GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
This is something that I need to talk about. The past few days I have been seeing more and more news reports about "unidentified flying objects" being shot down by different countries air forces.

Just a few weeks ago I happened to have a dream where aliens were revealed to be real to humanity and the very first thing I thought about in the dream was to CTB because I already know that life would never be the same again if aliens turn out to be real. We would never be able to go back to how things were

But after waking up I spent some more time thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that if aliens were real they would in my opinion be a threat to humanity instead of helping us out. If you think about the fact that most of humanity is cruel and would kill steal and destroy if they were free to do so because 3000 years ago you had no other choice if you wanted to survive. This is just simply part of being in nature, as opposed to growing up in a society where rules and regulations tell you what you can or cannot do. All of the empaths and kind hearted people would never have survived being a caveman, because survival in raw nature means you need to cold hearted. And all that time we as a species spent having to survive ingrained this mentality into us.

If you take that concept and then imagine that aliens would probably have lived tens of thousands of years on a different planet with a similar ecosystem where survival of the fittest is the order of the day you can conclude that they too probably have a cruel nature. They would most likely be predators because that's just the only way you can survive in nature. In my opinion at least

So I think if aliens were revealed to be real anytime this year I would probably instantly CTB because I cannot imagine life getting any better from it, I think it would become much worse and they would probably be predators and try to deceive us or just kill us

What do you guys think?

Reactions: valkyrie, Hollowman and LavenderButterfly
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
WTF...

Reactions: Skathon
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i can't imagine us ever meeting aliens given the time it takes to travel to different planets and the time it takes for evolution to create intelligent lifeforms most civilizations i imagine just end up running out of resources and end up dying off so our chances of ever meeting aliens is so small its not even worth thinking about, it might not even be possible to travel at the speed of light which means 1000s of years spent in space to travel to the nearest earth like planet by them we would of die off and ran out of resources i think we are doomed but who knows for sure maybe AI can get us off this planet into deep space

The modern form of humans only evolved about 200,000 years ago. Civilization as we know it is only about 6,000 years old, and industrialization started in the earnest only in the 1800s., in about the year 2200 we will compleltly run out of resources on this planet

so the window for contact is very small like 1000 years the chances of evolution creating two civilizations at around the same time is really small

Last edited:
Reactions: wait.what and GreyCTB
LavenderButterfly

LavenderButterfly

Feb 11, 2023
If aliens were real and if they would come to us with malicious intent I would probably be less *actively* suicidal. If humanity would face an existential threat then I would probably be wiped out by those aliens anyway, and it would be easier (from mental point at least) than to CTB myself. Though it could depend on their methods.

If they would for some reason come to cooperate with us, then I don't know. Life certainly wouldn't be the same, but SI would probably convince me to live a little longer and see how the events would unfold.

H

Hopefully a helper

Feb 2, 2023
I guess it all depends on the aliens' intentions. If they wanted to destroy or experiment on us, of course CTP, but I doubt this is the case. If intelligent life is really as rare as we think, they would probably be amazed to find our planet and would simply try to communicate. On the other hand, that's a very human-centered way of viewing things. It's possible that these aliens care nothing for knowledge for knowledge's sake and would simply view us as a threat or a resource to be exploited. That kind of species would definitely be one of the first to make it to the stars, given its lack of empathy makes it easier to achieve its goals. I think this kind of society would have a hard time functioning, though. If these creatures really cared nothing for each other, it would be a constant battle for the top. A civilization like that would be riddled with too much turmoil to build technology that advanced. It would also just be hard to evolve like that. Humans only managed to survive because they worked together and learned from each other. Without that, there's no way even simple tribes could be formed. The only way I could see a society like that occurring is in a hive mind like in Ender's Game. I could see that happening but after the mind gains sentience I think it would just CTB itself with no one to talk to for its entire life and if it did find someone to talk to (us) I don't think they would be keen on killing them. I could hear the argument that this, too, is human-centered, with a remorseless mind that would kill us without a second thought having no need for communication and this may be right but the idea of having no one to talk to for decades sounds like torture to me.

Let's assume this horrible mind does exist, however. What use would it have in killing us? By comparison, we are so primitive, they probably wouldn't care enough to kill us. As Carl Sagan famously said, "Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves." I say this to you! If you think my ideas human-centered, think of your own! What is more arrogant than to think in all of this incredibly complex creature's mind it would decide to come to a pale blue dot just to kill us? There are worlds made of diamond, stars so bright you could harness their power for eons without it running out. Why would this creature ever come to our world other than to meet life?

In the end, we can only guess what aliens' intentions are but I would be much less likely to CTB if we found them.

