HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
A while ago i did a frontend course and quit after realizing i hate Design stuff and CSS.

I am not a visual or artistry person at all.

I loathe Html and Css .
I did find Javascript interesting but that was because of the logical and algorithm aspect.

i quit this front end course because i got sick and tired of design aspect. Centerting divs, applying pixels, div div div div. borders, paddeing. Then always having to change the design, placing this button, that menu, this css property all that art stuff i hate .
i want to learn back end or other coding that isnt visual heavy.

Will this be possible if i have no programming experience?

Reactions: another@
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
If you like it, why not.

I have been programming since I was 9yo (started in a Commodore 16). I have always thought that liking it is the most important part, but probably having talent/intelligence is needed too, I can't imagine a dumb person programming tbh. šŸ˜†

HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

Warlock
Sep 28, 2022
If you like it, why not.

I have been programming since I was 9yo (started in a Commodore 16). I have always thought that liking it is the most important part, but probably having talent/intelligence is needed too, I can't imagine a dumb person programming tbh. šŸ˜†
tbh im only of Average intelligence maybe a bit lower lol./

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
In fact, that was the case for literally every programmer.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm guessing they mean- EVERYONE starts with no knowledge of a subject before they learn it... I'm guessing you're concern is that for the age you are- you will be starting at a disadvantage- compared to people who started learning this from the start? I mean- you will be- there's no real getting around that. You will have a lot to catch up on.

Depends on how much you want it I suppose. If you are willing to put in the time and effort to learn it all- definitely go for it. I did a second degree in my late twenties. There were a few other mature students there with me. People change course in their lives loads these days. I'm about to start a new job where I have no experience in the field. None of it is ideal but that's life- sonetimes we have to change direction and learn new things.

I remember on a recent post, you said you had been accepted on a scholarship programme wasn't it? Is that related?

Solek

Solek

Apr 14, 2023
If you're looking into web development having some basic knowledge on designing is necessary. If you just want to lean to programm in general, I think learning C would more entertaining, you can learn about variables, loops, arrays, manipulating memory, etc... where all you need is a compiler, a terminal and preferiably a code editor.