greenblood

greenblood

from God's perspective
Aug 13, 2024
I don't know if a dysfunctional family really cares if one of their relatives commits CTB. Well, I think that this brings even more problems to this family.

But having dysfunctional families also causes us problems when we live and grow up in that environment and this leads us to make a decision

I don't think it's nice that others have to suffer even more problems when I'm gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, DrearyAsh348 and AbsurdAbyss
DrearyAsh348

DrearyAsh348

May 8, 2023
Welcome to the forum!

It's possible they will care in the sense that they will feel guilt for not being able to save you. That's a common response to suicides. And depending on the situation you are in, if one of them finds you after you CTB, they might be traumatized by that. It's hard to say if it's them "caring" or if it's they are inconvenienced. Depends on the context and your closeness to them I guess. Are you and your family close?

That said, I'm sorry and I know this doesn't add much insight to what you are probably already going through. I hope you find peace somehow. Have you been considering CTB for a while? Just wondering since you're new here.

tenshi天神

tenshi天神

everything i love gathers dust inside my chest
Aug 13, 2024
even if they don't seem to care much, its a drastic & painful change to lose someone you've grown up with or raised (or especially, birthed). I don't think its right to make you feel guilty if you really are at a point where ctb is the only option but grief is a terrible, lifelong pain those we leave behind have to endure. my mom's family was always extremely dysfunctional growing up, & I often wondered if she cared about any of them because none of them are remotely affectionate w each other. but my grandpa dying broke her, even despite all the suffering & trauma she had endured growing up because of him. a big part of family is, I think, seeing each other at our absolute worst & accepting it (but not forgiving it). you will be missed. even if you can't imagine it. anyone capable of feeling love & empathy will def mourn. I hope you can make any decisions with that in mind. sorry if what I said doesn't apply to ur situation!!!
but,
our lives are interconnected with everything around us, and a loss is always felt.