• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

grendel4578

grendel4578

following the freezing moon
May 13, 2023
I don't have a criminal record, but I have numerous mental illnesses - BPD, ADHD, C-PTSD, AVPD, and severe depression and I was wondering if you all think I'd be able to pass a background check. So far I still have my eyes set on a $105 single shot 10 gauge shotgun if I end up going through and committing suicide. If I'm incapable of passing a background check I'll probably buy a black powder gun since they don't need background checks afaik, if that ends up being the case I'd probably buy a reproduction of the 1847 Colt Walker since it's about as powerful as a modern .357 Magnum revolver.

S

Slipkorn

May 10, 2023
Most likely not. Rifles and shotguns are easier to obtain. Often, depending on where you live, handguns require a license and training, but larger firearms fall under home defense/ hunting, instead of self defense. Usually any diagnosed depression disqualifies the purchase of firearms, for obvious reasons.

M

miserabletires9

Student
Mar 27, 2023
Most likely not. Rifles and shotguns are easier to obtain. Often, depending on where you live, handguns require a license and training, but larger firearms fall under home defense/ hunting, instead of self defense. Usually any diagnosed depression disqualifies the purchase of firearms, for obvious reasons.
how does the government know u have been diagnosed with mental illness? there are so many people are some kind of anti-depressants these days. My guess is that unless u've been committed, you may do ok

OP should put in a background check request anyways.

grendel4578

grendel4578

May 13, 2023
how does the government know u have been diagnosed with mental illness? there are so many people are some kind of anti-depressants these days. My guess is that unless u've been committed, you may do ok

OP should put in a background check request anyways.
haven't been involuntarily committed so maybe it'll end up being fine

M

miserabletires9

Student
Mar 27, 2023
haven't been involuntarily committed so maybe it'll end up being fine
it's useless asking here. U should just go and purchase the gun u want and get a background check and see

Reminds of me of the time I try to apply for Global Entry. I don't have any criminal records, thought what could be wrong. Then I filled out the first step of online application, and I can't even pass..

grendel4578

grendel4578

May 13, 2023
it's useless asking here. U should just go and purchase the gun u want and get a background check and see

Reminds of me of the time I try to apply for Global Entry. I don't have any criminal records, thought what could be wrong. Then I filled out the first step of online application, and I can't even pass..
i was just wondering since i have no money, can't purchase anything atleast until next month if i start a job and get a paycheck

Zulu

Zulu

Aug 10, 2022
I don't have a criminal record, but I have numerous mental illnesses - BPD, ADHD, C-PTSD, AVPD, and severe depression and I was wondering if you all think I'd be able to pass a background check. So far I still have my eyes set on a $105 single shot 10 gauge shotgun if I end up going through and committing suicide. If I'm incapable of passing a background check I'll probably buy a black powder gun since they don't need background checks afaik, if that ends up being the case I'd probably buy a reproduction of the 1847 Colt Walker since it's about as powerful as a modern .357 Magnum revolver.
Look up ATF 4473, which is the federal background check form you have to fill out. While there could be additional state restrictions if you live in a blue state, in most parts of the country (especially red states), this is all that's used as a background check. You can have a mental illness and still buy/own a firearm. The only two disqualifications relating to mental illness at the federal level are "being adjudicated as a mental defective," where a court of law rules you are a danger to yourself, that you can't function in society, etc. Being diagnosed with a mental illness by a health professional doesn't count; it's only if a court legally declares you with this title. The second disqualification is if you have ever been involuntarily committed to a mental institution. If you have been, you're disqualified. If you voluntarily committed yourself, or...if you were brought in for observation for the first 72 hours and were released, you still have your second amendment rights. Worth noting that a voluntary commitment can turn to involuntary based on a health professional's judgement, so that is a thing. But regularly getting therapy sessions outside of a mental health facility, being diagnosed with a mental disorder, or being on meds aren't disqualifiers at the federal level.

ikadasui

ikadasui

Arcanist
May 29, 2018
When I got mine they have you sign off this liability waver. I just smiled, lied and walked out with a 45(heh that rhymes)