Reactions: GreyCTB
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
This is something that I need to talk about. The past few days I have been seeing more and more news reports about "unidentified flying objects" being shot down by different countries air forces.

Just a few weeks ago I happened to have a dream where aliens were revealed to be real to humanity and the very first thing I thought about in the dream was to CTB because I already know that life would never be the same again if aliens turn out to be real. We would never be able to go back to how things were

But after waking up I spent some more time thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that if aliens were real they would in my opinion be a threat to humanity instead of helping us out. If you think about the fact that most of humanity is cruel and would kill steal and destroy if they were free to do so because 3000 years ago you had no other choice if you wanted to survive. This is just simply part of being in nature, as opposed to growing up in a society where rules and regulations tell you what you can or cannot do. All of the empaths and kind hearted people would never have survived being a caveman, because survival in raw nature means you need to cold hearted. And all that time we as a species spent having to survive ingrained this mentality into us.

If you take that concept and then imagine that aliens would probably have lived tens of thousands of years on a different planet with a similar ecosystem where survival of the fittest is the order of the day you can conclude that they too probably have a cruel nature. They would most likely be predators because that's just the only way you can survive in nature. In my opinion at least

So I think if aliens were revealed to be real anytime this year I would probably instantly CTB because I cannot imagine life getting any better from it, I think it would become much worse and they would probably be predators and try to deceive us or just kill us

What do you guys think?
Well. I would go bother the greys of course. They would shoot me down like a feral dog and then Ctb accomplished

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I always used to be frightened of the idea- too many sci-fi films. Still- look at it this way- if they ARE already here (and there do seem to be all sorts of sightings by people and pilots of UFO's) then they already have technology WAY more advanced than us... Presumably they could have wiped us all out already- why haven't they? Maybe they're a whole lot nicer than we think!

I watched a documentary series once. Honestly, I thought I was going to find it ridiculous. On the one hand, I find it kind of unlikely when we hear conspiracy stories of abductions. Still- some of the UFO stuff does seem more plausible in a way. If it's loads of people seeing it- including pilots and police officers- and there aren't really explanations- why not?

Anyhow- this group of people said they would try and communicate a location telepathically to them. (I know it sounds crazy!) Still- they were saying how risky it was for them to approach because they likely would be attacked. That made me so sad really- if they turn out to be nice! I bet I sound crazy!

Plus- if we really have shot any of them down- then- why haven't they retaliated? They've got to be better than us if they let that go. Still- you'd think there would be more widespread coverage EVERYWHERE if they really had downed a space ship.

Anyway- I'd likely wait and see what happens if they finally landed. If it turned into some War of the Worlds shit though- yeah- I'd likely CTB. Not so sure our race is worth fighting for- I'd rather be out of it all. Still- if they ARE friendly aliens- I think it would be kind of awesome to meet one. 😆 Bit like AI really. Maybe I'm just so sick of how unreliable humans are. It might feel refeshing to communicate with a different lifeform.

• Love
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
It's a strange question
but I wouldn't feel more or less suicidal

🤔

Reactions: Source Energy
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I'm down for some aliens if they have something better than n to ctb.👽

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Less, maybe they would change everything better tech, free us from disgusting bodies and current plane of existence. idk, I'm an optimist.

also someone explain recent thing to me, not really watched anything past week.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I do think they're real and they've been here a long time, thousands of years, doing research on us like we do research on animals. I don't think their plan on this is likely to change any time soon. SO I don't think that this should really affect any plans to ctb or not. The odds of being abducted seem very low, based on reports- there is probably more chance of being hit by lightning.

• Love
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

What do you guys think?
I don't think it would change anything for me, animals exist, that doesn't influence if I want to die or not, so I don't think aliens would effect it much.

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
it wouldn't make any difference for me. aliens existing or not makes no impact of my issues

B

Bardo

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2023
Depends on if they're the friendly or unfriendly greys. If they take us to be their slaves and love their anal probes, then give me N, and make it a double on the double!!

codedarchaeologist

codedarchaeologist

everybody ends up where the river meets the sea
Jan 21, 2023
Less, just for the curiosity.

As for recent news - the spike in news about "UFOs" is because of the tense geopolitical climate. Either countries are spying on each other more vigorously, or it's being reported more, or both.

mafuyu

mafuyu

electric angel
Feb 9, 2023
Too lazy to read all that (sorry) but I would be less suicidal if I could MEET them. Or even chat online. But I think if we know they exist, then the govt probably has them locked up or something.

BritishPaul

BritishPaul

irl comic relief
Feb 11, 2023
Aliens coming to earth would be like AI. I could be a day away from CTB and then news of ChatGPT/aliens hits. I gotta get my popcorn, fuck CTB that's lame lol I wanna meet aliens.