NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
Homelessness is increasing in many countries. Poverty is increasing in rich countries. These people have no money and no social contacts. Young people become homeless and old people can not afford to pay the rent. There are people who live as homeless for many years, until they die. I see homeless people every day, they are looking in the garbage, wandering around and some of them are sleeping on the street. Every week I use to see a homeless man with a long beard sitting on a bench. But there are people who commit suicide the day before they will become homeless and I would do the same. What would you do in that situation?

• Love
Reactions: DT2007, DEATH IS FREEDOM, demuic and 9 others
peacefulhorizons

peacefulhorizons

Wizard
Dec 31, 2019
I would ctb no doubt about that. Living is hell already not being homeless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, BeautifulMosaics, demuic and 6 others
noon

noon

tired
Sep 14, 2019
after being homeless for a whole year and being threatened homelessness a month or two ago, I'd ctb if it happened again. the day I was told I'd be kicked out, my immediate thoughts were to ctb, when and how, and that I had to quickly pack/throw away everything I had when the conversation was over.

absolutely, I'd choose death.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brokensaddle, BeautifulMosaics, pthnrdnojvsc and 4 others
A

allwasnotwell

Nov 24, 2020
I find it so baffling that homeless people don't ctb. Like, you've literally got NOTHING. No home, no money, no family/friends who care enough to let you stay with them, yet they still go on living?? Crazy. I would deffo ctb.

• Aww..
Reactions: Brokensaddle, Mthom2, DoneWithLife100 and 5 others
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
No human being should be homeless.
There is no dignity in homelessness.
The suffering, loneliness, abuse and humiliation homeless people go through every day it is not living and nobody should have to live that especially in the advanced age we are living in

• Love
Reactions: eleutheria, myusername890, Brokensaddle and 14 others
Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
yes ctb is better then live alone like that.

Reactions: myusername890, Brokensaddle, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 2 others
cactus

cactus

Life has rode me hard I sometimes get back up.
Jun 27, 2021
I became homeless while working a full time job. My ex kicked me out of our home. I was embarrassed so I did not tell anyone and lived out of my car. I crashed mentally and tried to kill myself. Ended up in psych ward. Homelessness sucked. I don't think I could do it again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, demuic, Lostandlooking and 4 others
Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
I became homeless while working a full time job. My ex kicked me out of our home. I was embarrassed so I did not tell anyone and lived out of my car. I crashed mentally and tried to kill myself. Ended up in psych ward. Homelessness sucked. I don't think I could do it again.
yes being homeless is the baddest thing in this world

Reactions: Snake of Eden, pthnrdnojvsc and Superdeterminist
sunsetting

sunsetting

Jun 9, 2021
Yes, homelessness would only sprinkle a depressed person's life with more misery

Reactions: myusername890, BeautifulMosaics, Zzzzz and 2 others
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I find it so baffling that homeless people don't ctb. Like, you've literally got NOTHING. No home, no money, no family/friends who care enough to let you stay with them, yet they still go on living?? Crazy. I would deffo ctb.
It depends on the person and circumstance. Homeless people come from a range of backgrounds if you read their stories.

There some homeless people that have kids and have that hope of reuniting with them if their situation improves. There loads of homeless mothers and fathers .

There some homeless people who end up making friends on the streets and become a community of their own. I once watched a programme about these homeless women who became friends while meeting on the street. The women were looking out of each other. People can find value in such friendships and continue to live.

Remember there homeless people who suffer from addiction and people who are high on drugs majority of the time are no longer living in reality. Addiction is a vicious cycle of get high and escape reality, then the withdrawal from the high and the user finds more drugs to satisfy his desire the cycle continues.

People find their own reasons for living and that hope or reason is what gets them to wake up in the morning and carry on everyday.
It is so sad the situation
Virtual hug I am so sorry. I glad you are not homeless. Humans were never made for prolonged isolation. Homeless is scary, lonely and sad very dangerous especially for women.

I somertimes envy people my age who are renting and living with their boyfriends because I thought they were successful. I am 24 and live with my parents I do feel like a failure .

