 2021
It would just make it easier, I assume

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Turkish_Rose

Turkish_Rose

Garden of Eden enjoyer.
Nov 5, 2023
I don't think i'd CTB. At least, i'd try other things... More expensive therapy, drugs that could help...
Completely unrelated, but I just wanted to say that you have my utmost respect for that Saya profile pic. Based af

Reactions: Fimbulvetr and gvmi
gvmi

gvmi

Losing my sanity, and scared
Nov 9, 2023
Completely unrelated, but I just wanted to say that you have my utmost respect for that Saya profile pic. Based af
Waaaah!! Thanks!! I didn't think anyone would notice!

Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023
Well, it would certainly make it easier to distract myself with frivolities.

As it stands, why continue suffering in the rat race with zero purpose or meaning?

Reactions: voltage268, Timelapse and sserafim
Turkish_Rose

Turkish_Rose

Garden of Eden enjoyer.
Nov 5, 2023
Hahah how could I not, Saya no Uta is my favourite VN :)

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
Monkeyman

Monkeyman

Dec 27, 2022
Maybe not, but I'm not sure. Not having to work and being able to focus on activities I enjoy like art and music would certainly make me feel more like staying alive a bit longer.

Whether or not money can buy happiness is very relative. In my case, maybe I wouldn't be happy but it would certainly give me comfort and ease the pressure in my life, two factors with big roles in my CTB desires. I'd still be lonely, though.

Reactions: sserafim
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Yes as me being poor isn't a main problem for me and isn't why I want to ctb....tho I might indulge myself more before i die

ConcreteCake

ConcreteCake

Oct 25, 2023
I don't think so. Probably would have enjoyed my life like those people who go to nightclubs, use all kinds of illicit substances to try to fill the internal emptiness and died of an overdose when I was young. It was never about money, but about a shadow that grows since childhood, something that no one and no treatment has managed to diminish in more than a decade.

Turkish_Rose

Turkish_Rose

Garden of Eden enjoyer.
Nov 5, 2023
Mine is as well, that's really cool <3 These types of things brighten up my day
That's so cool! I'm glad to hear that it brightened up your day :). If you wanna talk about Saya (I love discussing it lmao) or anything else, you're free to PM me!

Fimbulvetr

Fimbulvetr

Nov 7, 2023
I can't play her VN due to the noncon, but I have a friend who cares very deeply for Saya so I also wanna say I appreciate your icon 🥰 maybe someday I can play it

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It would prolong it I imagine. The root cause of me wanting to CTB comes down to money. Still- there are things money can't buy. I wouldn't want to put up with illness.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes I want to kill myself.

Not having money makes everything a billion times worse and more difficult.

But life is so bad that even having a lot of money won't prevent old age , accidents , dementia, cancer many other horrible things that can happen to any human or other sentient animal any day

Just that a human or other sentient animal has the ability to suffer unimaginable extreme unending constant unbearable pain and that there is no guarantee that I won't fall into that trap any day ... Just proves to me DNA based life is bad. I haven't seen an objective reason why I should continue to put up with such risks and I don't think any prolifer can tell me why i have to

I felt like putting "myself" in quotes because imo I'm just a bag of monstrous cells , a monstrous brain in which developed a consciousness that can suffer extreme pain : all this is an unimaginable horror that nobody points out. And I haven't posted everything I thought of. I guess many people even on here think I'm crazy how could I think this and that life is s bad. Of course if I say this irl to normies they'll think I'm crazy

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 65988
StellaSomnus

StellaSomnus

Dormies sicut stellae luceant
Aug 18, 2023
I would only CTB is my wealth couldn't solve my problems.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the stress that affects my mental health can be solved with money, one way or another, though I would not rule out the possibility I would ctb from depression, just like with some celebrity suicides.

• Informative
Reactions: Timelapse and Deleted member 65988
redeyepiranha

redeyepiranha

Jun 22, 2022
Yes because there're a lot of celebrities who ctbed and also many of them who suffer from depression. I guess money isn't everything.

Reactions: Timelapse
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I still would but I'd wait it out a bit longer at least until I get close to reaching old age

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
A few millions USD (2-3 million) and I would abandon my current CTB plan. I don't need to be ultra rich.

That doesn't mean I would not consider CTB later if health issues or other things that can't be cured with money caused life to be unbearable.

D

Deleted member 65988

But life is so bad that even having a lot of money won't prevent old age , accidents , dementia, cancer many other horrible things that can happen to any human or other sentient animal any day
Life is just a brief hellish torment in-between two eternities. As Philip Mainländer said, "Life is hell and the sweet night of death is the end of this hell"

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would always wish to cease existing on my own terms no matter what, I will always see it as preferable to die. I don't see any value in existing as a conscious being burdened with the ability to suffer in this hellish and harmful reality, I only wish for a dreamless, permanent sleep where I'm eternally free from all suffering. All that existence does is create problems there was never a need for in the first place.

beelzebul

beelzebul

(;´д`)ゞ
Oct 10, 2023
more money means more distractions. i would still be depressed, but perhaps not suicidal. it's an interesting thought.

Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

more money means more distractions. i would still be depressed, but perhaps not suicidal. it's an interesting thought.
It can give you more options to explore the possibility of experiencing things you wouldn't have if you didn't have money. Although the novelty will wear off overtime.