A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Ending up as a ghost is usually seen as a doomed fate. This may sound weird, but I wish I could kill myself and continue living. I guess it's because each sucks in its own way. It seems to me like being a ghost would let me enjoy some of the things I like about life (music, movies, comedy, hearing a good story, reading – yes I'm an English major nerd). I'd miss out on drugs (god's gift basket :) ) and I'd probably wouldn't be able to create anything (writing, music, stories), or if I did there'd be no record of it, not that it's something I've taken advantage of much while alive either.
Would you mind being a ghost? I sure as hell wouldn't bother to haunt anyone.... I've always thought that's something made up by narcissists – that they're so important people in the afterlife would spend time on them.

Would it not be nice to hang around after death to just enjoy things that are undoubtedly fun? Honestly, that's all I want. Am the only one who thinks that what he'll miss the most about life is having fun? People let you down, but I know how to entertain myself. That's why lockdown hasn't been so hard on me. It's having to do everything else that is exhausting.

Reactions: nox_ghoul, demuic, inactive and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Would you mind being a ghost?
My experience with ghosts is that they are all unhappy. They are caught between living and dying. They just hang around watching the living go about their lives but can't really participate. Think of those things you mentioned you enjoy but can't do them.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
Nope . I dont wanna be a ghost . I want only the Void . Ghost not okay .

Reactions: Amber1974!!, Wolfjob_dayjob, darkghost and 2 others
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Depends what kind of ghost.
90's Patrick Swayze? Sadakko Yamamura? Casper? Christmas Past?
I think all ghosts are fundamentally unhappy (because yeah I like know tonnes of them) as another poster suggested they are not alive and not at peace, seems rubbish but depends on what you classify as a ghost I suppose?
Nice thread, respect friend
DBD

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deleted member 4993, Xocoyotziin and 1 other person
C

Crumbledank

May 14, 2020
Ending up as a ghost is usually seen as a doomed fate. This may sound weird, but I wish I could kill myself and continue living. I guess it's because each sucks in its own way. It seems to me like being a ghost would let me enjoy some of the things I like about life (music, movies, comedy, hearing a good story, reading – yes I'm an English major nerd). I'd miss out on drugs (god's gift basket :) ) and I'd probably wouldn't be able to create anything (writing, music, stories), or if I did there'd be no record of it, not that it's something I've taken advantage of much while alive either.
Would you mind being a ghost? I sure as hell wouldn't bother to haunt anyone.... I've always thought that's something made up by narcissists – that they're so important people in the afterlife would spend time on them.

Would it not be nice to hang around after death to just enjoy things that are undoubtedly fun? Honestly, that's all I want. Am the only one who thinks that what he'll miss the most about life is having fun? People let you down, but I know how to entertain myself. That's why lockdown hasn't been so hard on me. It's having to do everything else that is exhausting.

Never heard a proposed definition of ghost that makes any sense, so no opinion beyond that.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Never heard a proposed definition of ghost that makes any sense, so no opinion beyond that.
lol
Depends what kind of ghost.
90's Patrick Swayze? Sadakko Yamamura? Casper? Christmas Past?
I think all ghosts are fundamentally unhappy (because yeah I like know tonnes of them) as another poster suggested they are not alive and not at peace, seems rubbish but depends on what you classify as a ghost I suppose?
Nice thread, respect friend
DBD
I guess you are free to define ghosts as you see fit. I don't believe in ghosts but being able to hang around and chill wouldn't be the hell usually associated with ghosthood.
My experience with ghosts is that they are all unhappy. They are caught between living and dying. They just hang around watching the living go about their lives but can't really participate. Think of those things you mentioned you enjoy but can't do them.
I don't know, being able to go to movies and concerts. I'm just offering an alternative view to being a ghost that is nearly universally portrayed as hellish.

Last edited:
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
It would drive me insane. More of the same stuff, no release, and on top of that you can't even interact with anything to distract yourself? I'm not interested enough in anything in the world to be satisfied observing it. I want out. I'd probably end up catatonic.

deadbeat

deadbeat

Sep 9, 2020
I think I'd be okay with that. It'd be like being alive without the stress of needing food, shelter, medical care, etc.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Deleted member 4993
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Yes, I think I'd be fine with it. To an extent, I sometimes wished I could become invisible and not have to interact with and be seen by others others due to social anxiety. Without needing to eat or have money to exist, or be reliant on others wouldn't be so bad to me.

Also, I would want to be able to look at how other people live their lives by following them as a ghost. Because I am curious about how others go about their day, especially happy people. Or I could look into what's really going on in the "secretive" lives of the rich, famous, elite, etc. It might be bad if I see evil going on, and wouldn't be able to help, but if I could still interact with the world a little to help, that would be useful.

If I could still let my mother know I'm around, that would also be okay.

• Love
Reactions: nox_ghoul, deadbeat, Wolfjob_dayjob and 1 other person