I then realise if the persons partner kicks them out and they have no family the person will end up homeless.
The scary thing about homelessness is that it can happen to anyone . We are all one pay check away from homelessness
yes being homeless is the baddest thing in this world
Rape is the worst because it is the ultimate violation of human dignity. Rape victims suffer for the rest of thier life with the trauma.

Homelessness is just awful but with the right help especially from government intervention in creating polices to reduce homelessness homeless people can have their situation changed and do have a chance of a good life.

Homeless is still horrific because it is such a dangerous and undignified way of living

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Lostandlooking, heraclitus23 and 4 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I would definitely prefer to be dead than to be homeless. The pains and humiliation of homelessness are for me, too much to bear. I think that I would have to go out by starvation, because I have no SN and getting some would be seemingly impossible for someone who is homeless. I cannot consider other methods, not in my current state of mind at least (could change with the desperation of homelessness?)

• Hugs
Reactions: DoneWithLife100, WrongPlaceWrongTime, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Bergamot

Bergamot

Sorry babe i love you..
Jan 25, 2021
Rape is the worst because it is the ultimate violation of human dignity. Rape victims suffer for the rest of thier life with the trauma.
Yes rape is the worst but bulliyng and emotional abuse and mental violence are too very hard and you suffer for the rest of your life too , bullying kill people not sadness

• Aww..
Reactions: Brokensaddle, WrongPlaceWrongTime, Lostandlooking and 3 others
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Yep - and that is why I am here.

I do not want to die.

I have no illusions that because of my gender, age, and illnesses that I will not long survive being homeless.

I am being ruthlessly practicall/realistic about this - I have to be.

I have been through enough trauma in my life, I would much prefer dying in the comfort of the home I now have (before I lose it) rather than being subjected to even more trauma.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Lostandlooking, heraclitus23 and 4 others
AndromedaZ

AndromedaZ

Oct 6, 2020
Yes, without a doubt. I've been homeless before. I'm NEVER doing it again. Not a fucking chance.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Bullit, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Thats why i said CTB doesnt really be in comformity with suffering level/life issues. The big factor is their type of character if theyre prone to CTB or not.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
LoupDeFeu

LoupDeFeu

Idiot genius
May 18, 2021
Absolutely. I'm already depressed. Why would I keep going if I were to become homeless on top of depression? Hell no.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, NormaJeane, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Some of them stop being homeless.

A

artemis1223

Nov 22, 2020
I am 70 years old, sick, and I just lost my home of 22 years. I cannot afford the enormous rents in this area. I work, but do not make a tremendous salary. I wake up and my heart is already pounding. CTB is the only way.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Snake of Eden, BeautifulMosaics, DoneWithLife100 and 7 others
A_miStake_of_NATURE

A_miStake_of_NATURE

I wish no one had to CTB..........
Aug 14, 2020
I am 70 years old, sick, and I just lost my home of 22 years. I cannot afford the enormous rents in this area. I work, but do not make a tremendous salary. I wake up and my heart is already pounding. CTB is the only way.
I'm so sorry to hear that. This is so unfair. I hope things will get better for you :heart:

Definitely ctb. It's not a life. It seems worse than just existing. It's existing in horrible conditions.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, Superdeterminist and artemis1223
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
I would CTB before becoming homeless. Each time I had no place to live lined up, I thought about CTB, but instead moved in with my parents.

Eventually they won't be around for me anymore...

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and artemis1223
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Yes, definitely rather die than live homeless on the street

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and artemis1223
T

TooLate2582

Experienced
May 6, 2018
There's a special kind of freedom to being a slave to no one. I've been homeless. It's sucked but it also wasn't bad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, BeautifulMosaics, demuic and 2 others
qwertylmno

qwertylmno

nine millimeter on the side swing it if you like
Jun 10, 2021
The suffering, loneliness, abuse and humiliation homeless people go through every day it is not living and nobody should have to live that especially in the advanced age we are living in
i see that some homeless people have created communities. while walking to class, i'll see them playing chess in a small park. one guy frequents this bar i go to and we play pool. he beats my ass. he knows everyone there. i admire the strength to keep going despite all odds and wonder what keeps them going.

