gravesfrommiami

gravesfrommiami

##b4sisters
Mar 8, 2023
This is something I've been thinking about for quite a while and i don't know if it would be morally okay to CTB out of spite or revenge.

I know some people have said it doesn't really matter because you'll be dead but i honestly don't know i need opinions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Lovey, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
delusionalgirl

delusionalgirl

I have my ticket. Awaiting my journey
Jun 17, 2023
I for one don't judge people for why they choose to do it. Hell I knew someone with massive amount of debt and back taxes owed. I was like I get it. But as for moral reasons… I mean whatever a persons reasons for doing it is their own. If they have made up their minds that they want to ctb then that's up to them. It's not for others to judge.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, gravesfrommiami and Grimpoteuthis
LifeisDark

LifeisDark

Jul 5, 2023
Would it be morally wrong? I can't say that it would necessarily be morally wrong, as CTB itself is not necessarily immoral (yes, some philosophies or religions would say it is, but ignoring that atm). However, I would say CTB for the sake of spite or revenge would be kind of pointless because if that is the only reason you are doing it, there are many other better ways of getting revenge than CTB. I would never judge someone for choosing CTB for any reason; after all, it is fully within each person's right to decide what they do with their body and life. I would suggest considering other options because if you still have the chance for an alright life ahead of you, ending it for the sake of revenge just doesn't seem worth it.

Just my opinion, and it should 100% be taken with a grain of salt. You do what's best for you, mate. 👌

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, gravesfrommiami, Grimpoteuthis and 2 others
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
I won't speak on morals because everyone has a different moral compass but If that is the ONLY reason you are CTBing then you shouldn't. Better ways of being spiteful than CTBing that are less drastic. At the end of the day it's your choice and since you are on this site I can only assume you have complex reasons for wanting to CTB but if by chance you really are thinking about CTBing just to spite someone else I don't think its worth it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, gravesfrommiami and Grimpoteuthis
gravesfrommiami

gravesfrommiami

##b4sisters
Mar 8, 2023
I won't speak on morals because everyone has a different moral compass but If that is the ONLY reason you are CTBing then you shouldn't. Better ways of being spiteful than CTBing that are less drastic. At the end of the day it's your choice and since you are on this site I can only assume you have complex reasons for wanting to CTB but if by chance you really are thinking about CTBing just to spite someone else I don't think its worth it.
Don't worry i wouldn't CTB out spite or anything it was just an idea thats been in my mind for awhile.

• Hugs
Reactions: lament. and Huntfish34
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
If it's with malicious intent then I'd say so however if it isn't it's your life and your choice what to do with it. If it's an informed decision that's all that matters to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Guess it depends on how badly or intentionally you were hurt to begin with. All I would say is- if you were intentionally hurt- do you suppose the perpetrators would actually care that much? They either made an excuse to themselves to hurt you to begin with or- they did it intentionally with no concern for you. I imagine- chances are, they would be able to pull the same mental gymnastics with your death- maybe. I'm not convinced that people who hurt people do feel all that much remorse about it. They likely convince themselves they were/are in the right.

• Hugs
Reactions: todiefor, (¥) and Huntfish34
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Vultures circle overhead
Feb 28, 2023
I don't see how suicide could be morally wrong, but one should only ctb if they personally have a desire to leave. Others are insignificant, and shouldn't have this kind of control over another's life.

• Hugs
Reactions: todiefor and Huntfish34
AriasRed

AriasRed

Jul 6, 2023
When I was younger, part of what I wanted to get by doing CTB was to make those who hurt me experience pain, but I no longer think like that. I honestly don't think it's bad to make others suffer for the pain they caused you. I just don't think it will be effective in every case. You don't know how people will react to your death. Who knows? They might even end up by being happier without you. In the end, it would be best for you to stay alive to see how these people are doing.

• Hugs
wristcutangel

wristcutangel

What value is there to a life that wants to end?
Jul 5, 2023
not morally wrong, although i wouldn't recommend doing something as drastic as throwing away your life for spite, as someone who's considered it myself.

• Hugs
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Everyone mortals are dif so that aside I don't think anyone killing themselves outta spite would be doing it purely outta spite anyway.

Like what's underneath or inbetween that spite? What experiences created it? That's the kinda thing I consider. Most people ain't worth it to kill ourselves over but honestly who's to really say? I knew someone who went through the most disgusting horrible etc forms of abuse from their parents. If they wanted to kill themselves outta spite personally I wouldn't see anything wrong with that per say.

So I guess it just depends we are all different and we hurt for different reasons.

I again will say I doubt that it would just be spite motivating one to kill oneself sooo yee

Imo do why feels right for u but think about within your own reasons & experiences.

Reactions: jusbug
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't think that suicide could ever be "wrong", it's always a personal decision when to leave and we all have our right to die, suicide could never even need a reason and it's always up to the individual and after all, we will all die someday whether there is a reason behind it or not.

Reactions: Wehmut
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
This is something I've been thinking about for quite a while and i don't know if it would be morally okay to CTB out of spite or revenge.

I know some people have said it doesn't really matter because you'll be dead but i honestly don't know i need opinions.
Yes, it is morally ok to CTB either out of revenge or spite

HopefulSleep

HopefulSleep

Wants to sleep
Apr 24, 2023
Sorry that I don't understand but how should ctb out of revenge work?
How should people who hurt you get hurt by you ctb'ing?

Reactions: todiefor
todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
I don't judge for any reason, it's very personal. But I will say that if you are hoping that they would feel bad or be traumatised you might be out of luck, what if they are happy you ctbed, what if it makes their lives easier and better, what if other people piled sympathy on them while you are dead, if your whole reason was to spite this person then that would really be a unnecessary tragedy for you.

In that case it would be more morally wrong for you than for the person you are trying to spite

Reactions: AbsurdCapybara
KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
It depends on what the details are? What's your story? Who do you want to spite and why?

Wehmut

Wehmut

it's not fair...
Apr 13, 2023
Wouldn't say that it is wrong to ctb as revenge but just a bit dumb. At least for me I know I would only ctb for myself. Ending your life because of other people would mean that you give those people a lot of power over you.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The reason for ctb doesn't matter, as long as its a valid reason I don't think it was wrong to ctb. Its what they thought was best for them, their opinion comes first before anyone else's.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Here, suicide is a tactic. Whether it's a moral tactic depends on its predictable outcomes. That's how we evaluate any tactic

brownbear

brownbear

Aug 27, 2023
If revenge isnt the only reason for ctb, i think its absolutely legitimate to do so. Though i believe that one very likely has other struggles in life to consider to ctb as an act of revenge (as there are many other options to seek revenge, like murder). Have you read Anna Karenina (Tolstoi)? The protagonist also kills herself as an final act of revenge, after suffering and not seeing a solution to her hopeless situation. Its a great book, could relate to the protagonist quite a bit sometimes.