A

aaaannndz

Feb 17, 2020
A bit of a vague question but thought I'd ask anyway. I wasn't planning originally on leaving a letter for my friends, just my parents. But then I thought, I don't want them to think that I've ghosted them forever and I do owe them apologies. But it seems a little extra. I don't want to come off as attention seeking (not that it'll matter to me anymore but still).

So my question is, is it extra? Is it attention seeking? And secondly, how reliable are the schedule functions in various messaging apps? I guess that's another broad question but is there ever a chance they could fail/send early/not send at all?

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
A bit of a vague question but thought I'd ask anyway. I wasn't planning originally on leaving a letter for my friends, just my parents. But then I thought, I don't want them to think that I've ghosted them forever and I do owe them apologies. But it seems a little extra. I don't want to come off as attention seeking (not that it'll matter to me anymore but still).

So my question is, is it extra? Is it attention seeking? And secondly, how reliable are the schedule functions in various messaging apps? I guess that's another broad question but is there ever a chance they could fail/send early/not send at all?
I can't speak to the questions about delayed scheduling. But if they matter to you and you haven't discussed your desire to die before then you should leave them something. The utility of notes and such is limited but something is better than nothing. They won't think you're attention-seeking. They'll think worse stuff probably but that just comes with the territory. It will be from a place of hurt anyways. But regardless you should leave them something.

Reactions: aaaannndz and dragonofenvy
NotesFromTheShadow

NotesFromTheShadow

Oct 28, 2023
Wow, when you put it like that, the term "ghosting" gets a whole nother meaning.

Well, sinister jokes aside: Yeah totally leave them something. It wouldn't be attention seeking, rather a last gesture of appreciation and love for those you call your friends.

I mean let's face it, when we ctb those who were close to us, are gonna suffer. Of course, when we are in a deep state of depression isolating ourselves into the most dark and sinister parts of our mind, we do not know that. We think that people don't care, no one is gonna miss us, when we go it'll leave everyone unfazed because, anyways we're such a piece of shit, they'd be better off without us... yada yada.
But that's just our distorted mind talking, the reality of the situation is different. People do care, they do care deeply. Especially those who were close to us. When we ctb they will be impacted by this. They will mourn us. They might not have expected this and be in utter shock about it. They might be thinking "what could I have done to prevent this."

By leaving a heartfelt note to them we can take a bit of that away. They will still suffer, but at least they get a bit of closure and answers to the ever pending question "Why"?

• Love
Reactions: aaaannndz and franzkafka
franzkafka

franzkafka

Aug 1, 2024
For me, if I have ctb, I won't imagine myself doing that without leaving something for my friends. Because I care about them like they are family. I see them as a chosen family. But that's me. It depends on how is your relationship with your friends. For me it's not dramatic at all to leave them something.

Reactions: aaaannndz
emoplugg

emoplugg

she/her
Aug 19, 2024
yeah, id say to do it. i'll be leaving the few friends i have left messages. i plan on scheduling emails to them

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
I think only you know your friends and your goals - if it's to help console them then you can both choose to do it and not.

The challenge is as soon as I'd write it I'd desperately want to send it immediately to them rather than waiting because of my impulsivity. The letter I send to the man who physically and emotionally abused me is the one I look forward to the most; i may share his contact informaiton in a letter to my family that details all he did and so there can be karma to come for him.