Reactions: demuic, Lostandlooking and The Lonely
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, death is better than existing in awful conditions. I would choose death over any life at all honestly, non existence is an ideal state to me.

Reactions: myusername890 and artemis1223
J

JackTheStripper

Dec 26, 2020
I've been homeless when I was 14. It wasn't nice but it was doable...
Wouldn't want to be in that position ever again tho.
So yh, I'd probably kill myself instantly.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, demuic and The Lonely
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I extremely fear poverty and due to that I might end up homeless. I think if homelessness would happen I would even choose dangerous methods. Like OD and jump in front of a train. I hope I end it before homelessness happens.

Reactions: The Lonely
The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
As I see … homeless people are Marginals to the society. And by marginal they don't belong inside the society… In a way that No one ask for their opinion, no one is interested about how they passed the day, about what they have to say, no one gets happy when they arrive. they are even invisible. (Unless they do something like the 'visible people' do… as showing up at some fancy shopping, for example).

I reflected a lot about the marginalization situation and some times the different types mix up, and piles together.

Eg.: People who are in jail. They are marginalized as well. The thing is that many times even if they killed someone and made horrible stuff, they manage to get friends in jail, they learn a job, they get Into religion stuff, and when they live jail they manage to get their lives back and so on….

By the other hand, some people are marginalized Only because they have a mental disease (even without having committed any crime) they also are marginalized. Again: No one ask for their opinion, no one is interested about what they have to say, no one gets happy when they arrive… they are burden….

Then, if we mix mental disease together with not being able to pay their own bills, etc…We will have these folks ending up at streets…. And as consequence many times they end up getting into jail(…). (Some folks even want to get arrested in order to get out of streets)…

And there will be other people who ended up on streets and will manage a way to recover its financial situation and get recovered.
In all cases people need help (one friend, one institution, one 'God', one religion, one "hand"… in order to recover from this marginalization process … If that doesn't occur(…) You are going to end up being swept away from Earth having or not a roof over your head.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics and Alwaysbadtime
NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
As I see … homeless people are Marginals to the society. And by marginal they don't belong inside the society… In a way that No one ask for their opinion, no one is interested about how they passed the day, about what they have to say, no one gets happy when they arrive. they are even invisible. (Unless they do something like the 'visible people' do… as showing up at some fancy shopping, for example).

I reflected a lot about the marginalization situation and some times the different types mix up, and piles together.

Eg.: People who are in jail. They are marginalized as well. The thing is that many times even if they killed someone and made horrible stuff, they manage to get friends in jail, they learn a job, they get Into religion stuff, and when they live jail they manage to get their lives back and so on….

By the other hand, some people are marginalized Only because they have a mental disease (even without having committed any crime) they also are marginalized. Again: No one ask for their opinion, no one is interested about what they have to say, no one gets happy when they arrive… they are burden….

Then, if we mix mental disease together with not being able to pay their own bills, etc…We will have these folks ending up at streets…. And as consequence many times they end up getting into jail(…). (Some folks even want to get arrested in order to get out of streets)…

And there will be other people who ended up on streets and will manage a way to recover its financial situation and get recovered.
In all cases people need help (one friend, one institution, one 'God', one religion, one "hand"… in order to recover from this marginalization process … If that doesn't occur(…) You are going to end up being swept away from Earth having or not a roof over your head.
The fault lies in the system of the society we live in. Money and overpopulation have caused homelessness. Overpopulation leads to housing shortage. Because the society forces people to live until they die of old age, no matter how life turns out, there will be people without money. When all people lived in nature (and some people still live in nature without money), all humans were homeless.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Lostandlooking and The Lonely
The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
To be Homeless since you have mental issues is very possible ending.

In order to scape from this "future" people CTB before ending up at streets…

• Aww..
Reactions: DoneWithLife100, WrongPlaceWrongTime and A_miStake_of_NATURE