• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Would you avoid a parent/loved ones funeral to avoid someone?

• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Not that it's my main drive to want to CTB (although, they are the reason I first wanted to,) there is a person from my childhood, I feel like I'd do anything to avoid- including dying. So, while they're no longer the main motivation for me wanting to CTB- the thought of seeing them again could well be the trigger point.

I believe them to be a narcissist. They fit the description to a tee and while I know it's ridiculous for a middle aged woman to admit it, they still frighten me I suppose.

Do you have someone like that in your life? To what degrees would you go to avoid them? Would you avoid even a parents funeral or major family event to avoid them?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
The guilt over avoiding my grandparents' funerals was literally the main reason I initially joined this site. They were my father's parents and even though they were incredibly nice to me I did not want to see my father at all there. He invited me to the funeral (they had the same funeral because they died within a week of each other) but I didn't want to go if I had to see him. I could have asked my cousin where they were buried so I could pay respects later but I think it's too late at this point.

The guilt over this does haunt me a little less these days. Just add it to the pile of more reasons I'm a piece of shit who couldn't face his fears and thus needs to die for it.

Last edited:
B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
Not that it's my main drive to want to CTB (although, they are the reason I first wanted to,) there is a person from my childhood, I feel like I'd do anything to avoid- including dying. So, while they're no longer the main motivation for me wanting to CTB- the thought of seeing them again could well be the trigger point.

I believe them to be a narcissist. They fit the description to a tee and while I know it's ridiculous for a middle aged woman to admit it, they still frighten me I suppose.

Do you have someone like that in your life? To what degrees would you go to avoid them? Would you avoid even a parents funeral or major family event to avoid them?
i'd certainly put my interest above anyone else's. if it were that traumatising, i'd simply not go. although when i think of it hard, i actually would go. that's because i care about my own interests and i don't wanna be coerced into doing sumn i am not feeling like. if i have to attend the funeral, i will. i'll just take this as an opportunity to let myself know how nonchalant i am about other people or whatever.
i'd go.
( but keep your interest above anyone else's. you not going is also justified )

4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
i could easily not go to a funeral if i wanted to, i wouldn't feel guilty, but explaining the reason to parents would be the hardest part. also to avoid some groups of people from my past i straight up avoid some neighborhoods in my city lmao

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Personally, no. I have nobody who I want to intentionally avoid

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I do not let anyone else control me. So, no, if it was a funeral I wanted to attend, I would go. F*ck whoever else is there.

If I saw them, I would be polite but also try to steer clear of them to avoid confrontation.

Reactions: Forever Sleep