• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
There would be some less for sure, mainly accidents. Sex is not the only reason people has kids at all. Sometimes people just want to be parents regardless of how the experience. In less fortunate areas, people has them as a way to generate extra income, workforce or an old age safety plan. I don't justify it at all and, to be fair, someone has to pay the toll and I still oppose that, mainly because child labor is a rampant problem in some zones, but it's how it is.

saw someone on Reddit
BTW, reddit anti-natalism is AIDS. I recommend looking, literally, anywhere else rather than there.

Reactions: sserafim
slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
Why though? I don't understand
Religious reasons, my mom told me back then.

When I told my grandma I don't want kids she said "Who is going to take care of you when you are old? Your cats?" she was upset. Unstable future, pension, and more. People think their kids will care for them and owe them something. which is clearly bs.
My mom changed her mind about this topic after i talked to her about it and says that parents owe their children not the other way around.

Some people have kids so they can leave something behind ig or because they think their kids are going to save them with a good degree or something like that.
Additionally, most people probably think its the biggest act of love to have a baby together.
These are just my logical guesses.

• Informative
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I will turn 68 pretty soon, never had kids and never wanted any. As far as the feeling aspect, I say yes, some folks would because of nature's constant pull to procreate.

Walter

• Informative
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
"We are the sex organs of the machine world."
Marshall McLuhan
Isn't that because nature made it feel good?
*that why nature made it feel good

The purpose of gene-based life is to pass on genes. If we didn't die, the purpose would be to duplicate genes.
(Some lucky and skillful bacteria don't die for many, many, many generations. In a sense, the first life form is still alive now, since there is a continuous chain of life from it to all current life. In another sense, it has changed enough to no longer be considered the same life form, but where do you draw the line?).

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Marshall McLuhan

The purpose of gene-based life is to pass on genes. If we didn't die, the purpose would be to duplicate genes.
(Some lucky and skillful bacteria don't die for many, many, many generations. In a sense, the first life form is still alive now, since there is a continuous chain of life from it to all current life. In another sense, it has changed enough to no longer be considered the same life form, but where do you draw the line?).
*It would currently be more reasonable to consider us the sex organs of cities than of machines.
But we may become the emotional organs of machines...

Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
Yes. You have all the options in the world to have enjoyable sex without getting you or your partner pregnant. I don't think this is correlated in a way

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
Yes. You have all the options in the world to have enjoyable sex without getting you or your partner pregnant. I don't think this is correlated in a way
People have an instinctual drive to procreate and reproduce though, I thought it was because nature made it feel good so that the species would survive
Marshall McLuhan

Yeah I know, that's why nature made people have the drive to reproduce and made s*x feel pleasurable so that the species would be propagated and not like die out or something

Last edited:
silentcicada

silentcicada

if you were me, you'd do the same
Aug 2, 2023
I always thought of our "instinct" to reproduce less of an "instinct" and more of a societal expectation. But I might be biased because I've never wanted children so never felt compelled to have em.

@WhiteRabbit hit the nail on the head with his explanation. Birth is painful, but having a child is worth that pain for some people. There'd just be a lot less oopsie-babies in the world if sex didn't feel good!

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I always thought of our "instinct" to reproduce less of an "instinct" and more of a societal expectation. But I might be biased because I've never wanted children so never felt compelled to have em.

@WhiteRabbit hit the nail on the head with his explanation. Birth is painful, but having a child is worth that pain for some people. There'd just be a lot less oopsie-babies in the world if sex didn't feel good!
Me neither, I always wondered why people wanted children so much. I agree; I think of having children as a societal and familial expectation as well. My dad wants me to get married and have children to continue the family line, but I don't want to. Why would having a child be worth the pain of childbirth for some people? I don't understand

silentcicada

silentcicada

if you were me, you'd do the same
Aug 2, 2023
Me neither, I always wondered why people wanted children so much. I agree; I think of having children as a societal and familial expectation as well. My dad wants me to get married and have children to continue the family line, but I don't want to. Why would having a child be worth the pain of childbirth for some people? I don't understand
From a neutral standpoint, I see why people would want children. You want to make the world a better place by passing on your knowledge and abilities to your little guy, so they can also make the world better. Obviously some people are selfish and only want to brag that they have kids for the sole purpose of "spreading their genes" but I really only ever see extremists with that opinion and not everyday people.

(I'm neither pro nor anti natalism. If you want kids, you have to be able to take care of them is how I feel.)

• Informative
Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
People have an instinctual drive to procreate and reproduce though, I thought it was because nature made it feel good so that the species would survive
Yes but fortunately we are not at the level of a rabbit anymore. We're humans. This was true in the middle ages. We can discuss the morals of reproduction but let's not pretend having a child is all fun and games. It's a lot of time effort and money. A life changing decision. We do have a drive to procreate that's true but saying people have kids because sex feels good is a big overstatement. People have kids because they want to have kids and have sex because they want to have sex.
We can say that sex was "made" to feel good for that reason but we're past that point where it matters

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
There are plenty of other ways to have children that don't involve procreation, and childbirth itself isn't pleasurable by any means (unless you're a rare one really into that I suppose...), so children would definitely still be born even if sex wasn't pleasurable.

Most people don't have sex to have children, it is pleasure for them. Precautions should always be takin to ensure there is no way of getting pregnant.

I don't know if I'm completely antinatalist, I'm asexual and have severe tokophobia so I'm against the idea of pregnancy in general.
I always found it personally unfair and inherently selfish to have biological children, especially if you have hereditary disorders because now that child may have to live that same way which, because I'm one of those people, is Hell. There are plenty of children that already exist without families! Adoption is a better option, and if that child also has some hereditary disorder from their own biological parents, the guilt isn't on you as you're not the one that afflicted them with such a thing.

