P

purplesky9

Sep 21, 2024
I have had a bowel resection and don't have a large bowel. I frequently have diarrhoea. Would this mean I could have problems using SN as my method.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and nihilistic_dragon
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think most is absorbed in the small intestine. That's the idea behind taking meto, to get it there faster. I don't know with your health issue if that would present any other issues taking SN, though. Someone who knows will chime in, I'm sure.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
I think most is absorbed in the small intestine. That's the idea behind taking meto, to get it there faster. I don't know with your health issue if that would present any other issues taking SN, though. Someone who knows will chime in, I'm sure.
we have a few folks around here that have medical experience. hopefully they'll have some useful input.

but you are correct in that it's the small intestine that matters. so i suppose it depends on whether it was purplesky's large intestine or small intestine that got a reduction. and who knows if their condition would even have an impact, as SN acts pretty quickly and I don't see how it could be excreted before the job was done.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
so i suppose it depends on whether it was purplesky's large intestine or small intestine that got a reduction.
He did say large bowel. But, I'm unsure of "other" effects that are brought on by large intestine reduction that *may* affect "upstream" processes. You're right, I'm sure someone with more medical knowledge will chime in.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Do you have an ileostomy then?

P

purplesky9

Sep 21, 2024
Not anymore. But I did have one for a few years. Then I had surgery to reconnect everything.