disappearingquietly

disappearingquietly

Aug 15, 2024
I'm just getting desperate as hell, and this looks like a pretty lethal option. I'm fine with the gory nature of the aftermath, but one thing holds me back. The train operator. I don't think that seeing someone splattered on the front of the vehicle that you're controlling is very pleasant. Anyways, anyone got any thoughts?

Downdraft

Downdraft

Alive and kicking btw
Feb 6, 2024
This was asked the other day, and no, you're never a dick for being desperate. Nor for having significant pain you feel like dropping and not having many options left.

To restrict their rights isn't OK. No one should change the methods of others or hold such control over them, or telling their pain is acceptable just because they feel it based on pure subjectivity.

Last edited:
Reactions: disappearingquietly, ToMoveOn, annointed_towers and 3 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
At least try and jump in front of train without passengers, that way only one person has to be traumatized. Harm reduction and all that.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: disappearingquietly, uncat_ and Downdraft
tiredandafraid

tiredandafraid

Silent Night
Aug 23, 2024
I don't think this would be a good way. You're basically forcing the driver of the train to do this and they will be scarred for life. Also, it seems so violent. I feel like a peaceful death is preferable to this. I make no judgments of you and your choices. I'm sorry you are in so much pain.

Reactions: disappearingquietly
justamirror

justamirror

Aug 17, 2024
I think if I had to choose between that or jumping from height I would choose to jump down to my death. Especially if it's concrete or asphalt. I don't think I would survive at 270 lb jumping 70+ feet belly flopping on the ground. Pretty good guarantee probably painless since it happens so quickly.

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
yes. I can empathize very much with desperation but I think it's wrong to basically pass at least some of your pain onto the train operator, a stranger just going about their job.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
No. You're just desperate and don't have any other method available to you. You didn't ask to be born and nobody should force you to stay alive. As long as society stigmatizes suicide and doesn't legalize Euthanasia, nobody has the right to judge you. Everyone should have the right to die, yet we only put suffering animals down. It's messed up.

Reactions: disappearingquietly, ToMoveOn, deanh53 and 4 others
SNastablesalt

SNastablesalt

she longs for freedom
Oct 6, 2023
I'm just getting desperate as hell, and this looks like a pretty lethal option. I'm fine with the gory nature of the aftermath, but one thing holds me back. The train operator. I don't think that seeing someone splattered on the front of the vehicle that you're controlling is very pleasant. Anyways, anyone got any thoughts?
In my opinion no in others yes.

H

HopeToStay

May 31, 2024
It's not the most dickheaded method, but it's certainly in the realms of dickhead.

H

HopeToStay

May 31, 2024
At least try and jump in front of train without passengers, that way only one person has to be traumatized. Harm reduction and all that.

I've actually been on a train that hit somebody.

I visited America and was riding the Amtrak into LA at a fair speed, maybe 60-70mph. Suddenly the train broke with all its force and we just sat the for ages not knowing why, then a police team came down the side of the train and started looking under our carriage. Not sure if it was suicide or not, i guess it probably was.

I was also coming home from work one night at Gatwick airport rail station when our train was delayed as someone had jumped in front of another train, but i did get the pleasure of seeing them wheel a body bag down the platform.

Neither incident was remotely traumatising tbh - though i can't speak for the driver who now has to live with those images for his whole life. However, both instances were frigging inconvenient, and you can multiply that inconvenience by every person on the train. A 2 hour delay on a train with 300 people on it is a almost a month of delay in total.

• Informative
Reactions: disappearingquietly and GoatHerder
annointed_towers

annointed_towers

Cursed by God
Dec 9, 2022
I think people overestimate the trauma the driver would endure.

turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

🎣
Nov 13, 2023
I think people overestimate the trauma the driver would endure.
tbf the driver could be anybody, they could be a sick freak that gets off to watching gore or they could be a kind innocent person. we wouldn't exactly know how much trauma the driver would endure because they're just a random person doing their job. it's expected that people would "overestimate" the trauma simply because we have no idea how much they can endure

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
You'll certainly be someone who has left the train crew & emergency workers who have to clean up the bits of your body from the appliance and tracks something to remember you by.

L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
I will never forget any of the suicides I've attended including those where people have jumped infront of trains, they're gory and traumatising for us as emergency workers and we're only there for the aftermath. I've never met a train driver who wasn't distraught after hitting someone. In my opinion involving a train driver is just passing your pain to them, yes they get time off work paid (in my country) but they also then have to go through a long process of dealing with the trauma they've been involved in. The one that particularly sticks in my mind is the driver telling me the man jumped out from the bushes ran onto the track faced the train before turning round at the last minute and being splattered all over the windscreen, that driver was absolutely beside himself.

sweetcreep

sweetcreep

Jul 21, 2024
i know it seems really tempting, but maybe hold off a little bit longer until you figure out a better method. i feel like jumping in front of a train would force other people to be a part of your plans without their consent.

A

ausiegal

Aug 12, 2024
I agree with both sides of the fence listed above. It could be tough on the train driver/passengers/first responders. But I can also understand someone's desperation & that these thoughts may not be a priority for a person who simply wants to CTB.

Whilst it seems like the easy way out, there are methods that are more lethal listed on here.

Also, type train suicide into reddit and have a look at some of the NSFW photos/videos… your body may look like a beef brisket when you're done. That quickly turned me off this method.

May you find the peace you are seeking whether you choose this option or not.