I have looked and seen what parents on this forum have said, giving their input into discussions like this. I understand their viewpoints, but they're speaking from already having lived that way. It wouldn't be right for them to feel opposite. Idk if that makes sense though, explaining it myself. uhmm.

Either way, in the beginning, childbirth was always about carrying on the family bloodline, usually through royalty. Regular families with no ties to higher beings in power shouldn't care so much about "carrying on the family name", as in most societies, that just isn't a thing anymore. At that point it's just selfishness.

So yes, people would still have children even if sex wasn't pleasurable at all. As a societal expectation, a religious expectation, and just wanting to be parents in general. Why do people want to be parents? I don't know. I honestly can't fathom it myself. The idea of taking care of a small creature that needs way more needs and attention than a pet animal, gives me extreme fear.

I also always found it mildly amusing that carrying a fetus for over the proper term eventually kills the "host", like a parasite that you're not supposed to have in the first place.

But also... idk. I think babies in general are weird to have and despite my disagreements to force beings into existence that can't even ask for it (speaking completely from how I feel about myself and others that share my sentiment), to have a small baby hold your finger in their tiny hand makes the world feel a little less painful.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Although the birth rate have gone down its amazing how much people still have careless unprotected sex even with birth control without a thought to how much their child will suffer in this world. But most people don't suffer immensely in life so the parents think their kids will be the lucky ones to live a happy life

MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
when humans were 'developing' agriculture and such, they made as many kids as possible to help out with chores. basically all selfish reasons. does sex feel good? for the male, i would think all the time. for a woman, i cannot answer - especially if it was their first time. then there is that legacy bullshit. i was constantly pressured to find a wife by my dad to carry on his name. f that! not going through decades placating someone else for something that will eventually be forgotten anyway. funny side note is that he rejected every gf i introduced him to

d3ad

d3ad

Mar 15, 2023
The desire to have a child is a biological-based thing for some people, so yeah, they still would reproduce even if sex was painful. I personally have experienced the desire to have a baby, even though I am young, but my financial position, age, trauma, state of the world, and philosophical views prevent me from doing so.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There are plenty of other ways to have children that don't involve procreation, and childbirth itself isn't pleasurable by any means (unless you're a rare one really into that I suppose...), so children would definitely still be born even if sex wasn't pleasurable.

Most people don't have sex to have children, it is pleasure for them. Precautions should always be takin to ensure there is no way of getting pregnant.

I don't know if I'm completely antinatalist, I'm asexual and have severe tokophobia so I'm against the idea of pregnancy in general.
I always found it personally unfair and inherently selfish to have biological children, especially if you have hereditary disorders because now that child may have to live that same way which, because I'm one of those people, is Hell. There are plenty of children that already exist without families! Adoption is a better option, and if that child also has some hereditary disorder from their own biological parents, the guilt isn't on you as you're not the one that afflicted them with such a thing.

I have looked and seen what parents on this forum have said, giving their input into discussions like this. I understand their viewpoints, but they're speaking from already having lived that way. It wouldn't be right for them to feel opposite. Idk if that makes sense though, explaining it myself. uhmm.

Either way, in the beginning, childbirth was always about carrying on the family bloodline, usually through royalty. Regular families with no ties to higher beings in power shouldn't care so much about "carrying on the family name", as in most societies, that just isn't a thing anymore. At that point it's just selfishness.

So yes, people would still have children even if sex wasn't pleasurable at all. As a societal expectation, a religious expectation, and just wanting to be parents in general. Why do people want to be parents? I don't know. I honestly can't fathom it myself. The idea of taking care of a small creature that needs way more needs and attention than a pet animal, gives me extreme fear.

I also always found it mildly amusing that carrying a fetus for over the proper term eventually kills the "host", like a parasite that you're not supposed to have in the first place.

But also... idk. I think babies in general are weird to have and despite my disagreements to force beings into existence that can't even ask for it (speaking completely from how I feel about myself and others that share my sentiment), to have a small baby hold your finger in their tiny hand makes the world feel a little less painful.
I don't know why people would want to be parents either. I have no caretaking or nurturing urges, and I don't want to take care of or raise another human being. I have a dog because he's cute, but I would hate to have to take care of a person. I don't even like people lol. The thought of pregnancy also sounds gross to me, the fetus does sound like a parasite living inside of you, feeding off of your energy. Childbirth also sounds super painful. Like who would want to do that to themselves or go through that kind of pain? I think I also have tokophobia. I also just don't even like people, so I don't think I would like a small baby hand holding mine. I think I'd want it to get away from me asap.
Yes but fortunately we are not at the level of a rabbit anymore. We're humans. This was true in the middle ages. We can discuss the morals of reproduction but let's not pretend having a child is all fun and games. It's a lot of time effort and money. A life changing decision. We do have a drive to procreate that's true but saying people have kids because sex feels good is a big overstatement. People have kids because they want to have kids and have sex because they want to have sex.
We can say that sex was "made" to feel good for that reason but we're past that point where it matters
What do they gain out or get of having kids though? Someone to control and mold into their mini-me? Why do most people want to have kids?

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yes, people would still have kids. They believe in prolonging their bloodline and their impact on the planet and so forth

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
I would say/think/assume yes because some people like inflicting pain on others with or without sexual aspects

but then it also makes me wonder if there really is a thin/fine line between pain and pleasure like some people say

but also this conversation also makes me wonder if anything pleasurable or reassuring comes without risk or consequences or guilt or pain