Kokonoe

Kokonoe

Worthless
Apr 20, 2023
My options are quite limited so bleeding out seems like my most realistic option. Would stabbing myself in the stomach as many times as I can and waiting to bleed out work? I was going to maybe take painkillers beforehand in hopes of making it even the slightest bit less painful.

Is there a better way to go about this? Like a better way to bleed out or numb the pain of it? Any help at all is appreciated.

Reactions: Interestedsadboi25
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Regular painkiller won't do anything. Are you really sure there's no other option? I really don't recommend stabbing.

Is there a better way to go about this?

You can read about Seppuku

Reactions: Meditation guide and Kokonoe
Kokonoe

Kokonoe

Worthless
Apr 20, 2023
Regular painkiller won't do anything. Are you really sure there's no other option? I really don't recommend stabbing.

You can read about Seppuku
I can't drive to go out and get something like a gun, I'm completely broke pretty much, and I live with my parents so I don't really have a lot of privacy/freedom. So like firearms are off the table, I know overdoses suck, and I don't trust myself to hang myself properly, I'm not sure I have anything I could hang myself with, and also I'm afraid of the brain damage that might happen if I get discovered while trying to hang myself. The only other option I think I could maybe try is drowning via shallow water blackout. Other than that, I'm not sure what else I could do.

Also I'll look into Seppuku like you suggested.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
Would stabbing myself in the stomach as many times as I can and waiting to bleed out work?
In theory yes but it would be absurdly painful even with painkillers. Unless you can get your hands on some seriously strong drugs. It's much faster, more lethal, and less painful to instead cut an artery or vein, such as those in your wrist or neck.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Why the stomach? Why not the carotid artery? Much faster and less painful. Screenshot 2023 10 31 09 56 28 608 comandroidchrome edit
Ctb by stabbing your stomach will almost certainly not work, the method is painful and long, your Survival Instinct would kick in quickly, but if you stab your carotid artery, you will bleed to death very rapidly.

Reactions: Interestedsadboi25, 90starve, carac and 1 other person
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Why the stomach? Why not the carotid artery? Much faster and less painful. View attachment 122030
Ctb by stabbing your stomach will almost certainly not work, the method is painful and long, your Survival Instinct would kick in quickly, but if you stab your carotid artery, you will bleed to death very rapidly.
This. Even seppuku (ritual suicide via cutting the stomach) would then be followed by someone either beheading the person or the person stabbing themselves in the throat. If one managed to stab themselves in the throat and then pull the knife out, that would likely kill them within a minute at best.

Reactions: Kokonoe
die_young

die_young

Oct 29, 2023
Stabbing in heart, or severing a major blood vessel, would result in death in minutes or less. Loss of conciousness would likely occur before death though.

• Hmph!
Reactions: fkyou and Kokonoe
Kokonoe

Kokonoe

Worthless
Apr 20, 2023
Why the stomach? Why not the carotid artery? Much faster and less painful. View attachment 122030
I'm honestly just very scared about stabbing myself in the neck like that or doing anything like that with my neck, really. It just feels way easier to work up the courage to stab my stomach than to stab my neck. I don't know why I get so irrationally scared about my neck specifically.

But I will keep this in mind. It seems like my best bet if I can manage to work up the courage to do it. Thank you.

Reactions: hibikikyuxx
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
That might be your body/SI telling you something. Subconsciously it knows which parts of you it wants to protect most, and those are the parts it needs to survive.

Elliott Smith stabbed himself in the heart and I have no idea how anyone could get the courage to do that.